Cat Cdma Evdo Modem

Gary A

I have a CCU-680 C-motech cdma modem. I was having an awful time finding a router here in Thailand. Most answers from vendors "thought" theirs would work but no guarantees thus no returns if it did not work. I did finally find a vendor who absolutely guarantees his will work. His company also has a variety of antennas for WiFi and other things.

Google thai 3g solutions and you will find his web site. I just ordered it today and will report how it works after I get it.

Thanks for the recommendation for your supplier

I have been using the Cradlepoint MBR 1000 router with my EVDO Modem (Merlin / Novotel 780) and am very happy with it.

Frequent firmware updates mean that the list of supported modems is ever changing (Increasing?)

It would be nice to think that if / when 3G is available in my area the same router will suffice

I would be interested to know how that turns out too,

I have CAT dongle and couldnt find a router anywhere, so just formed a network for the other machines , one machine connects to the net the rest connect through it but this could be what I really wanted to do if it works.

How is your connection these days Gary ?

totster :D

It's up and down like a yo yo. Some times it is quite good but at least half the time it is very slow or stalled. Downloads are usually pretty good.

I have been using the Cradlepoint MBR 1000 router with my EVDO Modem (Merlin / Novotel 780) and am very happy with it.

Frequent firmware updates mean that the list of supported modems is ever changing (Increasing?)

It would be nice to think that if / when 3G is available in my area the same router will suffice

I found one Cradlepoint router that listed the CCU-680 as compatible but I wasn't able to find one in Thailand. Thomas at InvadeIT tried to help me but he wasn't able to find anything that he thought was sure to work. He thought ZyXEL was the best bet but ZyXEL said my modem wasn't compatible with their routers.

I found one Cradlepoint router that listed the CCU-680 as compatible but I wasn't able to find one in Thailand. Thomas at InvadeIT tried to help me but he wasn't able to find anything that he thought was sure to work. He thought ZyXEL was the best bet but ZyXEL said my modem wasn't compatible with their routers.

I bought my router from this Thai supplier. I understand the MBR 1000 has now been superceded by the MBR1200

I bought my router from this Thai supplier. I understand the MBR 1000 has now been superceded by the MBR1200

I definitely would have bought that one if I would have seen it. The only other one that I found compatible was the Cradlepoint PHS300 Personal WiFi 3G/4G Router. It is apparently no longer available. eBay has a lot of them but they warn that they are only guaranteed compatible with the company whose brand they wear. In any case if the one I ordered works well, I saved some money. It cost me 2,350 including delivery.

I got back just over a week ago and the speeds were abysmal, yet Sunday and today have been particularly good, about 4x the speed last week.. no idea why

1606079528.png

totster :D

0.98 / 0.29 / 204

Tested against Singapore.

Download Speed: 352 kbps (44 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 306 kbps (38.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 279 ms

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:14:25 PM

I would be interested to know how that turns out too,

I have CAT dongle and couldnt find a router anywhere, so just formed a network for the other machines , one machine connects to the net the rest connect through it but this could be what I really wanted to do if it works.

Very good fast service and quick delivery via EMS. It is exactly what I wanted. A router for dummies. I plugged everything in and it all works. Since I live out in the boonies, I have not looked at or set passwords, firewall or anything like that. The RJ45 cable is plugged into LAN and it just works, I won't fool with any other settings.