Work Permit And Business With Wife

Hi all,

Having read some infos on work permit and prohibited occupations it s not clear what applies in the case of having a thai wife.

I will move out pretty soon so need to gather all the relevant infos what helps me to subsist in LOS.

I understand what the law says but can the foreign husband get involved in the activities of the wife's business? For example agricultural activities. Is there any legal way to register the foreign husband as co-owner or whatever. And can this person get involved as part of the management for example. What rules apply if yes? What if it was a family run business, how much can the foreigner get involved?

I understand that most of the occupations are prohibited to foreigners. I have looked up for infos on this forum but didnt really find anything.

I do remember that once i found something regarding to business with thai wife but can't find it again.

Hopefully this is the right topic for this issue, thanks for your answers in advance

The restricted occupations are not open to foreigners, married to a Thai or not.

However, manager is not a restricted occupation. The point is that a lot depends on your actual duties and your job description in the work permit.

Moved to the business section for better answers.

probably this is not a popular issue here. Not so many replies :(

So basically there is a way to do the job as a manager and the job description can say what the manager's duties are.

There is a kind of law that foreigner can own 49% of the business, but what is, the owner with 49 % share, permitted to do?

Can I be a manager and a 49% owner too? I would think yes, but not clear

Hopefully there is someone out there who can say more about this, otherwise will have to find some people with the tea money as quickly as possible :jap:

So basically there is a way to do the job as a manager and the job description can say what the manager's duties are.

There is a kind of law that foreigner can own 49% of the business, but what is, the owner with 49 % share, permitted to do?

Hopefully there is someone out there who can say more about this, otherwise will have to find some people with the tea money as quickly as possible :jap:

It does not make any difference if you simply work as a Manager for the Company or own 49% of the Shares and work as a Director - you will still need a Work Permit.

Patrick

Edit : even if you are married to a Thai

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

It does not make any difference if you simply work as a Manager for the Company or own 49% of the Shares and work as a Director - you will still need a Work Permit.

Patrick

Edit : even if you are married to a Thai

Patrick

Yes, and this is when we got to the point. Will I be issued a work permit if the business, partnership, company, sole proprietorship or just as a manager's role are related to the prohibited types of work?

This is basically my main concern. I can dwell for a while, but would like to pay tax as to build a kind of reputation. It would help to obtain a residency permit later.