Thailand To Import Food, Drinking Water To Ease Shortage

Lite Beer

I understand your argument, but I was in the US Navy aboard an aircraft carrier in the capacity of nuclear propulsion and I can tell you that very little of that 1.5 million liters a day was part of the offered help. Still it defies belief that the help was refused.

I wouldn't expect even close to 1.5 million liters per day to be given, but the thing sat off the coast of Thailand for a long time. It left Singapore on the 15th and it's now the 25th, over a week they could have made a significant amount of water. Given the current shortages any amount is needed

Sure and each carrier has a production line on board to fill 1 million bottles a day. In what universe do you get your ideas. Please share your groindbreaking distribution ideas.

Actually they DO have the ability to produce and package drinking water. In fact the USS Essex did so right here off the coast of Thailand a few years ago when Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar.

0134698050085.jpg

0134697950085.jpg

I understand your argument, but I was in the US Navy aboard an aircraft carrier in the capacity of nuclear propulsion and I can tell you that very little of that 1.5 million liters a day was part of the offered help. Still it defies belief that the help was refused.

I wouldn't expect even close to 1.5 million liters per day to be given, but the thing sat off the coast of Thailand for a long time. It left Singapore on the 15th and it's now the 25th, over a week they could have made a significant amount of water. Given the current shortages any amount is needed

Sure and each carrier has a production line on board to fill 1 million bottles a day. In what universe do you get your ideas. Please share your groindbreaking distribution ideas.

jeez. you do not need to fill bottles. You need to fill bowsers and water trucks to take the water to the areas.. It not difficult. The Carrier would have hoses.

BUT the carrier actually needs to be here ...which it isn't.

shure and in the villages you hand out straws and they can have a sip from the truck.

Actually they DO have the ability to produce and package drinking water. In fact the USS Essex did so right here off the coast of Thailand a few years ago when Cyclone Nargis hit Myanmar.

0134698050085.jpg

0134697950085.jpg

Yes they do but it's lightyears away from the 1.5 million liters that are thrown into discussion here.

Have you any idea what machine you need to bottle 70000 liter an hour? You need to distribute in safe containers. The put 10000 liter in a truck solution does not work on a flooded envitonment.

shunima.

really....why? The Army and other organizations use water bowser's all the time.

It might be light years away fro 1.5 million but it's still a lot more water than is available now.

Oh and as for your straw remark.... pretty much every household in Thailand will have spare empty water or coke bottles ..knobhead

Edited by thaicbr

Am I being particularly dense here (not an unknown accusation), but having read the original post carefully several times I can see nothing that suggest corruption. what I see is a report about moves to secure the provision of food and water supplies, followed by an immediate and unsubstantiated allegation of graft. Numerous others then queue to jump on the bandwagon.

Reading these forums these last few days I am irresistibly reminded of a scene from the Abrahams/Zucker movie spoof "Airplane". You may recall the scene. a passenger on the doomed aircraft becomes hysterical. Someone slaps her to get her under control, an increasingly bizarre collection of individuals, wielding various weapons and implements then form a queue to have their go at slapping the unfortunate sufferer! ;)

"Surely you're not serious".

"I am, and don't call me Shirley". :lol:

Yes they do but it's lightyears away from the 1.5 million liters that are thrown into discussion here.

Have you any idea what machine you need to bottle 70000 liter an hour? You need to distribute in safe containers. The put 10000 liter in a truck solution does not work on a flooded envitonment.

works fine .... people bring their empty bottles and fill them up.

shunima.

really....why? The Army and other organizations use water bowser's all the time.

It might be light years away fro 1.5 million but it's still a lot more water than is available now.

Oh and as for your straw remark.... pretty much every household in Thailand will have spare empty water or coke bottles ..knobhead

Where is my facebook "Like" button here.

I love how everyone on TV just loves to point out slight inaccuracies of other people's posts. Even going as far as requesting citations and "proof". Like the guy earlier that said the factories are working overtime, was called as to his proof and his comments were that he "saw the people going to work at the factory" or something like that. Classic!

The point is not whether they'd get 1.5M bottles of water, or 8192 donkeys worth, the fact is that this silly PIC refused any assistance and now is importing the same thing that was refused.

I walked across the street to the 7-11 here on Thong Lor soi 10 earlier today and they had no water for sale. People been stocking up.. Yeah likely. I'm sure the folks in the countryside have been as well. A shortage.. Heck ya there is, especially when the taps are spewing brown "water" as reported by TAN today.

Thanks for the giggle though thaicbr!

Not really sure what ya giggling at but hey if it makes ya happy.. Oh by the way the factory post was mine as well.. so i managed to give ya 2 giggles.. I'm nice like that.

One of the reasons that your 7/11 store is out of water is because they have nationwide contract with Singha which is Pathumthani and underwater. If you go to a MOM and POP store they have probably sourced water from one of the many other water factories dotted around Bangkok and the rest of Thailand.

I think they should import food and water from the Lotus hypermarts in China. If they have the capacity to serve 300 million people a year there, then surely they can allocate a bit to send 'home.' CP gets the cash, it's a Thai-Thai deal. Win win!

:)

shunima.

Where is my facebook "Like" button here.

I love how everyone on TV just loves to point out slight inaccuracies of other people's posts. Even going as far as requesting citations and "proof". Like the guy earlier that said the factories are working overtime, was called as to his proof and his comments were that he "saw the people going to work at the factory" or something like that. Classic!

The point is not whether they'd get 1.5M bottles of water, or 8192 donkeys worth, the fact is that this silly PIC refused any assistance and now is importing the same thing that was refused.

I walked across the street to the 7-11 here on Thong Lor soi 10 earlier today and they had no water for sale. People been stocking up.. Yeah likely. I'm sure the folks in the countryside have been as well. A shortage.. Heck ya there is, especially when the taps are spewing brown "water" as reported by TAN today.

Thanks for the giggle though thaicbr!

Do you have some sauce to go with the brown water?

Actually I've been buying fizzy brown water from 7/11, it's all I can get and they never seems to run out of it. If only there was a way to stop putting the brown fizzy stuff into the water we would have water.

The opportunity for economic mischief and corruption is so rife here! Well, at least this explains why somebody didn't want the free water from the US aircraft carrier interferring with their business deal.

That's a disgusting comment, obviously they are buying food and water because people have a really urgent need for it. If you are accusing government officials of corruption such as embesseling money intended for urgently needed drinking water you should at least have one substantial fact to back it up with, otherwise zip it.

Welcome to Miracle Thailand :whistling:

Very good move. I already see bottled water from France in Tesco Lotus at the same prices of Thai water.

Yeah Right! - But the price for the bottled French water is for only one bottle, where the price for Thai water is for a six-pack!