Isaan, Farmers Idea Exchange - Meet-Up No. 2

AA1

Hello AA1,

I'll be there, but without any rainbow trout. These things take time. I'll need accommodation. Sorry for the late notice. Sure there are other places in Sangkha if it's too late. Let me know if I should sort something out myself. The Odyssey I refer to is my project on the Bolaven Plateau that I bored everyone with at liberty at the last meeting. You can follow the progress, or lack of it, on my Main Blog page on my website (see my profile or PM me).

Looking forwardly,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Delighted that you are able to come and we will look forward to hearing "More Entertaining Tales from the Bolaven Plateau"! If a moment I will look at your website tonight.

Just a quicky to say that you are now booked in at the same hotel with all the others.

ALL HOTEL STAYERS.

The rooms are all Booked in MY name (Anthony Allen) so if if you go there BEFORE coming on to our house remember that.

I have booked all rooms to have a double bed SO if you are shown a room with 2 single beds refuse it (unless you want 2 beds!).

See you all plus some wives on Saturday around lunch time or earlier if you want.

Ring me on my telephone (number on Directions) if you have any problem.

Anthony (AA1).

Hello AA1,

I'll be there, but without any rainbow trout. These things take time. I'll need accommodation. Sorry for the late notice. Sure there are other places in Sangkha if it's too late. Let me know if I should sort something out myself. The Odyssey I refer to is my project on the Bolaven Plateau that I bored everyone with at liberty at the last meeting. You can follow the progress, or lack of it, on my Main Blog page on my website (see my profile or PM me).

Looking forwardly,

Richard

Now read the map carefully so you don't take the Wrong Way :lol:

Hello AA1,

Looking forwardly,

Richard

Now read the map carefully so you don't take the Wrong Way :lol:

Bergen. I like it!!!!!!

Andy,

Don't worry as we can do tomorrow. Thanks so much for letting me know.

See you Friday.

Anthony.

and see you all Saturday - it's only a few days away - and I've started the warm up! :D

Anthony,

Good meeting, well organised and most enjoyable to catch up with others. Well done and thanks. We'll look forward to the photos from Bergen.

WF

Hi Anthony, I would also like to say Thank--You for having us all , I drank far to much, met some great people, and hope to see you all again soon

Thanks Andy

Thanks to Anthony for being a good host, serving delicious food and having lots of beer available! :D

:thumbsup: to IA for the bacon, to WF for the driving, and to both for nice company and chat Sunday morning.

As usual good to catch up with "old friends", meet new ones, and listening to their tales and experiences. :whistling:

We all watched the moon disappear in the evening, some were up to see the sun rise next morning, and some saw stars in between....... :rolleyes:

Will post pics when ready, and I'm looking forward to the next gathering - which - if I remember right will be at my (wife's) farm in February!

Details will be revealed later. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bergen,

Thanks so very much for the super photos which you have posted which will be a wonderful memory for Ting and I of the happy day when you all came over here for the last Meeting of the Isan Farmers. We so enjoyed having you all.

You are a glutton for punishment as you also offered to host the next meeting In February, date to be arranged! Just to give you warning Ting and I have got to be in Bangkok for the weekend of the 4th./5th. Feb & I have since discovered Ting is involved on the weekend of the 17th/18th. so if poss. it would be Ideal for us if you can fit round these BUT I, however, am only one so if it has to be one of these NO PROBLEM and we will meet you all at the 4th. Gathering later. See whatever rude comments like this that you get from the others AND THEN ORGANISE IT FOR WHENEVER IT BEST FOR YOU!!!!!!! It should be a very interesting visit as you have such a variety of products for us to see.

Isaan Aussie,

Horrified to just here that your computer connection is STILL off! Let's hope that you get a suprise Christmas present.

For ALL of you.

Ting and I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and may the New Year bring perfect weather and HIGH prices for all your various ventures!!!!

Anthony (AA1).

So Saturday 11th or 25th of February seems to be the options for meet number 3.

Suggestions anyone?? rolleyes.gif

I will be there on either date. I would like to stay 2 nights. Do you have an oven. If it's OK by you I would like to bake off a few Pork Pies usind Aussie#s pork for everyone to try. Bob

So Saturday 11th or 25th of February seems to be the options for meet number 3.

Suggestions anyone?? rolleyes.gif

I will be there on either date. I would like to stay 2 nights. Do you have an oven. If it's OK by you I would like to bake off a few Pork Pies usind Aussie#s pork for everyone to try. Bob

2 nights sounds good, and an oven I have Bob, so looking forward to testing the pies! licklips.gif

Bergen.

Thank's for your kindness re. alternative dates for the next Gathering and await the outcome.

JIm.

Sorry that you will be unable to make it however you thoroughly deserve a good break after the dreadful weather etc. that you had for your rubber in the 2nd. half of the year. Enjoy it, come back refreshed and look forward to seeing youat the following meeting if not before.

re. Isaan Aussie.

I lay in bed last night and thought "How can I be such a stupid old idiot"!! I know that I am but that's beside the point BUT how can I expect I.A. to receive a message when his connection is down? Work that one out! Bergen. I will give him a ring today and tell him about the alterantive dates.

grimleybob.

I have been thinking of your pork pies since you first mentioned them when sending your apologies before the last meeting. I can't wait to try one - and to meet you, of course!!!!

AA1

Edited by AA1

Bergen,

Thanks so very much for the super photos which you have posted which will be a wonderful memory for Ting and I of the happy day when you all came over here for the last Meeting of the Isan Farmers. We so enjoyed having you all.

You are a glutton for punishment as you also offered to host the next meeting In February, date to be arranged! Just to give you warning Ting and I have got to be in Bangkok for the weekend of the 4th./5th. Feb & I have since discovered Ting is involved on the weekend of the 17th/18th. so if poss. it would be Ideal for us if you can fit round these BUT I, however, am only one so if it has to be one of these NO PROBLEM and we will meet you all at the 4th. Gathering later. See whatever rude comments like this that you get from the others AND THEN ORGANISE IT FOR WHENEVER IT BEST FOR YOU!!!!!!! It should be a very interesting visit as you have such a variety of products for us to see.

Isaan Aussie,

Horrified to just here that your computer connection is STILL off! Let's hope that you get a suprise Christmas present.

For ALL of you.

Ting and I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and may the New Year bring perfect weather and HIGH prices for all your various ventures!!!!

Anthony (AA1).

Anthony - I wish you and Ting all the best for X - mas, and a very happy and prosperous New Year.

The same goes for all the rest of you guys - cables or not! biggrin.png

Looking at the bottle pict. I wonder if the fluid had any impact on the fluency of speech or if the subjects covered deviated much from the theme at hand= rice farming. It also suppresses my urge to dare asking if there is any summary which non-participants might look at???

Wish I'd been there