Baht Bus

nahpets2011

Maybe you mean the Pattaya Beach Buses which started back in 2005, and (as far as I know) don't exist anymore.

Does somebody know, whether this service is still active?

They have (or had) 3 lines - green red and yellow

Following description is copied from ---> http://www.pattayapl...ach-Bus-Map.htm

Green Line:

Big C - South Pattaya Road - Pattaya 2 Road (reverse route = Beach Road) - Dolphin Roundabout - Naklua Road - Soi Potisan - Sukhumvit Road (back to Big C).

Yellow Line:

Big C - Sukhumvit Road - Thepprasit Road - Thappraya Road over the hill - Pattaya 3 Road - North Pattaya Road - Dolphin Roundabout - North Pattaya Road - Sukhumvit Road (back to Big C)

Red Line:

Big C - Sukhumvit Road - Soi Chaiyapruek - Jomtien Beach Road - Dongtan Corner - Thappraya Road over the hill - Pattaya 2 Road (reverse route = Beach Road) - Dolphin Roundabout - Naklua Road - Banglamung Police Station - Sukhumvit Road - Kratinglai intersection (u-turn) - Sukhumvit Road - Soi Chaiyapruek (u-turn) -

Big C

Maybe you mean the Pattaya Beach Buses which started back in 2005, and (as far as I know) don't exist anymore.

Does somebody know, whether this service is still active?

They have (or had) 3 lines - green red and yellow

Following description is copied from ---> http://www.pattayapl...ach-Bus-Map.htm

Green Line:

Big C - South Pattaya Road - Pattaya 2 Road (reverse route = Beach Road) - Dolphin Roundabout - Naklua Road - Soi Potisan - Sukhumvit Road (back to Big C).

Yellow Line:

Big C - Sukhumvit Road - Thepprasit Road - Thappraya Road over the hill - Pattaya 3 Road - North Pattaya Road - Dolphin Roundabout - North Pattaya Road - Sukhumvit Road (back to Big C)

Red Line:

Big C - Sukhumvit Road - Soi Chaiyapruek - Jomtien Beach Road - Dongtan Corner - Thappraya Road over the hill - Pattaya 2 Road (reverse route = Beach Road) - Dolphin Roundabout - Naklua Road - Banglamung Police Station - Sukhumvit Road - Kratinglai intersection (u-turn) - Sukhumvit Road - Soi Chaiyapruek (u-turn) -

Big C

I believe what the OP means is the colour of the number in the window of Baht busses, nothing to do with the bus service. I was introduced around 2004 as per below:

Administration trying to solve traffic and crime problems

The region’s Baht Bus Cooperative announced a color -code scheme for baht buses to try and solve some of the traffic problems. They did not, however, announce when it will come into effect.

Sakchai In-o-Chanon, head of the cooperative said that currently there are 700 baht buses in Pattaya, and most run on 3 main routes. Beach Road is the most popular route, as it is the most lucrative. Beach Road is also where the most traffic problems occur.

In the past, the cooperative agreed to have only 170 buses running on Beach Road, but in reality this was not accomplished.

Following a suggestion from Governor Chadej Insawang, the Baht Bus Cooperative set up a working committee to look into the matter. The committee suggested that the baht buses be divided into 3 groups. 300 baht buses would be marked with red stickers and black numbering, 300 more would be marked with yellow stickers and blue numbering, while 100 baht buses would be marked with green stickers and white numbering. Only the 100 with green stickers would be allowed to ply the Beach Road route. They did not announce what routes the other colors would ply.

The committee also looked into the matter of disciplining the rogue baht bus drivers causing problems, and decided that more severe punishment is needed with a possible result of the driver losing his or her job.

Governor Chadej Insawang has instructed police to pay closer attention to the problem, and suggested the cooperative set up a special department to watch over all 700 baht buses. He also suggested positive reinforcement for good behavior, with perhaps a monthly award to those who conduct good deeds.

The governor also suggested that the committee and police devise a way for people to discreetly report baht bus drivers who cheat, rob or commit crimes against their passengers so that the police may investigate.

The National Police Bureau’s new point cutting scheme was also seen as a tool to curb bad behavior in baht bus drivers. Under the scheme, taxi drivers lose 20 points for chasing down the passengers in the middle of their way, neglecting passengers, dressing inappropriately or parking illegally.

RabC

I sometimes see red Baht busses on Soi Siam CC.

But I always assumed they were Chiang Mai baht buses that took a wrong turn.

Edit: never seen any other colour than blue in Pattaya and white on Sukhumvit for long distance.

Edited by PattayaParent

I think the ones with the white stripe along their side show they do the Pattaya - Jomtien run.

Correct. These baht buses line up at the corner of Pratamnak Road and South Pattaya Road and will only leave when the passengers are packed in like sardines. 10 baht from Pattaya to Jomtien (right along the beach, if necessary).

Correct. These baht buses line up at the corner of Pratamnak Road and South Pattaya Road and will only leave when the passengers are packed in like sardines. 10 baht from Pattaya to Jomtien (right along the beach, if necessary).

Just walk up 2nd Rd about 50 yards to the first corner past the school and flag down any bahtbus to go to Jomtien for 10B. They are mostly empty.

I sometimes see red Baht busses on Soi Siam CC.

But I always assumed they were Chiang Mai baht buses that took a wrong turn.

Edit: never seen any other colour than blue in Pattaya and white on Sukhumvit for long distance.

Yes, and when I asked about the Red Baht bus route, I was told it was an upturned U, running from Jomtien beach road near police-box at Chayapruk, over to Chayapruk 2 on the dark side, and eventually arriving in Naklua, possibly at the fish market. Apparently it is designed to be used for Thai people wishing to shop in the cheaper markets on the Dark side. The service seems to be very intermittent.