Thai PM Yingluck Denies She Is Shedding Tears

webfact

The country is in face of its highest disasters for decades and the first point some are asking is: "Are you crying?"

I can't believe such a lack of thought.

When you are in front of fire, you need to focus on important matters and it's important to see only one head. I suggest journalist from people magazine to go out of the game for a few weeks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was tears of compassion for the Thais who have lost so much then that can't be such a bad thing but if it tears because she fears for herself and her position then what can you say .....................

To be fair I think she would be quite relieved to just walk away. Though it is not unreasonable to question her ability and inexperience in handling things she deserves some credit for putting her self front and centre in this crisis and doesn't seem to by shying away from her responsibilities unlike some of the other more experienced senior politicians from both parties who seem to have vanished.

The amount of petty hatred expressed in these threads is going to come back to roost.

The PM has done well under the circumstances and all that Nationmultimedia can do is belittle her for the amusement of the TVF misogynists.

Please tell me what she has done well.

Bangkok is waist high in water and she has refused to even declare an emergency because big brother has told her not to scare the tourists.

I agree, Abhisit should have stayed in the first place. Abhisit and his former administration should have had a plan for this.

Yingluck is just trying her best to clean up his mess.

Too bad the flood didn't flush that turd (Abhisit) and the rest of the PADI shit out to sea like a giant toilet..

Really? So she is cleaning up the mess the Dems made in 2 and a bit years? Why didn't her BROTHER fix all this in all the time he and his proxies were in power?

It always amazes me when people like you just spout off nonsense that makes no sense has no basis in reality yet you clearly believe it to be true, so very sad for you.

The amount of petty hatred expressed in these threads is going to come back to roost.

The PM has done well under the circumstances and all that Nationmultimedia can do is belittle her for the amusement of the TVF misogynists.

What has she done? Seriously she has done nothing... I am as far from being a misogynist as humanly possible, are you sure you are even aware of what that word means?

Take off the blinders.. nobody in their right mind is saying she or anybody else could have done anything to stop what is happening, but she is doing a horrible job of both managing what is going on and even worse providing accurate worthwhile timely updates via the various channels available to her...

I agree, Abhisit should have stayed in the first place. Abhisit and his former administration should have had a plan for this.

Too bad the flood didn't flush that turd (Abhisit) and the rest of the PADI shit out to sea like a giant toilet..

I'm surprised Yingluck isn't using a plan devised by her brother. He was in power for 6 years (including PPP), surely he must have one.

10.50 PM Yingluck calls for sympathy for not being able to protect against the nature of water http://fb.me/1kCqEtLyA/@NationChannel24 #thaifloodeng

Yes and what about the people who have lost their all and have nothing left to live for nor the money to start again Yingluck due to your (brothers) puppet governments inaction.

How insensitive you are, I suppose having a fortune at your manicured fingertips does indeed lessen the impact on you unlike the ordinary man and woman in the floods.

You must be proud of yourself.

I'm surprised Yingluck isn't using a plan devised by her brother. He was in power for 6 years (including PPP), surely he must have one.

She is!

Its those Korean pumps to the rescue (She thinks Thai pumps are not up to the job, obviously)

10.50 PM Yingluck calls for sympathy for not being able to protect against the nature of water http://fb.me/1kCqEtLyA/@NationChannel24 #thaifloodeng

Yes and what about the people who have lost their all and have nothing left to live for nor the money to start again Yingluck due to your (brothers) puppet governments inaction.

How insensitive you are, I suppose having a fortune at your manicured fingertips does indeed lessen the impact on you unlike the ordinary man and woman in the floods.

You must be proud of yourself.

This isn't Yingluck specific, though I do find her comment callous. Rather I'd just like to make a comment about politicians versus professionals in general.

In my career I've lost count of the times I've had to command ships through hurricanes, trying to protect men and property against "the nature of wind and water". If I failed even one time people would be dead, property would be lost, or at best my career would be finished. It disgusts me how politicians never seem to be held to account for their incompetence when they have taken oathes swearing to protect people from harm. More often than not they find a way to profit from their incompetence.

Yingluck comes across as someone totally out of her depth, being given conflicting advise, and manipulted in all directions. She doesn't have the political experience, guile, or presence (yet?) of a Thatcher, Gillard or Merkel. If she does have some of their traits, she'll be sacking and re-shuffling a few around her soon! Pressure, confusion and wrangling with an apparently unsolvebale problem often result in tears when being questioned due to stress and frustration being let out as part of the bodies defense mechanisms.

Too many agendas, lack of strong leadership and as usual its the poeple who suffer. Turning down international help is the biggest mistake so far.

Yingluck comes across as someone totally out of her depth, being given conflicting advise, and manipulted in all directions. She doesn't have the political experience, guile, or presence (yet?) of a Thatcher, Gillard or Merkel. If she does have some of their traits, she'll be sacking and re-shuffling a few around her soon! Pressure, confusion and wrangling with an apparently unsolvebale problem often result in tears when being questioned due to stress and frustration being let out as part of the bodies defense mechanisms.

Too many agendas, lack of strong leadership and as usual its the poeple who suffer. Turning down international help is the biggest mistake so far.

Actually, I don't blame her for not knowing how to lead or solve problems. What i blame her for is knowing that she doesn't know how to lead or solve problems and still allowing herself to be placed in a position of authority that not knowing those things costs people their lives. To me that is unforgivable.

People need to be realistic, I can not believe all of the silly comments blaming the PM for the flood, I suppose she should part the waters with magic. No matter what this poor woman does she is criticised. Try criticising the stores like Big C and Rim Ping that were taking their paper products off of shelves yesterday and repacking them in boxes to sell at a higher price later, they are part of the problem. The capitalists and "the elite" are the ones screwing us all not Yingluck. For hating her so much people sure do give her a lot of credit and power for causing this mess. Ask yourself why the military was cloud seeding here in the north just before the floods? Ask yourself is this a reason to throw her out of office? The real answer is no but it will do.

Ashoka,

And don't forget the dams!!! BTW - for the hundredth time, why are they STILL RELEASING WATER!!!!???? I mean how high up.... Oh... I'll stop there about things we can not speak about. Once again, maybe demi-god Mark can unleash some of that record-breaking 1.4 trillion baht (2010 - 2011) budget money wherever it has been deposited and get heaps of quick assistance... He must know someone to be waiting at the phone for a call from "his boss" the PM and proffer his wisdom... Guess he got bored and had to go on holiday. PURE DISDAIN FROM THAT PERSON!!! You English TV members must be very embarrassed with the likes of your fellow countryman an Oxford lad no less!!!!

Maybe she has an allergy ;) maybe she is allergic to all the BS she is having to listen to lol

I imagine she is quite intelligent and is listening to moronic suggestions all day long by other allegedly intelligent people who also have university degrees.

You have a very strong imagination... intelligence is something she has never been aquainted with..! Why do you think she will not go on TV on a head to head with Mr Abhisit... every other country in the world gets to see party leaders in a head to head, its real proof of who is right and who is not.... she has refused every attempt to bring the two of them together in a telivised debate..! Chicken or what..?

Thailand should just give control of the country to the Americans and British until this mess is over as it is obvious they are too incompetent to be effective.

I'd think the Thai's would prefer the Japanese to be in charge.

"The government has been trying to fight against nature, the force of water, strengthening embankments and facing protesters. I ask the people to understand, because I don't want to have to use the law to control the masses,'' she said.

Yingluck, it's the poor and suffering people who would like to understand the incompetency of this government. This is very difficult because it is becoming very obvious! How can you take responsibility of such poor water management in not coordinating water releases from the dams in the North (which are the main causes of the deluge) and the springtides in the sea? And then open the sluice gates to flood Bangkok as a measure to buffer up the Chao Phraya waters? Or did you really believe that there would be enough discharge capacity through the small khlongs crossing the city center (which are of course all overtopping now) to alleviate the huge masses of water coming from the dams? What will be the next blunder from this Government? Brake open the Bangna-Trat road??? How long will it take to impose a rationing of the essential articles in the shopping malls, such as bottled water, rice, noodles, eggs, and not to forget beer? The rich and social Thais are really helping the poor Thais by buying in solidarity everything for them in the shopping malls... the poor can return the money later to the rich. Really "red shirt style"...

Thailand should just give control of the country to the Americans and British until this mess is over as it is obvious they are too incompetent to be effective.

I'd think the Thai's would prefer the Japanese to be in charge.

and the Chinese????

Come on... Is that really what you believe? Can incompetency be disguised so well?

Its OK for a leader to become a little emotional during a crisis,it shows her compassion towards her people. Perhaps Mr (No personality)Abhisit should take notice while sipping on his pina colada in the Maldives.

In another topic it says

"When asked if she had been crying often since the floods hit crisis level, Yingluck insisted she had never become emotional."

BTW cut the BS on Abhisit holidaying on the Maldives. He's back since the 23rd.

Your first point is bs because she said Mai long loey, which means not cry. Show me where in the video shes says she wasn't emotional!

Secondly the fact that Abhisit went

to the Maldives at all shows a disregard for his own people.

Yes, sure, the opposition leader must be here and help, but Chalerm and the interior minister are not to be seen or heard in the last few weeks. I mean, a huge flood disaster is really no reason for the interior minister to be around? :rolleyes:

Its OK for a leader to become a little emotional during a crisis,it shows her compassion towards her people. Perhaps Mr (No personality)Abhisit should take notice while sipping on his pina colada in the Maldives.

;):DB):thumbsup::cheesy:

Actually Abhisit had his share of tears, I saw a tv interview when he was talking about the lawless red yobos smashing up the country he had tears in his eyes.

Why should he be here he is not the PM the people rejected him? if I was him I would not change my holiday plans.

Maybe she has an allergy ;) maybe she is allergic to all the BS she is having to listen to lol

I imagine she is quite intelligent and is listening to moronic suggestions all day long by other allegedly intelligent people who also have university degrees.

I agree with you Shadiadi. People need to give the women a break (and no, I'm not a red shirt). I think she's far more intelligent then some of the posters on TV with their sarcastic comments about things they know little about.

Amazing how she suddenly knows all the right things to say and all the PR issues to address and all the bullet points to cover.

The SPIN has begun and the PR push is in full swing.

This press conference was about as random, unplanned and unrehearsed as the flooding.

FORM over FUNCTION once again.

And so much for the assertion of one TVF that the PM was crying out of "compassion for the people".

Glad she cleared that up for us because I heard she had allowed her brother's house on Charansanitwong to flood and had caught hell for it and THAT was why she was crying.

And glad to see she FINALLY understood the message from the King that people come first.

And really glad she finally got the point that a PM is supposed to lead.

But how the newspaper could say she IS leading the effort to manage the flooding is a really mystery.

She only has the title of leader.

And OBVIOUSLY she has someone posing as a member of TVF and reading these posts so let me map it out for you ...

USE PEOPLE WITH BRAINS TO MANAGE THE FLOODS

STOP BEING THE PUPPET OF YOUR BROTHER

USE THE FULL POWER OF THE ARMY TO HELP ALL OF US IN THIS CRISIS

PUT THE BANGKOK GOVERNOR BACK IN THE DRIVING SEAT

INITIATE A NO CONFIDENCE MOTION AGAINST YOURSELF AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY AND TELL YOUR CRONIES TO ALL SUPPORT IT.

AND FINALLY, DO THE ONLY HONORABLE THING LEFT FOR YOU AND YOUR GANG OF THUGS -- FALL ON YOUR SWORDS.

Never-before-flooded-in-history Sanam Luang would be a good venue.

But because exploiting the situation for personal gain is the name of the game, I know you and your cronies will never change.

The leopard cannot change it's spots.

But a good Hollywood makeup artists can!

So I'm not surprised you have hired some professional help in this department.

Edited by plumeria

Amazing how she suddenly knows all the right things to say and all the PR issues to address and all the bullet points to cover.

The SPIN has begun and the PR push is in full swing.

This press conference was about as random, unplanned and unrehearsed as the flooding.

FORM over FUNCTION once again.

And so much for the assertion of one TVF that the PM was crying out of "compassion for the people".

Glad she cleared that up for us because I heard she had allowed her brother's house on Charansanitwong to flood and had caught hell for it and THAT was why she was crying.

And glad to see she FINALLY understood the message from the King that people come first.

And really glad she finally got the point that a PM is supposed to lead.

But how the newspaper could say she IS leading the effort to manage the flooding is a really mystery.

She only has the title of leader.

And OBVIOUSLY she has someone posing as a member of TVF and reading these posts so let me map it out for you ...

USE PEOPLE WITH BRAINS TO MANAGE THE FLOODS

STOP BEING THE PUPPET OF YOUR BROTHER

USE THE FULL POWER OF THE ARMY TO HELP ALL OF US IN THIS CRISIS

PUT THE BANGKOK GOVERNOR BACK IN THE DRIVING SEAT

INITIATE A NO CONFIDENCE MOTION AGAINST YOURSELF AT THE EARLIEST OPPORTUNITY AND TELL YOUR CRONIES TO ALL SUPPORT IT.

AND FINALLY, DO THE ONLY HONORABLE THING LEFT FOR YOU AND YOUR GANG OF THUGS -- FALL ON YOUR SWORDS.

Never-before-flooded-in-history Sanam Luang would be a good venue.

But because exploiting the situation for personal gain is the name of the game, I know you and your cronies will never change.

The leopard cannot change it's spots.

But a good Hollywood makeup artists can!

So I'm not surprised you have hired some professional help in this department.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif