Yet Another Supercheap

stevehaigh

there a new supercheap going up in rawai, about 100m down from the tesco/lotus

i wish i could buy shares in that place, the company seems to be growing like a virus. and the instant a new shop opens, its packed, 24 hrs a day. not surprisingly too, they are usually well stocked and far cheaper than tesco and 7

for example, gillette vector razor blades, tesco 117 baht, supercheap 49 baht! the baby tesco in rawai will be ghost town when the supercheap opens, and they deserve it too, nothing is ever in stock and in the unlikely event you find something you want, the price is way high

when supercheap eventually expands beyond phuket, they will take the country by storm.

There is one that just opened not long ago up from the Tops minimart on Sai Yuan. Where's this one in Rawai going to be? On Viset?

yes, just opposite Soi Masajit

the isles are tiny, they have managed to keep some of the craziness of the big supercheap, but with aircon

Edited by stevehaigh

it's good for most things(especially non thai beer that they carry) but they dont have many good juices/green tea variety :(

Their bakery is terrible as well.

711 wont die with their good drinks/snacks

What about a super cheap pharmacy like the main one north of PC?

Support your local Mom and Pop store these chain stores are taking away local peoples living

mom and pops do not ever have enough change, they are never happy to do business with you unlike those supercheap girls, they never have anything cold, half the time they dont have what you're looking for and they also dont clean.

Support your local Mom and Pop store these chain stores are taking away local peoples living

I saw an article in the paper where mom and pop shops welcomed the 7-11s and supercheaps...where do you think they do their shopping and get their small notes from? The small mom and pop shops offer credit and some tables and chairs for the locals to have a beer...which is how they survive

Most M&P's that I know are run more as a hobby than a business enterprise. Their purchase of stock tends to be small because of low cash flow, and their mark-ups render them as a last resort except the better ones who sell local fruit, vegetables and herbs. They also usually employ one or two people, as opposed to the new breed of 24 hour convenience stores, which provide local employment for a minimum of 6 in the smallest stores but more usually 10 or 12.

mom and pops do not ever have enough change, they are never happy to do business with you unlike those supercheap girls, they never have anything cold, half the time they dont have what you're looking for and they also dont clean.

There are plenty of mom and pop stores that are clean and friendly. You're just shopping at the wrong ones. Same thing goes with 7-11, some good, and some bad.

I call them inconvenience stores.

They are their own worst enemies, out of date product and dusty shelves.

Let me guess, you are against public transport because it takes away from the tuk tuk drivers living?

I call them inconvenience stores.

They are their own worst enemies, out of date product and dusty shelves.

Let me guess, you are against public transport because it takes away from the tuk tuk drivers living?

The mom and pop store near us is well stocked with lots of goods and has never run out of beer

I am all for public transport especially if it gets people of the road who think they own it and run bikes of the road :)

i have been waiting for your response :cheesy:

Now, there is a good reason to go to Phuket.:whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

There is one that just opened not long ago up from the Tops minimart on Sai Yuan. Where's this one in Rawai going to be? On Viset?

yes, just opposite Soi Masajit

the isles are tiny, they have managed to keep some of the craziness of the big supercheap, but with aircon

The new Supercheap 24 Hour on Viset Road, south of main Tesco is now open.

The store is divided by doors into two areas, the front part airconditioned and the back without.

Customers from their mimimalist environment Thepkasatree Road store might feel more at home in the rear area :)

Rumour has it that they will build another store further south on Viset.

Sanuk