Looking For A Few Sheep, A Llama, And A Pair Of Emu

andycrosby

As a Few of you have already seen my place, you will know I am trying to get a rare Breeds Farm of the ground. I think we are still a year away from where I want to be, but rome was not built in a day.

I am looking for anything that you have to look twice at or you do not see that oftern here

We already have some great things, No I am not telling you everything just yet. but I have begged stole and borrowed a lot of animals from round Thailand but I still feel we lack a few items

So if you have got anything you need to find a good home for Ill be happy to take on most things

ps Sid I Do Not want the Tiger for the tenth time.

Do ya got ant turtles? In the pet markets in BKK there are some cool exotics. I once had a group of African spurred tortoise (Geochelone Sulcata), big full grown ones, dozen of em. I know turtles arent the most exciting of creatures, but a fenced in area with 70lb+++ turtles will make ya look twice. Dont take to long either for them to get big. About 10lbs a year if they are kept outside and cared for properly. Growth is slow later, but first few years is surprisingly quick. And they breed easily, at about 5yrs. But if you like green pasture, not a good idea, not a blade of grass will survive in their enclosure. Iv got friend in texas has something like what sounds you are doing, llama, etc, even got a kangaroo walabee like creature, and my old turtle colony. Iv seen many species of cool exotic turtle in BKK, but many are also CITES restricted species, so not really legal. But the (Geochelone sulcata) is legal, and a few other species. If i ever settle down again in Thailand, I will surely get more big turtles. Perfect place for them. But might have to worry about people stealing and eating them though.

I do have one very large female Turtle that was hit by a car and has a very bad crack in her shell. These animals as you say do get eaten, and so this one will go to my mates temple who is a monk and I hope she will see the rest of her days out there along with the rest of the RTA we get in every week . But thanks for the post , just to put a smile on your face we have a very big stalk called Dustbin, If you ever see one up close you will know how big they are. No one wanted him because he eats everything he can fit in his massive mouth up to the size of a coke can, he is very funny and can not fly but likes to chase people round for hours, great fun to watch with a few mates and a case of beer.

I do have one very large female Turtle that was hit by a car and has a very bad crack in her shell. These animals as you say do get eaten, and so this one will go to my mates temple who is a monk and I hope she will see the rest of her days out there along with the rest of the RTA we get in every week . But thanks for the post , just to put a smile on your face we have a very big stalk called Dustbin, If you ever see one up close you will know how big they are. No one wanted him because he eats everything he can fit in his massive mouth up to the size of a coke can, he is very funny and can not fly but likes to chase people round for hours, great fun to watch with a few mates and a case of beer.

Andy.

Hope your turtle survives to a ripe old age and enjoys herself at the temple. I hate to say it but I think that it (living in a temple) would bore me to tears!! Love the story about Dustbin.

All we have is 1 sloppy dog plus chickens and ducks down at the rubber farm.

Chickens to produce more which she then sells when big enough (thank goodness as I hate skin & bone axed up) for eating

and

15 ducks for their eggs, goody,goody, but the wife sells the eggs too and I'm only given one as a treat when she wants something (probably money to buy more food for them? If so then more profit for her when she sells!!!).

Hope you are able to come on the 10th. and then we will be able to hear more of your animal stories!

Anthony (AA1).

Edited by AA1

Andy.

Hope your turtle survives to a ripe old age and enjoys herself at the temple. I hate to say it but I think that it (living in a temple) would bore me to tears!! Love the story about Dustbin.

All we have is 1 sloppy dog plus chickens and ducks down at the rubber farm.

Chickens to produce more which she then sells when big enough (thank goodness as I hate skin & bone axed up) for eating

and

15 ducks for their eggs, goody,goody, but the wife sells the eggs too and I'm only given one as a treat when she wants something (probably money to buy more food for them? If so then more profit for her when she sells!!!).

Hope you are able to come on the 10th. and then we will be able to hear more of your animal stories!

Anthony (AA1).

Sounds like you have them Native Chickens 20 weeks to make a soup. I tryed the improved version still a load of crap and if you cross them with a good rooster there still crap, buy Broilers and watch them grow.

I am still looking for a few sheep anyone and a boer goat male and female or would settle for a nice big saanan Billy

someone must have something interesting ?

Sorry, I can't offer any exotic animals for your extreme farm park - but I wish you the best of luck with your project! Let us know when it's up and running! Where do you live?

address and contact details on my profile page thanks

According to Google Earth you're 268km (almost directly North of me), so about 4 hours drive. I have a Swedish friend with a small Ostrich farm just up the road - but I'm not sure what his business model is, I've bought a few eggs and a kilo of meat from him. I've only heard of him 'slaughtering' 1 big bird 'himself'- maybe he just now sells on?

I know that they are technically different but Emu/ Ostrich are much the same? This may upset people but I did ride an ostrich on a 100m sprint race track in South Africa a few years ago. That is scarier than bungy jumping!rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I can't offer any exotic animals for your extreme farm park - but I wish you the best of luck with your project! Let us know when it's up and running! Where do you live?

address and contact details on my profile page thanks

According to Google Earth you're 268km (almost directly North of me), so about 4 hours drive. I have a Swedish friend with a small Ostrich farm just up the road - but I'm not sure what his business model is, I've bought a few eggs and a kilo of meat from him. I've only heard of him 'slaughtering' 1 big bird 'himself'- maybe he just now sells on?

I know that they are technically different but Emu/ Ostrich are much the same? This may upset people but I did ride an ostrich on a 100m sprint race track in South Africa a few years ago. That is scarier than bungy jumping!rolleyes.gif

Upset People is my middle name, LOL Ostrich would be great but I do not have the room for them. Got my lad to ride round on a goat the other day, so funny when it threw him off then ramed him with its horns .I wanted to help but Its hard when your on the floor pissing your self.

Upset People is my middle name, LOL Ostrichwould be great but I do not have the room for them. Got my lad to ride round ona goat the other day, so funny when it threw him off then rammed him with itshorns .I wanted to help but Its hard when your on the floor pissing yourself.

Andy - having a double-barreled middle nameis really posh! And watching your lad being gored by a goat is child abuse!

If you don’t have a spare room, me and the Mrs. can sleepin the van – sounds like great fun!

I could do with some bird advice, and are you sellingTurkeys for Christmas?

Sorry, I just realised that thesheep/llama/ emu post was from someone else!jap.gif

I do keep turkeys and so feel free to ask what you want. at xmas I sell a few down in pattaya to my mates

As regards the goat thing if it had horns and could have done any damage I would not have let it happen. And my lad has a thing for riding animals so he will learn the hard way

That or be a rodeo clown