Air Asia + Uk Debit Cards

freedomnow

I think this should be under the travel section, "Visa" section is not visa and mastercard!

The answer to your question is yes, debit cards as well as credit cards are accepted by Air Asia, bear in mind that some airlines do ask to see the card when you check in.

Some do indeed- but NOT AirAsia. Daft easy to pay for someone else.

The FEE to pay differs for the type of card and this should be prety obvious if you had simply followed the menu. However, they do not take those fancy superduper (very high commission) cards like AmEx or Diners. But then those hi-so-flyers likely would not even think of the red birds to use!

However, they do not take those fancy superduper (very high commission) cards like AmEx or Diners. But then those hi-so-flyers likely would not even think of the red birds to use!

Oh yes they do, well at least they take Amex, I don't know about Diners Club though. I always book my Air Asia flights on my Amex Card, that way I get Thai ROP points when I fly Air Asia.

I think this should be under the travel section, "Visa" section is not visa and mastercard!

The answer to your question is yes, debit cards as well as credit cards are accepted by Air Asia, bear in mind that some airlines do ask to see the card when you check in.

I think "pgthompson" has a confusion with the word "Visa". I believe the OP means visa as a Payment card type, rather than a travel document.

Anyway in answer to the OP, it all depends on your card issuer. Some UK card companies like Natwest, HSBC & HBOS/LLOYDS TSB will not allow you book air asian online, this is because they do not follow the European protocal called "Verfied by Visa", This was as of August 2011, So things may have changed since. The payments are automatically declined regarless of funds.

I booked a couple of Air Asia flights from Krabi to Bangkok and another from Bangkok to Singapore this last week using a Natwest Visa debit card. Just ensure you complete the transaction in local currency when prompted to continue in your home currency.I have also used my UK Visa debit on Thai and Bangkok Airways websites as well.