High Season Prices For Thai Residents In Chiang Mai

Thailand

Played Inthanon today. 800+250.....hmmm so I asked how long the special price is for and was told that the special is for Golf Festival and they have the special rate until end of October. You might to confirm before heading down there.

As posted on the website. Gold Canyon 800baht inclusive, so looks like the 2 of the best courses are the 2 best prices.

Lake City 1050 clap2.gif

Not sure what highlands have done wrong. I rang them today and am playing there tomorrow. Green fee is 1000 baht, which seemed okay enough to me, considering what a top course it is.

They wanted to know on the phone that my golfing partners were chiang mai residents, again no big problem there.

Which courses are in the 'festival', and what is this 'festival'? I thought that each low season each course simply had its own prices these days. Do we get 'festivals' any more?

I agree that santiburi in c rai is an outstanding course, and when playing there it makes one so happy to be a golfer!

I think the same about highlands, which in fact is my favourite course of anywhere i've played the game. But we only get to play it in the low season. Had our first round there yesterday since last october, and it remains exactly as it was: a golfing paradise and heaven. Fantastic. By adding up green fee and caddy fee and caddy tip, it's about 1500 baht for residents of chiang mai (green fee 1000 baht). They even offered a complimentary five minute head and shoulder massage which really hit the spot.

I reckon it must be virtually impossible to get this kind of golfing experience anywhere in the world for this kind of money. And this is no festival price or anything like that, simply their price now that the high season is over. Any golfer boycotting this place has clearly been turned insane from playing the game too much! Unbeatable.

Currently updating ChiangMaiGolfCourses .com relating to the golf festival for 2012

Both Highland and Royal Chiang Mai have confirmed they will NOT be taking part.

Those that are taking part will be updated as info is received,lets make sure those that are taking part get our custom.

Currently, Inthanon & Gold Canyon are currently as good or better that the festival prices in May/June.

Alpine & Green Valley have confirmed they are taking part in the 2012 festival.

Any updates please post here or on the blog.

Those that are taking part will be updated as info is received,lets make sure those that are taking part get our custom.

Currently, Inthanon & Gold Canyon are currently as good or better that the festival prices in May/June.

What are the prices for inthanon and gold canyon now?

Will the golf courses in the festival be cheaper than 1000 baht green fee? Because that's what the highlands are charging now, and it's the same price regardless of weekday, weekend, holiday.

If the festival price is say 800 baht, then i'd much rather pay 1000 baht at the highlands than say gold canyon or inthanon. In any case with extra petrol costs this is a factor to be considered by golfers looking for lower costs for their round of golf. And, purely for the golfing experience, paying 1000 baht for the highlands is far preferable to paying 800 baht at green valley.

Whatever the festival prices are, i think 1000 baht for playing at highlands is an outstanding deal. And they have not waited for any festival to occur before reducing their prices. Will the festival even be taking place?

I see that green valley are charging 1250 baht green fee for the low season, more expensive than highlands. However they will charge 800 baht in may and june which they refer to as the festival. So it looks like those taking part in this festival will be charging 800 baht, and only for two months.

GV do of course offer good value for their night golf at 650 baht green fee.

What are the prices for inthanon and gold canyon now?

Will the golf courses in the festival be cheaper than 1000 baht green fee? Because that's what the highlands are charging now, and it's the same price regardless of weekday, weekend, holiday.

If the festival price is say 800 baht, then i'd much rather pay 1000 baht at the highlands than say gold canyon or inthanon. In any case with extra petrol costs this is a factor to be considered by golfers looking for lower costs for their round of golf. And, purely for the golfing experience, paying 1000 baht for the highlands is far preferable to paying 800 baht at green valley.

Whatever the festival prices are, i think 1000 baht for playing at highlands is an outstanding deal. And they have not waited for any festival to occur before reducing their prices. Will the festival even be taking place?

ChiangMaiGolfCourses .com

• 2 weeks later...

The announcement has been made, List of courses down at the bottom

http://www.chiangmai...f-festival-2012

1. อัลไพน์กอล์ฟรีสอร์ท - เชียงใหม่ - Alpine Golf Resort – Chiangmai Tel : 0-5388-0888

www.alpinegolfresort.com

2. อินทนนท์ กอล์ฟ แอนด์ เนเชอรัล รีสอร์ท - Chiang Mai Inthanon Golf and Natural Resort

Tel : 0-5326-7115-6 www.chiangmaiinthanongolfresort.com

3. สนามกอล์ฟโกลด์แคนย่อนคันทรีคลับ - Gold Canyon Country Club Tel : 053-560-333

4. สนามกอล์ฟลานนา เชียงใหม่ - Chiang Mai Lanna Tel : 0-5321-1911

5. สนามกอล์ฟกัซซันขุนตาล - Gassan Khuntan Golf Club & Resort Tel : 0-5350-7006-9 www.gassangolf.com

6. สนามสตาร์โดมกอล์ฟคลับ - Star Dome Golf Club Tel : 0-5399-9666 www.stardomegolfclub.com

7. สนามแม่โจ้กอล์ฟคลับ แอนด์ รีสอร์ท - Mae Jo Golf Club & Resort Tel : 0-5335-4431-2

www.maejogolfclub.com

8. สนามซัมมิทกรีนวัลเล่ย์เชียงใหม่ - Summit Green Valley Chiang Mai Tel : 0-5329-8220-3

www.summitgreenvalley.com

9. สนามกัซซัน มารีน่า กอล์ฟคลับ - Gassan Marina Golf Club Tel : 0-5326-6700-1 www.gassangolf.com

Crazy times, the opportunity to pay more than high season prices at the likes of Stardome & Lanna.

And, Gassan Marina,anybody played there in the last few years?Excuse my cynicism but I guess that's their way of trying to get people to play at Lake City at the 800+ price?

Great deals for the major courses.Sad to see Highland opted out,good but not that good.

I will be supporting and recommending those that really offer the deal.

Tournaments I have confirmed so far: Alpine -June 30, Inthanon-June 2

Have you played in them in the past?

Are they in any way fair? Last tournament I did not play in I saw it was won by a 24 handicap Thai with a nett 55!

Indeed they are fair as they are scored using System 36. So unless the whole group cheats, it's as fair as it can get. System 36- everyone starts with 36 'strokes' and each par or better is worth 2 and bogies are 1. Deduct the total from 36 to get your handicap for the day. Ties will go to the lower handicap. I won 2 trophies last year by playing some good golf.

Indeed they are fair as they are scored using System 36. So unless the whole group cheats, it's as fair as it can get. System 36- everyone starts with 36 'strokes' and each par or better is worth 2 and bogies are 1. Deduct the total from 36 to get your handicap for the day. Ties will go to the lower handicap. I won 2 trophies last year by playing some good golf.

Well done, trouble with me is I play too much bad golf!

Well done, trouble with me is I play too much bad golf!

I was always told, and my understanding is that your handicap was based on three random holes, and then they compared those scores to another three random holes. Making it less skilled based than what you described, but let's everyone have a chance to win.