Buy-To-Let Condo Investment In Bangkok

In Pattaya, they are pushing off plan units heavily, as they get 8-10% commission on these...and there are a lot of them currently available. What did surprise me is how well they are selling.

I met a few of these buyers at a new building launch party the other day. I dare say that there may be some experienced investors buying also, but the three that I spoke to seemed to be a bit green. Two of them were on their first long visit to Thailand and the other had only been here a few times. All had bought for "investment" and were hoping to rent out when the units are finished in a year or two's time. I wish them luck but they may be in for a surprise.

I also saw a resale studio in a popular Jomtien building that had just been reduced from an absurd 1.8M to a more reasonable (but still high) 1.4M. The place wasn't exactly luxurious to start with, but the last tenant seemed to have given it the coup de grace, leaving cigarette smoke stains and burns everywhere, and someone had left a tap on causing a flood and destroying all the rather cheap chipboard furniture. I dont know how much deposit he left behind, but I doubt that it would cover the cost of replacing even crappy rental furniture. One tenant like that could make a real mess of one of these modern units with melamine finishes and laminate flooring.

For sure. Getting renters for the next few years could be an issue...unless you are in one of the very desirable buildings. Even then, the rental price is going to be soft.

Like you told me before, and I found out while on my research visits with the agents, the newer units are for sure building things very cheaply. I was in one building, looking at the last few units for sale (at decent discounts) and could already see the laminate peeling and becoming discolored. Not good...

You have to compare BKK to other capital cities or the OP may as well build a mansion in ISAAN. Its all relative PP

Your right though, new york in particular is a shi# hole

recently stayed in a mates flat just 20 min from london central. its for sale @ 750,000 pound :blink:

Sydney? I was renting a 70 sqm loft in a renovated church at the rocks for $750/week or buy $700k

Bangkok for value leaves the rest in the dust. And you cant beat the location/lifestyle. ;)

Then you'd better compare it to Mogadishu, Dacca or Lilongwe to get a more realistic comparison.

Bangkok just doesn't have the quality or infrastructure or standard of living as the places you quote.

Mogadishu ROFL. Really? .

public transport in sydney is woeful with Bangkoks rail network amongst the best in the world better than syd,nys,ldn.. taxis are modern here and cheap , buses run non stop, transport thailand wide is super efficient only a few hundred bht. Airline out of BKK takes you anywhere or domestic air is excellent and cheap.

world class shopping centres and 5 star hotels are everywhere and quite often you dont need to touch the streets as the bts was well planned to exit INTO the malls.

Why wouldn't you compare BKK to NYC,SYD or Londion? Bangkok wins hands down and it will only improve on good infrastructure for a developing country

Good luck with Mogadishu , let us know how you go :blink:

Which world capital you mention is having a crisis with flooding at the moment?

You have to compare BKK to other capital cities or the OP may as well build a mansion in ISAAN. Its all relative PP

Your right though, new york in particular is a shi# hole

recently stayed in a mates flat just 20 min from london central. its for sale @ 750,000 pound :blink:

Sydney? I was renting a 70 sqm loft in a renovated church at the rocks for $750/week or buy $700k

Bangkok for value leaves the rest in the dust. And you cant beat the location/lifestyle. ;)

Then you'd better compare it to Mogadishu, Dacca or Lilongwe to get a more realistic comparison.

Bangkok just doesn't have the quality or infrastructure or standard of living as the places you quote.

Londons Tube compared to BKKs MRT and BTS system, I know which one is far superior.....Asia and especially Thailand has changed dramatically over the past decade...its not just a place old pervs come for a bit of cheap hows ya father anymore..

No need to bother with the MRT and BTS, now you can go canoeing to all the major shopping malls in the city as an added advantage.