Flood Relief Operations Center Video Clip Reveals Donation Hoarding

Lite Beer

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NNT is a branch of the Public Relations Dept of Thailand, If you looked you would see they have a facebook page they update regularly and the PRD website is updated regularly too

http://thailand.prd.go.th/index.php

Ok maybe they decided to consolidate, since FB is beating their numbers hands down. but it seems a little too coincidental that NNT the other page, just stops so abruptly, just as the FROC debacle hits the news. Not even a 'Hello we are moving our updates to 'here' starting Nov 1'.

Or they just removed the person who did it, and gave the job to someone else.

Edited by animatic

NNT is a branch of the Public Relations Dept of Thailand, If you looked you would see they have a facebook page they update regularly and the PRD website is updated regularly too

NNT's Facebook page hasn't been updated (something added to their Wall) since October 15.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7-%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%98%E0%B9%8C/183675461657982?v=wall

While the PRD does produce news itself on a sporadic basis (checking their list of articles reveals it is averaging only 1 or 2 articles per day and sometimes none) and has updated since then, the NNT is the actual "meat and potatoes" daily news production department (15-30 articles per day) and it hasn't produced news on it's English-language site since October 31.

Edited by Buchholz

I just watched some red tv because I want to be broadly informed. I'm sorry but I couldn't watch it longer than a few minutes. Flood relief packages distributed by a truck with a big banner of Thaksin. I doubt he paid for it and it made me sick.

Sounds like FROC needs to re-issue it's rule again (from 9 days ago)

TR @aunoline: FROC's new rule - all trucks carry donations will bear FROC name only. A political party sign allowed as a small sticker.

The accusations being made are libelous. There were limited stockpiles shown and for the most part consisted of approx. 40 port a potties and some plastic sheeting, which some consider to be rafts. It is to be expected that there would have been stockpiles at the airport. The images displayed are of insignificant quantities of material. I don't think there is a big market for portopotties outside of the flood zone in Bangkok nor for the small bagged toiletries. Has it occurred to some that since the flooding in most of inner Bangkok has not yet occurred to the point that floating portopotties did not need to be distributed? It seems to me that the supplies were on hand to have something with which Bangkok suffered catastrophic flooding.

The usual gang has assembled to vent their hatred at the elected government. Nice.

I strongly suggest that constructive criticism be considered instead of hateful inaccurate accusations.

Not for the first time has TV posted a sensationalist headline without substantiating any facts but merely tossing it out to the members, of this forum in order to garner 'views'. Shamelessly disingenuous and tabloidesque in the extreme. But what else do we expect?

Edited by evanson

I just watched some red tv because I want to be broadly informed. I'm sorry but I couldn't watch it longer than a few minutes. Flood relief packages distributed by a truck with a big banner of Thaksin. I doubt he paid for it and it made me sick.

TR @aunoline: FROC's new rule - all trucks carry donations will bear FROC name only. A political party sign allowed as a small sticker.

Further report, in the other paper, of huge banners, in contradiction of the FROC's ruling, on flood relief trucks saying in red letters, DONATED ITEMS COURTESY OF POLITICIAN KARUN HOSAKUL (the indicted Red Shirt Leader out on bail/Pheu Thai Party MP) followed later by a truck's banner reading, A GIFT FROM POLICE GENERAL THAKSIN SHINAWATRA.

Thanks for the web site. I usually don't use facebook as a news source.

I found it interesting that all their plans were to help business.

Not one word about distributing the stored supplies.

From what I have read on Thai Visa Yingluck was out in a boat distributing supplies and mud balls. I wonder if the suplies were like the loaf's of bread and fish Jesus fed the crowd with.

My stepson is still sheltering at the old airport. His feet are getting sore from all the water. He also says it looks like the water has gone down a few centimeters. Hope it is the start.

Be nice to hear from some of the ones directly affected by the floods if they have seen any sign of supplies. So far no positive reports yet that is not a surprise. We tend to complain more that we give credit.

The video of the PM handing out relief packets via boat and army truck, appeared to be a photo session. The transport vehicles, in both cases were full of people (tv reporters, camera crews, etc), no room for relief supplies.

NNT's Facebook page hasn't been updated (something added to their Wall) since October 15.

http://www.facebook....61657982?v=wall

While the PRD does produce news itself on a sporadic basis (checking their list of articles reveals it is averaging only 1 or 2 articles per day and sometimes none) and has updated since then, the NNT is the actual "meat and potatoes" daily news production department (15-30 articles per day) and it hasn't produced news on it's English-language site since October 31.

This is perplexing, and a concern. I hope it winds up having a logical answer.

http://www.facebook....61657982?v=wall

This is perplexing, and a concern. I hope it winds up having a logical answer.

It is quite intriguing.

I've followed their online news for 8 years now and have never seen them go a week like this now with no news at all. I don't know if its related to the flood or what, but whatever it is that is causing it, it's unprecedented.

I'm not sure if this the appropriate forum to ask, but i don' t know where else i should post:

A couple of friends from europe / usa asked me, where they can donate for flood victims. Obviousely they have some doupts towards FROC, so they just want to make sure that

- the money will be used for the victims

- the donations are not used in a political context

Does somebody here have suggestions for appropriate & trustworthy organisations?

Thank you.

I'm not sure if this the appropriate forum to ask, but i don' t know where else i should post:

A couple of friends from europe / usa asked me, where they can donate for flood victims. Obviousely they have some doupts towards FROC, so they just want to make sure that

Does somebody here have suggestions for appropriate & trustworthy organisations?

Thank you.

Highly recommended:

news2011-05-12_08-49-28_255405120004_thai_red_cross.jpg

http://www.redcross.or.th/old/english/home/index.php

Full details on donations at their website above.

Highly NOT recommend:

froc.jpg

"A GIFT FROM POLICE GENERAL THAKSIN SHINAWATRA."

Seems he, or someone, has given him a raise.

Certainly doesn't reflect reality on the police rolls.

More bull poop, as if the waters could handle anymore

Guess he figured since it was lie about the source of the donations, might as well lie as to the imposter benefactor's rank....

speaking of which, 3 years on now are we are still waiting for his Lieutenant-Colonel rank to be revoked by the police commission, as well as the return of his Royal Decorations which he promised he would do.

Edited by Buchholz

Thank you.

Highly recommended:

http://www.redcross..../home/index.php

Highly NOT recommend:

froc.jpg

thanks.

"A GIFT FROM POLICE GENERAL THAKSIN SHINAWATRA."

Seems he, or someone, has given him a raise.

Certainly doesn't reflect reality on the police rolls.

More bull poop, as if the waters could handle anymore

maybe Thaksin pay for the bags (with his name on), while thai tax payer pay for the stuff inside. Just maybe. i could be wrong.

Thank you.

Highly recommended:

http://www.redcross..../home/index.php

Highly NOT recommend:

froc.jpg

thanks.

mai pen rai... and thank you and your friends for donating to a worthy cause through a reputable agency. :wai:

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, the whistle-blowers involved won't meet the same fate as an earlier whistle-blower, Shipping Moo (Kornthep Viriya).

unsure.gif

It's seems it's gone all quiet with the whistle-blowers at NNT.

The English-language section of The Royal Thai Government's News Agency typically generates 15 or more articles per day.

They haven't produced any, since the day after of this expose' was published, on October 31.

http://thainews.prd....dday=2011-11-06

unsure.gif

Well spotted.

Hopefully, it's not another case like the aforementioned Kornthep Viriya.

Background excerpt from Michael Backman's book, The Asian Insider

shippingmoo.png

shippingmoo2.png

http://books.google....0Viriya&f=false

In an interesting development, The Royal Thai Government's News Agency has now resumed publishing news articles, after a 2 month long stoppage.

Hopefully, its return didn't involve the disappearance of any whistle-blowers.

Edited by Buchholz

Further report, in the other paper, of huge banners, in contradiction of the FROC's ruling, on flood relief trucks saying in red letters, DONATED ITEMS COURTESY OF POLITICIAN KARUN HOSAKUL (the indicted Red Shirt Leader out on bail/Pheu Thai Party MP) followed later by a truck's banner reading, A GIFT FROM POLICE GENERAL THAKSIN SHINAWATRA.

Terrible isn't it - Mind you it wouldn't be the first time the democrats had a bit of trouble with the size of their signs or the payment for - if it hadn't been for the friendly EC they would have been dissolved.

NE11253477-7.jpg

phuket-1-11421iCbnncvFSyKlOLpMFnPdmOlfAf.jpg

phiphidon>> Make did your post have to do with the topic or the pictures for that matter?

Sorry TAWP didn't realise you were moderating. My post and pictures were an answer to Buchholz, if thats OK with you. My post and picture off topic well, so would be the serial off topic king, buchholzs' be. Perhaps you should bring it up with him.