Can'T Purchase Nok Air Flight For Dec 3Rd ?

malamala

Even though Nok air’s web site says “Accepting reservations through March 24, 2012”

It does not allow us to purchase flight from Tang to BKK on Dec 3rd.

It shows that there is 9:20 departure on flight DD7451, but there is no button to continue the purchase.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do?

Had a booking on Friday, 11.11. from Bangkok (DMK) to Nakorn Phanom (KOP). They changed the operational base from Don Mueaiong to Souwannaphurmee (aka Swampy) and that was it. On arriving at the airport there were BIG EYES .... and no flight. Solly too much Siiiiir and that was it. Ah, yes, I shall get the ticket refunded in 4 - 6 weeks onto my credit card; my alternate flight to Sakorn Nakhon (SNO) made me an instant shareholder in Nok Air. What a bloody waste of time and money. Wonder how many passengers showed up on a flight which was cancelled long time ago (and no longer is available for the time being)?

i have sent them couple emails, never heard back

but we kept checking the web site and The situation must have changed as yesterday I was able to get only as far as info about the flight, now it allowed us to purchase it. Yesterday the Nok web site showed that they will operate in Suvarnabhumi till Nov 30. Today the same notice said they will operate till Jan 31.

i have sent them couple emails, never heard back

but we kept checking the web site and The situation must have changed as yesterday I was able to get only as far as info about the flight, now it allowed us to purchase it. Yesterday the Nok web site showed that they will operate in Suvarnabhumi till Nov 30. Today the same notice said they will operate till Jan 31.

Visited Buriram airport last Friday to book a Nok Air ticket from Suvarnabhumi to Buriram for this coming Friday.

Sorry all flights to Buriram cancelled until further notice. The Friday flight was due in a couple of hours and they had a pax list of a lot of people who were due to be dissapointed in the next hour or so.

Tough if you have a connecting flight to catch.

I suppose the moral is don't cough up any cash until you are at Suv and know they have an aircraft and also have back up plan.

TBWG :wai:

"Had a booking on Friday, 11.11. from Bangkok (DMK) to Nakorn Phanom (KOP). They changed the operational base from Don Mueaiong to Souwannaphurmee (aka Swampy) and that was it."

Guess you missed this.

"Flight operations at Bangkok’s Don Mueang airport have been halted since October 25 after the runways were flooded."

Nice photo of the airport at:

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Thailand and arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport around 15 30 on 29th Nov 2011. went to Nok Air desk to buy a single flight to Phitsanulok leaving around mid day the following day. I put the money (about 2200 Baht) on the desk to pay for the flight. After I was told I was only allowed 15 Kilo of baggage I had about 25 Kilo as I had arrived from the UK. Because of this, I had to refuse the flight and picked up my money from the desk where I laid it. I then looked at my money and there was 1000 Baht short. there were two or three Nok employees behind the desk. I asked them where the 1000 Baht went to, and they just looked at me.

Always check your money carefully when dealing with Nok Air staff.

Looks like they have just introduced their new website (great timing) as well to add to the confusion.

I have been trying to book a flight to Swampy from either Sakon Nakon or Nakhon Phanom for next week. Their new site will not accept my credit card from the UK, so I had to do the booking online and then go and pay at a 7-11, which worked okay really, but not much use if you are not in Thailand when booking.

The flights to Nakhon Phanom are suppose to re-start on the 9th December, still only showing one a day for both Sakon and Nakhon Phanom but at least it's a service, as long as the plane turns up. :whistling::whistling:

See they reckon they will be operating from Swampy until at least 24th March, hope they stay there permanently myself, make my life a lot easier.