The Rudest Farang I'Ve Ever Seen In Mcdonalds!

JimsKnight

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There I was the other day, enjoying meself in maccy d's well the stupid kid had forgotten the information for my burga, how difficult is it, big mac no sauce, but of course when it arrives there is sauce so i had a few words in the kids ear mainly , no bloody sauce

bloody typical, I saw this emphatic fellow farang and went over to be commiserated. the cheeky blighter moved away when I went and sat next to him, it had already taken me 20 mins to toddle over.

When in Rome do as Rome does,

Unfortunately this is what caused my beloved grandfather his untimely demise. He was on a coach trip to Italy with my gran, took the above words of wisdom from the holiday representative a tad too literally and ended up in the Colosseum battling 5 gladiators and a lion armed with only a rolled up copy of The Sporting Life and a cheese and pickle sandwich. A slight consolation at his funeral was that he apparently put up a good fight for all of 3 seconds.

Seen this a hundred times in the Kingdom, Thai's being verbally abused by a Westerner. We all know it sucks and is wrong, however, from experience turn the other way and don't even think of getting involved which just normally escalates the situation and draws you in to it. As is the case, from many westerners even on this sight, they think they are somewhat superior to the Thais and many superior to everybody else also. Confronting these low brain count people will cause you nothing from trouble. Although this is a great sight, it is overwhelmed with jerks just like you mention. Know it all's that demand first world service in a third world country.

It's not only farang, I saw a Chinese guy screaming orders in English at the staff in an 'off the tourist trail' McDonalds this morning. ;)

He was maybe English, or American, or Australian. Like catholics, you often can't tell, just by looking at them.

SC

It's not only farang, I saw a Chinese guy screaming orders in English at the staff in an 'off the tourist trail' McDonalds this morning. ;)

He was maybe English, or American, or Australian. Like catholics, you often can't tell, just by looking at them.

SC

He was either from HK or China, they have a very distinctive way of speaking English.

SC

Just imagine the future . Wealthy PRC people , factory owners, holyday makers etc , in the US or UK screaming insults , in Putonghua, at caucasian youth working in the local noodle shop because they don't know their fan from their min and pak choi from ho choi .

Nah that's not going to happen is it ?

Edited by onionluke

When they refer to me as farang, in my presence-I call them on it and am not afraid to embarrass them, as I would any racist.

i think you still not get it and your remark is as stupid as your attitude,

Indeed. :thumbsup:

Are there idiots out there who still think the word "farang" is a racist/derogatory term? I'd like to meet you so I can say FARANG to your face over and over again.

When in Rome do as Rome does,

Unfortunately this is what caused my beloved grandfather his untimely demise. He was on a coach trip to Italy with my gran, took the above words of wisdom from the holiday representative a tad too literally and ended up in the Colosseum battling 5 gladiators and a lion armed with only a rolled up copy of The Sporting Life and a cheese and pickle sandwich. A slight consolation at his funeral was that he apparently put up a good fight for all of 3 seconds.

Well I would like to die like my grandfather, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his busload of passengers.biggrin.gif

A Brit wouldnt be carrying a handbag and would have been wearing his obligatoty black socks.

i thought he was still in udon ,

in all my years in thailand i find germans to be the most undesirable rude people, not only to the thai,s.

you want to see them in spain, they think they own the place ,

but,lets be fair and candid , they do pay enough to support the spanish .

:jap:

When they refer to me as farang, in my presence-I call them on it and am not afraid to embarrass them, as I would any racist.

i think you still not get it and your remark is as stupid as your attitude,

Indeed. :thumbsup:

Are there idiots out there who still think the word "farang" is a racist/derogatory term? I'd like to meet you so I can say FARANG to your face over and over again.

lol.. And there are idiots who think is isn't. It depends on the context and the person using it, most of the time it probably isn't used in a bad manner. Try going somewhere upmarket and see how often u hear the word farang used. :whistling:

I really put in some effort to try to move this thread to happier discussions, but apparently it has been dondemned as a perpetual spleenfest, as per the OP.

Perhaps if we all tried together, we could ...

Anyway, back on topic to McDonalds, I think that they appeal to very immature tastes, so the people that go there ot of choice, when disappointed with the service, will react in an immature manner.

My kids love it, but I very much doubt that their mother would let them start ranting and raving at the staff if they got the order wrong or coundn't understand. Most of the McDs I've been to have a laminated "point and grunt" menu anyway, so presumably the victim of the OP's spleen was going beyond the capabilties of his pown communication skills and the laminated menu.

I went to an English-speaking country once; we were in a burger-shop - may have been McDs, may have been somewehere else; let's adjust the dialogue to assume it was a Burger King.

Me: "I'd like a quarterpounder with cheese, please"

Assistant "I beg your pardon, sir?"

Me "I'd like a quarter pounder with cheese, please"

Assistant "I beg you pardon... I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that."

Travelling companion "He wants a quarter pounder with cheese"

Assistant "Oh!"

Me: :"What did I just say?"!!!!

We all have to make allowances for our own communication skills, and also allowances for those that don't realise that. THere's none so well-spoken as me, but plenty that are not as good at hearing.,.

SC

I <snip>

We all have to make allowances for our own communication skills, and also allowances for those that don't realise that. THere's none so well-spoken as me, but plenty that are not as good at hearing.,.

SC

Words of wisdom.

My Gujarati grandmother when visiting us in Cantonese-speaking Hong Kong would bizarrely address the locals in her broken Bengali (because, obviously, HK being outside of Gujarat or Mumbai, the locals couldn't speak Gujarati), and very loudly (for the sake of clarity). When they responded with blank looks, she would complain about their rudeness.

T

I <snip>

SC

Words of wisdom.

My Gujarati grandmother when visiting us in Cantonese-speaking Hong Kong would bizarrely address the locals in her broken Bengali (because, obviously, HK being outside of Gujarat or Mumbai, the locals couldn't speak Gujarati), and very loudly (for the sake of clarity). When they responded with blank looks, she would complain about their rudeness.

T

I said "SHE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR RUDENESS"

just like the English....

I'm the same - I can only remember one foreign language at a time. When I was working elsewhere, I went on a business trip to France, but every time I tried to say something, it came out in Chinese...

SC

So I was right he was not rude at all, he was just British.... Clears it up... :jap:

Ok Mugg, I liked your comment so much I had to incorporate it into my signature line. :lol:

LOL, he was a brit, I knew it!

This is a great quote, I am stealing it as well!!

So I was right he was not rude at all, he was just British.... Clears it up... :jap:

Ok Mugg, I liked your comment so much I had to incorporate it into my signature line. :lol:

What is a Brit?

Is he English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish?

I am from Dorset first, English second and British third.

It is all tribal, ask any Scotsman.

What is a Brit?

I know a few coal black celts .

I worked in Glasgow many years ago and I was totally confused as the waiters in the Chinese, Indian and Italian restaurants I went to looked as though they came from the respective countries but they all spoke with a strong Glaswegian accent and I had no idea what they were talking about.

If you throw in deep fried Mars bars, deep fried haggis and mutton pies it was a strange old place, but the beer was good.

I worked in Glasgow many years ago and I was totally confused as the waiters in the Chinese, Indian and Italian restaurants I went to looked as though they came from the respective countries but they all spoke with a strong Glaswegian accent and I had no idea what they were talking about.

If you throw in deep fried Mars bars, deep fried haggis and mutton pies it was a strange old place, but the beer was good.

We used to throw the pies at Firhill , mostly at Queen of the South supporters.

What is a Brit?

What is a Brit. Hmmmmmmmmmm, lucky dip time. :huh:

Write all the countries of the planet, each on a piece of paper. Chuck them in a bin, shake them about, pick one out AND yes, you have won a Brit. :lol:

"I've been in Thailand for ten years . . . "

This is one of my favorites,

I meet farangs all the time, usually whilst taking a pee.

The usual chat is. Hi. Are you having a good time on holiday? I say yeah im doing fine. n u? They say...well i been here for 10 years blah blah.....thats when i zip up and leave FAST..

I have never met a farang on a visa run or in a bar that has been here for less than 10 years. Usually most have been here for 18 years strangley enough.

:blink:

"I've been in Thailand for ten years . . . "

This is one of my favorites,

I meet farangs all the time, usually whilst taking a pee.

The usual chat is. Hi. Are you having a good time on holiday? I say yeah im doing fine. n u? They say...well i been here for 10 years blah blah.....thats when i zip up and leave FAST..

I have never met a farang on a visa run or in a bar that has been here for less than 10 years. Usually most have been here for 18 years strangley enough.

:blink:

Not with me it aint. Expect a long grey stare. Same for anyone talking to me in the bogs.....I think we've found our rudest farang. bah.gif

What is a Brit?

and lo.......a Scotsman appears!!! ( that's me by the way ).

This" Brit " phrase is used by foreigners who are too lazy to even begin to understand in any way shape or form the concept of Britishness.

I can't be bothered educating them though...........so let the mystery and ignorance continue.

blink.gif

What's wrong with deep fried Mars Bars?

blink.gif

Can he clarify whether the pies were deep fried and also if they in fact contained mutton?

I prefer steak and gravy for my salivating over the keyboard moments.

blink.gif

Can he clarify whether the pies were deep fried and also if they in fact contained mutton?

So my colleague was feeling a bit tight around the chest after eating in the chippie every night while in Glasgow.

"I'll take the healthy option - pizza... Oh no! He's dropped it in the frier! You've dropped the pizza in the frier!"

Italian whistling...

SC

blink.gif

The mutton pies were bought from the chippy and were in the warmer above the fryers. I assumed that they contained mutton but as I cannot speak Jock and had no friendly translator I assumed that was what I ordered.

I left one on the table in case I got hungry in the night and there was enough congealed fat to do a grease up on a 747 and it didn't smell that good either.

I didn't either after a few pints, 2 mutton pies and chips and something I don't remember eating.

The toilet area was declared a disaster area for the day.

I am sorry for wandering off topic but I had a funny few moments then.

Edited by billd766