Traffic Light Cameras

Don't worry the camera will not work, even if it did it'll be broken within weeks if it's been installed to Thai standards.

then the local authority will have to pay for it to be repaired.

Also at the Bangrak junction with the airport road.

I seem to remember a newspaper report saying security cameras were being installed at strategic points around the island.

I doubt they are for traffic control though.

It will take the nong cops several years to kow jai that the traffic cams are not same=same YouTube or Pink.

In the same time period (it's gonna take 2 years before all the nong cops have got bored with seeing Samui streets on TV) they will then have to learn how it works.

I love this country.

So - really - by the time that anyone official here has figured out what to do with this and how to use it - and found a way to stop the kiddy-cops playing with it - Samui has gone 3G and Google maps realtime and could actually spot traffic offenders live via satellite

- where was I ...

I will donate a percentage of my income to any Samui traffic cop who stops, arrests and fines ... via a "funny cam" ...

1. concrete trucks

2. hotel mini-vans

3. fool kids who cause accidents by overtaking on the outer lane at 90 kpph

4. taxis ditto ...

But I will do the same when I see children of 9 years old being arrested and stopped - usually 3-up on a motorbike and coming out of schools at 3.45 pm.

BEFORE the POLIS go camera here - can they please fix the pre-teen noddy nongs who are on these bikes. Several of my Thai friends agree, but have no idea how to do anythng about this lunacy.

PLEASE can we have simple road rules (no 10-year-olds driving here - license checks as well as funny helmets etc) before we have Hi-Tech cams?

PLEASE?

(pretty please)

R

Speaking to someone from the local authorities, several CCTV cameras will be installed around the island.

Currently installed in Fisherman's Village , I think he said they will have large screens in some areas, showing the activities.

All monitoring will be done from Nathon.

I have gotten a couple of photo radar tickets in the mail. I think they were mobile units that I did not notice. I think there is going to be a lot of this in the future because it is easy money and cuts the cops out of the loop. A mobile unit generates a photo and a ticket and it comes in the mail to the registered owner. You pay the 400 baht at the post office. the money just rolls in with no effort. A real slam dunk money maker. I cured the problem. I have installed a "plate flipper" on my MC. I keep the plate flipped down and invisible to cameras as I ride. As I approach a checkpoint, I press a button and the plate flips back up, looking perfectly normal. Don't worry, just ride!

There has been CCTV cameras in all Chaweng major crossings to the ring road for years.

Really!?! I never heard this - or anyone ever mention it.

Have they ever been used for anything?

What are they for?

Bet they never get watched!(" Hey Sombat, this is a stupid TV - only gets one channel...")

R

I have gotten a couple of photo radar tickets in the mail. I think they were mobile units that I did not notice. I think there is going to be a lot of this in the future because it is easy money and cuts the cops out of the loop. A mobile unit generates a photo and a ticket and it comes in the mail to the registered owner. You pay the 400 baht at the post office. the money just rolls in with no effort. A real slam dunk money maker. I cured the problem. I have installed a "plate flipper" on my MC. I keep the plate flipped down and invisible to cameras as I ride. As I approach a checkpoint, I press a button and the plate flips back up, looking perfectly normal. Don't worry, just ride!

Photo-Radar tickets?

In what part of the country? Surely not on Samui?

Great idea though. Need one in the middle of Mae Nam by the lights at walking street. Samui Rescue vehicles regularly blast through there at 100kph+ and I've got photos of a 3-car smash that happened because of this.

R

What are they for?

Bet they never get watched!(" Hey Sombat, this is a stupid TV - only gets one channel...")

R

Friend of friend had an accident at the junction ring road, beach road at south Chaweng.

The footage cleared him, but he knew there was a camera there.

The CCTV camera is mounted across street ringroad coming from first residence, take a look next time.

What are they for?

R

Friend of friend had an accident at the junction ring road, beach road at south Chaweng.

The footage cleared him, but he knew there was a camera there.

The CCTV camera is mounted across street ringroad coming from first residence, take a look next time.

I'm stunned! Samui finally oozes into the late 20th Century!

R

There has been CCTV cameras in all Chaweng major crossings to the ring road for years.

Also on the ring road in Lamai, opposite the Lamai market, been there at least 5 years.

they have had CCTV Camera's covering the whole of lamai for years, there operation centre is in the police box/station opposite tesco, ( if it is still there ) if you go in there, they have around 12 TV's rotating on the cameras that cover more or less every street/soi in lamai... so if you ever have an accident in lamai, go to the police box/station as no doubt they will have it all filmed !