Testing Well Water - Where & How Much?

jko

Our well water supply (which we do not drink but use for cooking) leaves a metallic brown stain on cutlery left to dry without wiping - hopefully just a harmless iron compound, but I'm nonetheless keen to have it tested for toxic metals, pesticides, bacteria, etc.

Does anybody have recent experience with a water testing lab - where did you go, was it professionally carried out/reported, and how much did the test cost?

Will appreciate any feedback - thanks.

Hi if you don't get a more helpful reply you can inquire at Lanna water on Changpuak; they might do a basic test for free if you're possibly interested in a filter.

We had ours done at a government lab in CM some years ago and it was about 5000 baht for hardness, pH, bacteria and a few minerals; enough for them to conclude it made minimum standard for "rural drinking water". I expect tests for metals, ag chemicals etc. could be done but a full panel would be expensive.

Chiang Mai University. In the Faculty of Agriculture building there is a laboratory that does soil and water analysis for the public, for a price. I have never had water analyized, but I've processed soil samples and plant tissue for disease identification. They have a price list for soil test items to choose from, I assume they have the same for water. But I'm with Electrified ----, use properly filtered or bottled water for cooking.