Wives Should Bow To Husband's Feet Before Bed

Jai Dee

DEMOCRAT PARTY SAYS MINISTER WATANA'S IDEA OF HAVING THE WIFE BOW TO THE HUSBAND'S FEET BEFORE BED SHOULD FIRST BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE MINISTER'S FAMILY

The Democrat Party has indicated that the idea of having the wife bows to the husband's feet before bed should start with the family of the social development and human security minister setting an example.

Democrat Party vice spokesperson Niratkarn Seelarp (ณิรัฐกานต์ ศีลาภ) said that in the case where Social Development and Human Security Minister Watana Muangsook (วัฒนา เมืองสุข) had proposed an idea to strengthen the family institute by having the wife bows to the husband's feet before bedtime, she saw that paying respect should come from the person's own conscience, and no rules should be issued for the public.

Ms. Niratkarn also said that the majority of the public disagreed with Mr. Watana's idea, and that should the public be required to abide by the idea then the minister's family must first set an example.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันอาทิตย์ที่ 13 พฤศจิกายน 2548

He is truly out of touch with reality regarding Thai women. Perhaps a few hundred years ago before 'enlightenment' it could happen but a modern Thai women might just decide to bite his toes off and feed them to the ducks.

Or bite off something worse on the way down :D

Does anyone know his wife's reaction to this? Go forth and multiply could be one reaction :o

Does he has any daughters??

Q-up to make a proposal soon  :o

He has the backing of the dear PM too.

Quote from the Nations :

"Thaksin responded by saying that Watana was within his rights to make suggestions about how to improve morality. "

That's a spurious quote.

I am no supporter of Mr. T, but in all fairness, I saw Thaksin's statement on Thai TV last night. What he said was that this is an ancient custom that does not belong in a modern society.

Does he has any daughters??

Q-up to make a proposal soon  :D

He has the backing of the dear PM too.

Quote from the Nations :

"Thaksin responded by saying that Watana was within his rights to make suggestions about how to improve morality. "

That's a spurious quote.

I am no supporter of Mr. T, but in all fairness, I saw Thaksin's statement on Thai TV last night. What he said was that this is an ancient custom that does not belong in a modern society.

Sometimes he does think. :o

There is hope after all.

I'll do it! If... there's also a new law brought in that my Thai husband has to sign a document that he will provide (financially and otherwise) for me and keep me in the style to which I am accustomed for the rest of my life.

And that, that paper be enforced by law.

Traditions and all that you know.

Wives Should Bow To Husband's Feet Before Bed, "Strengthening the Family Institute

NO ... he'd call me mommy and bow to my feet .. i will give him 100bht a day for meal..he'd massage me, clean room, do laundry ..and work hard for good salary ..being a good ATM just for me

call me Mistress :o

That's why im single :D:D

Yet another Minesterial dick head, re the old comedy series...some Mothers do have em!

Thaksin gave Wattana the job of diverting public attention from the serious issues that affect Thailand, namely the south, inflation, corruption, etc. His job is to come up with a controversial issue at least once a week, never mind if people don't agree, it stops them considering how the privatisation of EGAT will help AIS with all those lovely fibre optic lines available from the public purse, the politicians behind the lamyai scandal, the reasons behind Taksin's decision to transfer the teachers' budget to under the TAO, most of whose members reached an educational level way below the teachers.

In Thailand you can't take statements by politicians at face value, only the naive do, look deeper.

As I said in another thread today...this government is most entertaining. I hope Mr. Wattana stays in his office for much longer, I can't wait for what's coming next...

Women should walk around naked from the waist up, wear paa-sins and chew betel as was the mode 100 years ago? :D

I'm not in for the betel nuts, but your other suggestions are worth a second thought... :o

Yet another Minesterial dick head, re the old comedy series...some Mothers do have em!

Thaksin gave Wattana the job of diverting public attention from the serious issues that affect Thailand, namely the south, inflation, corruption, etc. His job is to come up with a controversial issue at least once a week, never mind if people don't agree, it stops them considering how the privatisation of EGAT will help AIS with all those lovely fibre optic lines available from the public purse, the politicians behind the lamyai scandal, the reasons behind Taksin's decision to transfer the teachers' budget to under the TAO, most of whose members reached an educational level way below the teachers.

In Thailand you can't take statements by politicians at face value, only the naive do, look deeper.

yep yep. and someone agrees with you.. The Nation, Opinion: Watana pleases PM by shaping the media agenda :o

They have a crafty little PR department over there.. Notice how all the weird controversial issues always seem to pop up around the same time as the serious controversial issues? :D (eg. proposed Liverpool buy?)

My Thai wife would be horrified at this - as I'm sure you know, the Thais consider the feet as the lowest part of the human in all senses of the word, so asking a woman to bow to ones feet implies that you think they are lower than your feet - incredibly insulting to anyone required to do this.

It may have been practised hundreds of years ago, but I wouldn't want to leave any sharp objects lying around when I went to sleep if I told my wife she had to bow to my feet.....

yep yep. and someone agrees with you.. The Nation, Opinion: Watana pleases PM by shaping the media agenda :o

They have a crafty little PR department over there.. Notice how all the weird controversial issues always seem to pop up around the same time as the serious controversial issues? :D (eg. proposed Liverpool buy?)

Yep, everytime the government is in trouble they get someone to say something controversial or announce some grand plan such as buying liverpool. Thing is you can only cry wolf so many times. The people will realise sooner or later.

As a wise man once said, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time! :D