Indian Food

klinpree

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are after Northern Indian,Pakistani, Bangladeshi (UK) style curries I wish you all the best, I have lived here 10 years and am yet to find a good one. The Yanks have the same problem trying to find a good Mexican apparently. There's loads of Indian places but all the cooking is done by Indians, where as I am used to Bangladeshi or Pakistani chefs.

I also like Indian food but so far my experiences in Pattaya have not been great. The "thoroughbred" Indian places tend to have small portions at big prices and Western style restaurants try their hand at so called International ( British Colonial type) of curry not very successfully so far, IMHO.

Driving down Soi Nern today I noticed in passing what seems to be a bit like a hole in the wall with a sign: Curry Station - Indian Food! Anyone knows/has tried the place?

Taste of India good but expensive, Curry Hut good and cheap. Both in Jomtien.

Where is the Curry Hut? I have never seen it. Thanks.

Go to Jomtien 2nd road and immigration Soi 5. There is a Thai market there, south side. Next to it is a beer bar complex. It's in the beer bar complex.

I also like Indian food but so far my experiences in Pattaya have not been great. The "thoroughbred" Indian places tend to have small portions at big prices and Western style restaurants try their hand at so called International ( British Colonial type) of curry not very successfully so far, IMHO.

Driving down Soi Nern today I noticed in passing what seems to be a bit like a hole in the wall with a sign: Curry Station - Indian Food! Anyone knows/has tried the place?

If it's the place near the muslim school about a kilometre up from suk, its called My Home. I think their food is pretty good and cheap but I'm no Indian food expert. The chicken tikka masala and saffron rice is a particular favorite.

If it's the place near the muslim school about a kilometre up from suk, its called My Home. I think their food is pretty good and cheap but I'm no Indian food expert. The chicken tikka masala and saffron rice is a particular favorite.

i tried it once

it was ok, and it was cheap but not OK enough to go back

theres a place on pratumank hill, on the corner of one of the soi going down to the Asia hotel i think

i call it p*ki petes but its obviously not called that

the indian food is good there

i tried it once

theres a place on pratumank hill, on the corner of one of the soi going down to the Asia hotel i think

It's on the corner of Soi 5 that goes down to Adriatic Palace Hotel.

It's called Nawab and has Indian, Thai and Russian food.

Edited by PattayaParent

i tried it once

thank you for putting some meat on the bone......

Go to Jomtien 2nd road and immigration Soi 5. There is a Thai market there, south side. Next to it is a beer bar complex. It's in the beer bar complex.

Thanks, I can walk to it.

Thanks, I can walk to it.

You do realise we're talking about Indian food as in curries from the Indian sub-continent? Not Indian food as in buffalo from the North American continent? :D

You do realise we're talking about Indian food as in curries from the Indian sub-continent? Not Indian food as in buffalo from the North American continent? :D

:) Funny :) Unfortunately I found the place today. I do not think it would pass for any kind of Indian food (never again).

I haven't tried it yet. So it was that bad, eh?

:) Funny :) Unfortunately I found the place today. I do not think it would pass for any kind of Indian food (never again).

I haven't tried it yet. So it was that bad, eh?

It is just my opinion (but I have actually lived in India before). The place was clean, located in an area surrounded by bar after bar after bar. I ordered palak paneer and butter nan. The palak paneer was OK but too hot for me. The nan was something I had never seen before in India. It was not real nan. My guess is that the place does not have the proper cooking device for nan or paratha. Maybe you will have a different experience.

This place (in my opinion) has gone down hill. It is no where near how it used to be, maybe because all the Nepalese lads have gone to local taylor shops.

The best place now (in my opinion) is Indian by Nature opposite PanPan Jomtien and a close second Mantra at the start of the beach road.

You will need a bank loan for both but top notch really.

Hmmm. I'm hungry now and fancy one 555

My friends and I were eating at Punjabi Tadka on 2nd Rd. near the entrance to walking st and across from the Camelot Hotel. We ate there 5 or so times and the food was very good....anyone been lately for an update and quality/prices??

Last time I was there, prices up, portions down, taste still pretty good.

There is a place opposite royal garden 2nd road not sure of the name I have been a few times now and found it quite good.

I think you mean ZAIKA. Yes, it looks like it would be good. Price are rather high though. Haven't tried as yet. They employ an aggressive hawker to snare you in and that turns me off.

If they don't do proper nan, it seems doubtful they could do proper tandoori items either. Of course your complaint of "too hot" is a draw for me!

They seem to have their breads mixed up from what I am used to.

I like Roti but when I order that I get what I consider to be Nan and when I order Nan I get Roti.

If you order the food spicy it is 'too hot' with chillies rather than spices. The normal curries could do with being more hot though.

There's still Nepalese waiters, and a waitress there, just not the ones that were there before.

After spending a lot of time living and working with Indians I've found nowhere outside of India or the Middle East to get real Indian food unfortunately. A bit like JT's search for the Holy Grail of Mexican in Pattaya!

That will presumably be British rather than Indian then. Chicken Tikka Masala is a totally UK invention.

The nan was something I had never seen before in India. It was not real nan. My guess is that the place does not have the proper cooking device for nan or paratha.

As far as I know there is no special device for cooking any Indian bread. Just an oven/grill or frying pan/griddle, depending on which one you are doing.

The nan was something I had never seen before in India. It was not real nan. My guess is that the place does not have the proper cooking device for nan or paratha.

As far as I know there is no special device for cooking any Indian bread. Just an oven/grill or frying pan/griddle, depending on which one you are doing.

Nan bread is normally cooked in a Tandoor if cooked correctly.

Nan bread is normally cooked in a Tandoor if cooked correctly.

Yes, it is a special oven that is often set in the ground in India. The chicken is cooked in the center where it is most hot and bread is "stuck" to its sides (where it is less hot) to cook. Indian women are masters at cooking this way. My favorite bread is paratha. In India is is light, flaky (many layers), and just sightly chewy. It is often filled with some vegetable, but it is great plain. I have never seen the real thing outside of India. The breads in India must be the best anywhere, so when I go to an "Indian restaurant" and they can't make bread, I decide rapidly not to go back.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli