Saw The New Ford Ranger.

kalbo123

I found the fuel stats for the new ranger searching the internet. The only difference for normal driving is .6, Australia fuel stats have the 3.2L 10 km/l and the 2.2L is 10.6 km/l.

Those are atrocious figures.. almost can't be right. 10 year old Isuzu does 16 km/l around Chiang Mai if you put in a little effort.

Dreamin? Wife pushing last 5 kms maybe.

I found the fuel stats for the new ranger searching the internet. The only difference for normal driving is .6, Australia fuel stats have the 3.2L 10 km/l and the 2.2L is 10.6 km/l.

Those are atrocious figures.. almost can't be right. 10 year old Isuzu does 16 km/l around Chiang Mai if you put in a little effort.

Well, not around the moat at 7PM at night it wouldn't, but on CM's ring roads and more major thoroughfares, sure ;)

There was a recent ecomony test done in Thailand for the new 2.2L 6MT Ranger - from Bangkok to Phatthalung (1673KM) the open cab low-rider did 19.5KM/L and the double-cab hi-rider did 18KM/L, so the closest to Isuzu fuel effeciency yet.

In 2003 my DMax 4 door 3,0 auto 4x4 managed 9-11km/liter, and slow and lazy it was with its dated 120 hp

The BP today just reported the new Ranger 4x4 3.2l will be 1.1 million baht.

Yep, I read the review too. Here is the link

http://www.bangkokpo...pickup-overlord

1.1 million baht for the 4 x 4 Wildtrak is an absolute bargain. In Australia it is going to be somewhere in the region of the equivalent of 1.8 million baht!

And on a relative annual income basis...Thais somewhere around US$ 6000 and Ozzies around US$ 50k (I'm guessing)...so compared to how long one would have to work to buy the vehicle, it's around 1 year in Oz and 5 years in LOS :o

New Ford Ranger release info:

http://www.autospinn...B8%89%E0%B8%A1/

Prices for Ford Ranger in each model.

• The Open Cab 4X2 XLT Transmission 6-speed 659,000 Baht

• The Open Cab 4X2 Hi - Ryder, 2.2-liter XLT Transmission 6-speed 699,000 Baht

• The Double Cab 4X2 XLT Transmission 6-speed 739,000 Baht

• The Open Cab 4X2 Hi - Rider XLT Wild Track-speed automatic 6-speed 759,000 Baht

• The Double Cab 4X2 F -. Rider XLT Transmission 6-color year 779,000 Baht

• The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Ryder, 2.2-liter XLT Automatic Transmission 6-speed 799,000 Baht

• The Double Cab 4X2 Hi - Raider 2.2 liters. Wild tracks Automatic 6-speed 869,000 Baht

• The Double Cab 4X4 Hi - Rider XLT Transmission 6-speed 879,000 Baht

• The Double Cab 4X4 XLT Wildtracks 3.2-liter. Automatic 6-speed 969,000 Baht

...the two 4x4's are still 2.2 L...not 3.2 :rolleyes:

I questioned it too, I was told the White WildTrack pictured was the top 4x4 model price listed, going to confirm this weekend. See pictures.

http://www.autospinn..._resize.JPG.php

http://www.autospinn..._resize.JPG.php

There are still no prices listed for 3.2 L's...check the TV motor forum..BTW,this one is nice..

Was quoted 1.1 million for the 3.2, A/T, 4X4 Widtrack, The price on that listing is for the 2.2 according to the printed ford sales leaflet they give you at the show! I was also quoted April as a delivery date for these in Thailand!

There seems to be a lot of positive buzz about the new Ford Ranger. What's the opinion here about the old version (I'm considering buying a used 2009 open cab Wildtrack)?

Sophon

...if you are not for "bigger is better" thing...my BIL is selling his '08 XLT OpenCab for 450k...and it is 3L !!...if you are not concern about putting the family behind...go for it,the front seat is probably as comfortable as....;)

I ordered the 2.2L wildtrak in orange yesterday.

I wanted the 3.2 but they couldnt give me a price on it and said the 3.2 would be ready in August to pick up. So I for the 2.2 which they first said April, but after I ordered one they said February it should be available for me to take.

I took it for a test drive and its pretty quiet for a diesel, the only thing I dont like about the 2.2 is there is no reversing camera, seats are not electric and no drink cooler which is what I wanted.

Now I think about it, I got a TV in my CRV and its a life saver in heavy BKK traffic, In the Ranger it looks like it will be very hard to replace, but I am no car expert so maybe they have different mold for that part? not sure.

Next time I go to the motorshow I am leaving the minus at home, the ladies there were nothing short of spectacular and I am a picky guy.

There seems to be a lot of positive buzz about the new Ford Ranger. What's the opinion here about the old version (I'm considering buying a used 2009 open cab Wildtrack)?

Sophon

...if you are not for "bigger is better" thing...my BIL is selling his '08 XLT OpenCab for 450k...and it is 3L !!...if you are not concern about putting the family behind...go for it,the front seat is probably as comfortable as....;)

I might be interested, but doesn't that model only have a drivers side airbag? Also, I'm not sure that the bigger engine is a positive to me, I don't really need the extra power and I would imagine it would come at a cost to the fuel economy.

Sophon

I wanted the 3.2 but they couldnt give me a price on it and said the 3.2 would be ready in August to pick up.

lets hope thats a tactic to close customers unwilling to wait till august, sounds like the everest im trying to hold out for wont be available to 2012 q4 at earliest then :(

Sophon

I might be interested, but doesn't that model only have a drivers side airbag? Also, I'm not sure that the bigger engine is a positive to me, I don't really need the extra power and I would imagine it would come at a cost to the fuel economy.

Sophon

I think it is only one air bag (BTW does the new ranger has two?)...I use to have a 2.5 L Toyota Tiger and we made a family trip to Nakon Sawan and back (2 cars) and I was amazed (and pissed a little),that his 3L used less fuel that mine...:o

Sophon

Sophon

I think it is only one air bag (BTW does the new ranger has two?)...I use to have a 2.5 L Toyota Tiger and we made a family trip to Nakon Sawan and back (2 cars) and I was amazed (and pissed a little),that his 3L used less fuel that mine...:o

new ranger 4 door has 2-8 airbags in TH

and the new 2,2 has power on par with the old 3,0 and a new 6speed auto

I wanted the 3.2 but they couldnt give me a price on it and said the 3.2 would be ready in August to pick up. So I for the 2.2 which they first said April, but after I ordered one they said February it should be available for me to take.

I took it for a test drive and its pretty quiet for a diesel, the only thing I dont like about the 2.2 is there is no reversing camera, seats are not electric and no drink cooler which is what I wanted.

Now I think about it, I got a TV in my CRV and its a life saver in heavy BKK traffic, In the Ranger it looks like it will be very hard to replace, but I am no car expert so maybe they have different mold for that part? not sure.

Next time I go to the motorshow I am leaving the minus at home, the ladies there were nothing short of spectacular and I am a picky guy.

How was the feel of the power of the 2.2 engine? Did you drive a stick or automatic? Did it feel slugish?

How was the feel of the power of the 2.2 engine? Did you drive a stick or automatic? Did it feel slugish?

It wasnt bad but I didnt go over 40 km/h as the car park I drove around was small, it drove nicely but I didnt get to floor it.

The wildtrak 2.2 doesnt come in manual. Not sure if the 3.2 will. I wanted the 3.2 but I am not waiting until the second part of the year.

I think the 2.2 will do fine for Bangkok though so not too worried about the power too much.

In 2003 my DMax 4 door 3,0 auto 4x4 managed 9-11km/liter, and slow and lazy it was with its dated 120 hp

The model I was speaking of is the one prior to the D-Max, but probably the same 3.0 liter engine that wasin the D-Max the first couple of years. I never had an average that low. (Average about 13-13.5), and up to 16-16.5 kpl when giving it some effort. That was 4x4 too, but not double cab. (And left everythin stock, so no mad rims and tires or ridiculous bolt-on parts.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I also went to the motorshow to test drive the 2.2L Wildtrak. Although not much of a test drive...just one short lap around the car park.

The 2.2L Wildtrak is missing several options that the 3.2L will have:

- Rear view camera

- rear sensor

- side and curtain airbags

- power seats

- dual climate A/C

- center console cooler

- Electronic stability control

- Traction control

- Hill descent

I'm also interested in the 2.2L but I really want some of these items especially the ESC, rear camera and side/curtain airbags.

I also went to the motorshow to test drive the 2.2L Wildtrak. Although not much of a test drive...just one short lap around the car park.

The 2.2L Wildtrak is missing several options that the 3.2L will have:

- Rear view camera

- rear sensor

- side and curtain airbags

- power seats

- dual climate A/C

- center console cooler

- Electronic stability control

- Traction control

- Hill descent

I'm also interested in the 2.2L but I really want some of these items especially the ESC, rear camera and side/curtain airbags.

Rear camera is displayed on the electronic auto mirror which also not included. It is the worst rear camera system I have seen with only 2 inch viewing screen in the mirror. I too am disappoint the 4x4 Wildtrak 2.2L auto trans does not include dual climate control or electronic stability control. I can buy a rear camera and rear sensor.

Was in Thailand for few days earlier this week, went to ford but they didnt have any of the ranger 2.2 in showroom just a brochure without any information on the 3.2, noticed they didnt have any of the previous gen based everest though i had seen 30 of them being towed towards bkk on motorway at night time in series of large lorries. I think they will be hard to sell given the new model is soon to be out, suprised that the ford dealership didnt have any stock to show considering how long the ford ranger videos have been out. Went to isuzu/chevy and was suprised that none will come with side airbags, though the trailblazer is likely to be released around april for 1.3-ish.... again this is based on nothing but a salesperson not wanting to appear as though he didnt know rather than any facts.

either way, im beggining to lean towards buying a second hand 4dr truck and wait 2 years rather than buy new as im not in thailand enough.

Edited by caphant