Flood-Related Diseases

webfact

Tomorrow I will have to wade through the water again. I will grease it up with some medicated cream. The wound is closed up, but the prolonged time it takes to wade over a kilometer in deep water, I will then clean the wound when I get out of the water. It's good today and hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I will have to wade through the water again. I will grease it up with some medicated cream. The wound is closed up, but the prolonged time it takes to wade over a kilometer in deep water, I will then clean the wound when I get out of the water. It's good today and hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

Scott the best to you. I got pretty scared when i found out my tetanus injections had just expired. It scared me enough to to go the hospital through all the water the next day to get some shots. Its not fun worrying about what you can get.

I was hurt on a Saturday and now the stitches are out. There were only 4 stitches and i let the wife remove them as i thought that the risk of removing them and then going through the bad water was worse as her removing the stitches. There was no blood when then came off and after half a day of healing i felt confident i could make it to the 711 to get some water.

I am now no longer scared as i think its a long enough period for a wound to heal. I do have small wounds all over my body. Seems normal for me to damage myself by accident.

But with you with a deep would and still fresh i would take care.

Scott the best to you. I got pretty scared when i found out my tetanus injections had just expired. It scared me enough to to go the hospital through all the water the next day to get some shots. Its not fun worrying about what you can get.

I was hurt on a Saturday and now the stitches are out. There were only 4 stitches and i let the wife remove them as i thought that the risk of removing them and then going through the bad water was worse as her removing the stitches. There was no blood when then came off and after half a day of healing i felt confident i could make it to the 711 to get some water.

I am now no longer scared as i think its a long enough period for a wound to heal. I do have small wounds all over my body. Seems normal for me to damage myself by accident.

Good luck, but remember, even the SLITEST cut or wound IS a big gate for all kinds of virus, bakteria and microorganisms to enter your body. Treat every little cut BEFORE AND AFTER entering the water. There are spray on plasters in pharmacies too, wich seal the wound with a kind of plasticfilm.

Edited by BinDhumm

Good luck, but remember, even the SLITEST cut or wound IS a big gate for all kinds of virus, bakteria and microorganisms to enter your body. Treat every little cut BEFORE AND AFTER entering the water. There are spray on plasters in pharmacies too, wich seal the wound with a kind of plasticfilm.

I don't have many options. Anyway that cut has healed Got some other smaller ones but i worry less about them. The wound healed without infection. Might be the antibiotics might be that i stayed out of water for 7 days.

If you live in a flooded area you can never stay completely dry.

I know this is "Flood- related Diseases" and maybe we are all thinking out breaks of large scale could occur.But i did notice they were publishing "DEATH" figures updated every other day or 3rd day. Well my last update was 511 Dead down to "flood re-lated" that was over 10 days ago. Have i not been notified through to my email any recent figures,have i missed any figures? Or are they keeping things QUIET??blink.gif

Flood-Related Diseases

Flood-Related Diseases

I know this is "Flood- related Diseases" and maybe we are all thinking out breaks of large scale could occur.But i did notice they were publishing "DEATH" figures updated every other day or 3rd day. Well my last update was 511 Dead down to "flood re-lated" that was over 10 days ago. Have i not been notified through to my email any recent figures,have i missed any figures? Or are they keeping things QUIET??blink.gif

Flood-Related Diseases

Flood-Related Diseases

OK my question just got answered,

Just seen the recent figures of 600 published by LS's statement on "Central Bangkok WILL Be Saved" that's almost 90 more than i last saw get posted .

Is "90" good? or bad? figures for almost 2 weeks?

Obviously any number is not Good.....But any suggestions RIP to the 600jap.gif

Flood-Related Diseases

Flood-Related Diseases

OK my question just got answered,

Just seen the recent figures of 600 published by LS's statement on "Central Bangkok WILL Be Saved" that's almost 90 more than i last saw get posted .

Is "90" good? or bad? figures for almost 2 weeks?

Obviously any number is not Good.....But any suggestions RIP to the 600jap.gif

The big question is: how does it define....floodrelated death? The last numbers I have heard was 700 000 ill due to the flood situation. How many of these are siriusly ill? What do they have? NO ANSWERS, No information, no discussion. Thats enough for me. Were are the headlines for this? No,no...i is massivly swept under the carpet, ignored and played down. There were, as far as I know, no new numbers for more than 10 days.

Edited by BinDhumm