Pheu Thai And Red Shirts Do Nothing To Help Their Own

webfact

I notice the red shirts aren't trying to justify the favoritism shown, rather they are trying to deny it.

Of course this can only mean that they themselves feel as though such actions are despicable and cannot be defended.

So why then are they vehemently defending some of the more verbal claims of what is going on, and then apparently ignoring issues such as boats that are clearly labelled for red shirts only. it's such a blatantly selective train of thought that even some of those red shirts themselves must have doubts about the ethics behind what is happening.

Could you or someone else please post a picture of where it says (presumably in Thai) that the boats are for 'Red Shirts only'.

I saw one image of a boat which had a white sign with ineligible (out of focus) lettering which the accompanying text put there by the poster stated that it said 'for Red Shirts only', but I haven't actually seen any Thai script saying this as yet. It could be plausible that signs might say 'for a red shirt community' or 'for red shirts' (ie for them to do with as they will), but that is far away from saying 'no-one else should use them', and it is this 'only' suffix that I'd like to see in Thai script before I believe what at first sight appears to be more anti-gov/red hysteria.

Right here, one the second page for everybody to see clearly.

Are you going to deny something that everybody else can see?

Are you going to deny something that you yourself can see?

Forgot to add the link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/508059-pheu-thai-mp-natthawut-denies-allegations-over-red-shirt-flood-relief-control/page__st__25

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cut/// Also, there are some posters whose political fervor is so great, they post here just to 'recruit' people to think like them and don't limit their political activism just to this site, but have facebook pages etc etc used to promote the same political viewpoints.

Each to their own, though, eh?

Wow! That's seriously weird. And a little bit sinister.

yes! It's called Red Shirt evangelism :ph34r:

And so what if Thaksin puts his name on the goods that he donates? I've seen tons of aid distributed with no logo or any slogan on it. If he donates it, he can do whatever he wants with it. Even the United States puts "donated by the United States Government" on food packs. Get a life, Sherlock.

That isn't packages that he donated.

Get a clue Sherlock as to what people complain about.

Since only 1 truck has been photographed showing Thaksin's name, and hundreds of trucks are driving through Bangkok with aid packages without anything on them, I think it's safe to say that he has indeed donated these items.

It's NOT one truck!

Please don't post distortions that are very easy to refuse by following the news-flow. Btw, there is also video-clips of a truck with banners being loaded by relief-bags from the center, posted in another thread here.

Clearly those bags wasn't donated by Thaksin or PT.

Edited by TAWP

And so what if Thaksin puts his name on the goods that he donates? I've seen tons of aid distributed with no logo or any slogan on it. If he donates it, he can do whatever he wants with it. Even the United States puts "donated by the United States Government" on food packs. Get a life, Sherlock.

The truck was being loaded at Don Mueang which is where the public donations are stored.

Please WB, don't let facts get in the way of propaganda B)

Where the public donations are stored MrF, same place some of his cronies are stored. Get it?

many people who help and volunteer deserve a "medal of honor", each of them.

for many politicians it looks quite different.

Was thinking to make a poll for them, instead of stars they can earn 0 - 5 cockroaches per vote and 24 hour interval. wink.gif

Could you or someone else please post a picture of where it says (presumably in Thai) that the boats are for 'Red Shirts only'.

I saw one image of a boat which had a white sign with ineligible (out of focus) lettering which the accompanying text put there by the poster stated that it said 'for Red Shirts only', but I haven't actually seen any Thai script saying this as yet. It could be plausible that signs might say 'for a red shirt community' or 'for red shirts' (ie for them to do with as they will), but that is far away from saying 'no-one else should use them', and it is this 'only' suffix that I'd like to see in Thai script before I believe what at first sight appears to be more anti-gov/red hysteria.

Right here, one the second page for everybody to see clearly.

Are you going to deny something that everybody else can see?

Are you going to deny something that you yourself can see?

I can read Thai fairly well, but maybe I missed it. Could you tell me which Thai words on that page say 'for red Shirts only'?

Otherwise, if you can't read Thai:

Are you going to believe something you cannot reasonably verify or conclude by yourself?

Are you going to believe something that is propagated by people well known to have a prejudiced view?

Cheers :jap:

My wife translated for me, she can read Thai perfectly well thanks.

She confirmed what others have said, that it categorically states that the boat is to be used only by red shirts. It is not open to interpretation, it is a plain and simple message.. Not a single other person on any board or elsewhere has tried to deny the meaning of the message, and if you even try to go down the "can i trust my wife" route you will make yourself look rather foolish

Now, I have spent too long on internet discussions to get involved in arguments with people that deny what is right before them. It's just interesting to see that people will not waver in their beliefs in the slightest depending solely on which side of the coin is being discussed.

Such partisanship even in the face of such appalling actions is something that makes politics a big bunch if ballbags. You can say what you want on here, it really doesn't matter. But quite why you don't question your partisanship is beyond me.

No need to bring the nature of your relationship with you wife into this. I just wanted to see some Thai script that says 'this is for Red Shirts only'. I have seen Thai script on the page you refer to, but couldn't find any that said 'for Red Shirts only'. Not wanting to overlook the possibility of having missed something, I asked you to produce said script. If you had, I would agree that it is contemptible. Sorry for asking for evidence.

Maybe not asking for evidence would make be a better poster in your eyes.

No need to bring the nature of your relationship with you wife into this. I just wanted to see some Thai script that says 'this is for Red Shirts only'. I have seen Thai script on the page you refer to, but couldn't find any that said 'for Red Shirts only'. Not wanting to overlook the possibility of having missed something, I asked you to produce said script. If you had, I would agree that it is contemptible. Sorry for asking for evidence.

Why would you ask for evidence and then completely ignore the link I posted?

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

It's the thin white sticker towards the front of the boat.

hanuman1, seen it now?

Just so you know, I had the text verified by a pro-Red Shirt person, to remove any chance of my own or initial referrers bias painting the meaning in an incorrect light.

The meaning was crystal clear.

Edited to add:

A helpful poster reposted one of the pictures now too. So everyone can see for themselves:

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

Edited by TAWP

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

Thank you. That's what I was after. It is idiotic and clearly divisive. Thanks again.

Since only 1 truck has been photographed showing Thaksin's name, and hundreds of trucks are driving through Bangkok with aid packages without anything on them, I think it's safe to say that he has indeed donated these items.

If he wants to put his name on his donations, that's his choice. He can do that. He paid for them.

So before this gets any more ridiculous, please drop it.

But of course, the conspiracy theorists here will always find something new.

If he had indeed donated whatever, he would have made sure everybody knew about it...

Thaksin donated the stickers (LOL)

in case you have difficulty, i've had it independently verified by a member of my staff that this reads (his translation) "For the people of Red Shirts" - he might have struggled to find the right structure in English, but i think the meaning is pretty much obvious :)

Hi Nick, I have the same observation on the ground here in Pathum Thani as you do, although more limited as I have not gone too far from our flooded house. Everyone here is pitching in to help, good spirits, I don't see any of the kind of thing that certifiable nutcase Thanong writes about.

I am afraid your plea will fall on deaf ears here. For reasons I cannot fathom TVF is a farang yellow shirt redoubt, slightly to the right of Attila the Hun politically. I know you are busy, but when you have time I would like to hear your theories of just why that is so? I know a few Thai red shirts opponents who would be ashamed by some of the crap washing up here. A lot of it is from people who could not understand directions in Thai to their corner 7/11, but somehow they are past masters of Thai current events. Mind boggling.

Thaksin's apologists trying to get their act together. When they are saying let's drop the politics it is because they are trying to push away the spotlight from the response of this hopeless government (directed by Thaksin) whose main contribution has been to refuse declaring a SOE (can't be seen reliant on the army), refusing support from the USA (Thaksin still upset that the US released phone-taps showing his direction of the red actions in 2010) and having little to say except ministers declaring 'the worst is over', lets push some synchronised boats up the CP River and the PMs tears of oh woe is me. Keep it up chaps.

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

Thank you. That's what I was after. It is idiotic and clearly divisive. Thanks again.

Good on you hanuman

Many others would continue to deny it even when it is as plain as day.

Charlem is certainly not a puppet. Taksin and Charlem have fallen out before. The danger always with Taksin is that he dumps people once they have served their usefullness; certainly those who would threaten him. I am sure Charlem is well aware of this and he certainly is his own man.

This is exactly what I implied in a previous post. I do think that Tee S will dump his sister at some point in time before soon... And Chalerm will be there, "clean" to become the Premier of a "new era"...

There are many here who might say to you "you couldn't possibly be that obtuse", but I've read enough of your posts now to see that you really are. I've got your back mate.

If he wants to put his name on his donations, that's his choice. He can do that. He paid for them.

So before this gets any more ridiculous, please drop it.

But of course, the conspiracy theorists here will always find something new.

If he had indeed donated whatever, he would have made sure everybody knew about it...

Thaksin donated the stickers (LOL)

:lol::cheesy: That's what everybody needs a bit more of now, thanks.

Hi Nick, I have the same observation on the ground here in Pathum Thani as you do, although more limited as I have not gone too far from our flooded house. Everyone here is pitching in to help, good spirits, I don't see any of the kind of thing that certifiable nutcase Thanong writes about.

I am afraid your plea will fall on deaf ears here. For reasons I cannot fathom TVF is a farang yellow shirt redoubt, slightly to the right of Attila the Hun politically. I know you are busy, but when you have time I would like to hear your theories of just why that is so? I know a few Thai red shirts opponents who would be ashamed by some of the crap washing up here. A lot of it is from people who could not understand directions in Thai to their corner 7/11, but somehow they are past masters of Thai current events. Mind boggling.

Thaksin's apologists trying to get their act together. When they are saying let's drop the politics it is because they are trying to push away the spotlight from the response of this hopeless government (directed by Thaksin) whose main contribution has been to refuse declaring a SOE (can't be seen reliant on the army), refusing support from the USA (Thaksin still upset that the US released phone-taps showing his direction of the red actions in 2010) and having little to say except ministers declaring 'the worst is over', lets push some synchronised boats up the CP River and the PMs tears of oh woe is me. Keep it up chaps.

One would imagine the vast majority of Thai folks caught up in the shit are saying " Let's drop the politics " too. Looking at the TV the poor sods are more than likely too busy trying to save themselves and what they've got.

Of course you and I have the luxury of wanking on on this forum ad nauseum. I ( and I would take the liberty of assuming you too ) am high and dry.

Yingluk thinks she's got it tough now in the spotlight. She's got it relatively easy at the moment. When the metaphorical dust has settled the shit will really hit the fan for the government. Questions that demand answers will be the order of the day,the least important ones being having her prove that the " donations" from her brother were really from him or where her deputy PM (who's usually got an opinion on and his face in absolutely frigging everything) has been shacked up during the crisis. Let's hope the local media have the stones to ask her to her face.

Edited by mca

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

Ah, so now maybe you grok the lack of humanity comment from the other day. I'd like to say these actions were merely ignorant, but clearly they are intended to be hateful. Someone is trying to sow division. They think there's something in it for themselvesto do so. Meanwhile the body count climbs daily.

Edited by serenitynow

Well i guess we managed to totaly discredit the Title of this thread "PTP & Red Shirts do nothing to help their own" - seems it should be renamed to "PTP & Red Shirts only want to help their own"

Justsayin

Either way is a criticism of the gov/reds, so either way will do.

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

Ah, so now maybe you grok the lack of humanity comment from the other day. I'd like to say these actions were merely ignorant, but clearly they are intended to be hateful. Someone is trying to sow division. They think there's something in it for themselves. Meanwhile the body count climbs daily.

What does 'grok' mean?

Anyway, here it is:

redshirtboat.jpg

Ah, so now maybe you grok the lack of humanity comment from the other day. I'd like to say these actions were merely ignorant, but clearly they are intended to be hateful. Someone is trying to sow division. They think there's something in it for themselves. Meanwhile the body count climbs daily.

What does 'grok' mean?

To understand thouroughly at a deep inner level.

What does 'grok' mean?

To understand thouroughly at a deep inner level.

If being idiotic and divisive equates to a lack of humanity then there's an awful lot of people who need to be told they're inhuman. Looks like your you've got your work cut out as the harbinger of Truth. Best put the kettle on. It's gonna be a long night...

I have heard people complaining (although i have no links/proof to back it up) that in some areas, the relief packages that are being handed out comes with the question "are you a red shirt?" - answer "No" and you are told "supplies have run out"

I really *really* hope this is BS... because if its true, it would be disgusting beyond imagination!

Has anyone else heard of this?

Anyone believe that this can be anything other than a troll post?

MunterHunter - you are as far from the Thai people as anyone can be.

I'd say that willingly denying people access to assistance according to their political persuasion is not exactly what one could call an act of humanity.

I'd like to see the people responsible for putting that sticker on that boat explain why they did it.

Of course we can all make guesses according to our approach to the subject but it would be interesting to hear it from the horses mouth.

Fascinating. One group, Nationmultimedia, already known to be hostile to the government proides a negative opinion and TVF accepts it as the gospel truth. I suggest people consider additional information outlets to provide a fair and balanced opinion.

The Nation is far from perfect but some of their pieces are reality.

You might like to remember that your idol during his reign manipulated the media enormously so that they reported everything about him in a positive and often quite untruthful way, and many times the public at large knew very well that the real truth was quite different.

And perhaps you could suggest other sources of information which are fair and balanced (that would be in your opinion of course)?

Edited by scorecard