'No Thaksin Role' In Cabinet Reshuffle: Noppadon

webfact

'No Thaksin role' in Cabinet reshuffle

THE NATION

Meeting between MPs and ex-PM 'routine', all moves up to Yingluck, says Noppadon

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would have no role in any Cabinet reshuffle, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said.

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has sole jurisdiction over the line-up in her cabinet," he said.

Noppadon insisted Thaksin had never indicated to anyone that he would be involved in green-lighting a Cabinet reshuffle after the New Year holiday.

Some Pheu Thai MPs, who spoke on condition of anonymity, claimed to have heard Thaksin making remarks to that effect when they paid him a visit in Hong Kong last week.

Speculation on a possible Cabinet reshuffle would only cause confusion, Noppadon said.

Thaksin is confident in Yingluck's leadership, and should a Cabinet reshuffle happen, the changes will reflect job performance rather than political rhetoric, he said.

Noppadon said the meeting between Thaksin and Pheu Thai MPs in Hong Kong was a routine matter and had no bearing on the Cabinet line-up. It was normal to seek Thaksin's advice because of his vast experience, but MPs and ministers must follow policy directives given by Yingluck, he said.

Meanwhile, Deputy Transport Minister Kittisakdi Hathasongkroh dismissed speculation about a rift between him and Transport Minister Sukampol Suwannathat.

Kittisakdi said he had no trouble working with Sukampol, although some Pheu Thai MPs might not be happy about being denied access to the minister. He said he did not object to Sukampol's intervention to line up members of state-enterprise boards, adding that he would have a problem only if he could not work with those board members.

He refused to speculate about the Cabinet line-up, saying the issue would hinge on the main coalition party's decision.

Should a problem arise in his ministry, he said he and Sukampol could work it out, and would not need to trouble either the prime minister or Thaksin to intervene.

Later, Sukampol held a press conference with his two deputies denying that he had any conflicts with either of them.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said he was not worried about the possibility of a Cabinet reshuffle.

"I will stay [on the job] if I can and I will leave if I have to," he said.

Chalerm said he had just returned from a visit to Beijing, and had not been following the reshuffle issue.

Democrat MP Thepthai Senpong said Yingluck should reshuffle her Cabinet without delay. The Cabinet line-up had been flawed from the start because several capable individuals responsible for drafting government policies failed to get ministerial appointments, he said.

He urged Yingluck to shore up confidence by conducting an immediate reshuffle, instead of buying time while waiting for the expiry of five-year political bans on 111 executives of the Thai Rak Thai party.

The barred executives have been tipped to join the government once they are eligible to resume holding political office in May.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-07

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra would have no role in any Cabinet reshuffle, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama said.

He's never had anything to do with the Cabinet....

Thaksin Calls In To 'Instruct' Thai Cabinet

Thai Cabinet Endorses Thaksin Amnesty Plan

Cabinet Line-Up To Show Thaksin's Resolve

Thaksin Tells Pheu Thai Ministers To Resign Party-List MPs

Interior Ministry Reshuffle Waiting On Thaksin

Thai PM-Elect Yingluck Denies Thaksin Picking Cabinet

If there was one person who could out-perform Thaksin for lying chronically and consistently, it would be Noppadon.

If Noppadon says 'no Thaksin role' .....then you can bet your first-born that it's a lie.

How could he have a position if he can't come in the country? Seems like another waste of space article to me....................

Have you heard of the telephone or email?

How could he have a position if he can't come in the country? Seems like another waste of space article to me....................

The wonders of modern communications. Maybe a little catchup is required.

Did I miss something Why? its very possible im not the sharpest knife in the drawer.....

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has sole jurisdiction over the line-up in her cabinet," he said.

I'm 100% sure that isn't true.

Have to disagree with you she does have sole jurisdiction over the line up in the Cabinet.

She just dosen't have the ball's to use it.B)

I'm 100% sure that isn't true.

Have to disagree with you she does have sole jurisdiction over the line up in the Cabinet.

She just dosen't have the ball's to use it.B)

She was put in her position. I can guarantee that those that put her there don't let her do what she wants.

With the number of 'cabinet' meetings conducted without her presence, I would wonder if she remembers who all the folks are. As far as Nappadon's reliability on anything that he says, I am waiting for anything truthful.

With the vast info, records, etc avaliable in today's world, you would think some people would realize that it takes seconds to retrieve contradictory/false statements.

ahhhhh got it now, silly me heres me thinking you actually had to not only be born in a country but also reside in it to hold office..... who knew with technology like email and mobile phones (pure black magic in my book) those stipulations went out the window!! watch out Cameron im buying a phone today and i'm coming after yer job!!!

Yingluck first target for Cabinet reshuffle: Democrat

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should stand first in the line to be shuffled out of the Cabinet, Democrat MP Warong Dechgitvikrom said on Wednesday.

"The prime minister does not fit to serve due to lack of information since she has been delegating ministers to answer questions on her behalf," he said.

Warong said the government had no justification to cite the flood crisis as shield for its lack of achievements since assuming office in August.

He said he could not speculate on the extent of the Cabinet reshuffle because this would hinge on the job performance of each minister and the perception of the man who gave them the job.

He was making a veiled attack on former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra who reported played a decisive role in forming the government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-07

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should stand first in the line to be shuffled out of the Cabinet, Democrat MP Warong Dechgitvikrom said on Wednesday.

There's the old adage of "be careful what you wish for..."

Yes, she's been lousy as expected... But look who's looking to take her place...from Dubai. :ph34r:

"The prime minister does not fit to serve due to lack of information since she has been delegating ministers to answer questions on her behalf," he said.

Warong said the government had no justification to cite the flood crisis as shield for its lack of achievements since assuming office in August.

He said he could not speculate on the extent of the Cabinet reshuffle because this would hinge on the job performance of each minister and the perception of the man who gave them the job.

He was making a veiled attack on former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra who reported played a decisive role in forming the government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-07

Nobody listens to what the Democrats say excepting the converted. Still they have amusement value in their utter inability to understand how the country os changing, their utter inability to wion elections, their delusional attempts to think they can win an election without ever changing, their inability to be economically serious, and seeing no need to change a leader proven utterly inept while in office and who remains totally discredited and hated across much of the country.

While the oppositions job is to critiicse government, it is also to offer a credible and electable alternative and it is here that the democrats are letting the entire country down by pandering to outmoded concepts that the people repeatedly reject. If they want to do the country a service, while knocking goevrenment they should look to their own failaings and change rather than delusionally thinking the coutnry will change back to the way they want them. Short of this the Democrats will be repeatedly rejected at the ballot box enabling the veryu one party system they fear to have a better chanc eof taking root. A good start would be to remove their useless leader and pick someone more acceptable to people across the poltical divide. As PTP have shown, you can change leader sfairly easily and still win elections.

ahhhhh got it now, silly me heres me thinking you actually had to not only be born in a country but also reside in it to hold office..... who knew with technology like email and mobile phones (pure black magic in my book) those stipulations went out the window!! watch out Cameron im buying a phone today and i'm coming after yer job!!!

I assume that one of your first tasks when you get the job would be to get BiB to round up all the rascally Brits in Pattaya and send them home to sit on the green benches in the Palace of Westminster. We could have a competition then with the US about who has the most crooks representing the people.

Nobody listens to what the Democrats say excepting the converted. Still they have amusement value in their utter inability to understand how the country os changing, their utter inability to wion elections, their delusional attempts to think they can win an election without ever changing, their inability to be economically serious, and seeing no need to change a leader proven utterly inept while in office and who remains totally discredited and hated across much of the country.

While the oppositions job is to critiicse government, it is also to offer a credible and electable alternative and it is here that the democrats are letting the entire country down by pandering to outmoded concepts that the people repeatedly reject. If they want to do the country a service, while knocking goevrenment they should look to their own failaings and change rather than delusionally thinking the coutnry will change back to the way they want them. Short of this the Democrats will be repeatedly rejected at the ballot box enabling the veryu one party system they fear to have a better chanc eof taking root. A good start would be to remove their useless leader and pick someone more acceptable to people across the poltical divide. As PTP have shown, you can change leader sfairly easily and still win elections.

Can you actually make a case citing examples, for the utterly inept, totally discredited, hated and useless comments you direct at Abhisit, without simply resorting to, well he got comprehensively beaten, so therefore he must have been all those things?

Yes the man failed miserably in terms of getting re-elected, no question, but that was not necessarily a barometer of how he did whilst in charge, it could as easily be a barometer of who people preferred to take them forward.

Can you actually make a case citing examples, for the utterly inept, totally discredited, hated and useless comments you direct at Abhisit, without simply resorting to, well he got comprehensively beaten, so therefore he must have been all those things?

Yes the man failed miserably in terms of getting re-elected, no question, but that was not necessarily a barometer of how he did whilst in charge, it could as easily be a barometer of who people preferred to take them forward.

The level of debt his government got the coutnry into and saddled it with for years swamped governments from the past. Even the military government didnt manage that and as most know Thaksin was redcuing debt.

We shouldnt mention the menaingless statements on the bomb sniffer box thing.

Quite a few people countrywide have him down as a Suchinda style character.

Usual corrupt goverment with nothing done inspite of the usual Dem style promise to be different.

Disappearing at a time of national crisis.

Investigations into certain things seen as white wash attempts internationally.

Choosing a cabinet that was largely seen as inept

The way the government was formed and what uit was linked to even though he had personally demanded elections only shortly before.

Mishandling the red shirts thing and then mishandling the subsequesnt investiagtion which links directly to the point above.

Squashing dems with alternative ideas

Police chief problem

Changing the constitution in a gerrymandering way and one that made vote buying easier according to just about every analyst

Kasit

Cambodia

Damaging Thailand's interantional standing

Etc.

I would say that is a pretty good description of inept and a portfolio that probably aided in the 100 seat loss to his main opponents to lead government. Lets see whether Yingluck can achieve a litany of such abhorence and see her party then lose by a 100 seat margin to the main opponent for government. I think it will take some doing

The level of debt his government got the coutnry into and saddled it with for years swamped governments from the past. Even the military government didnt manage that and as most know Thaksin was redcuing debt.

We shouldnt mention the menaingless statements on the bomb sniffer box thing.

Quite a few people countrywide have him down as a Suchinda style character.

Usual corrupt goverment with nothing done inspite of the usual Dem style promise to be different.

Disappearing at a time of national crisis.

Investigations into certain things seen as white wash attempts internationally.

Choosing a cabinet that was largely seen as inept

The way the government was formed and what uit was linked to even though he had personally demanded elections only shortly before.

Mishandling the red shirts thing and then mishandling the subsequesnt investiagtion which links directly to the point above.

Squashing dems with alternative ideas

Police chief problem

Changing the constitution in a gerrymandering way and one that made vote buying easier according to just about every analyst

Kasit

Cambodia

Damaging Thailand's interantional standing

Etc.

I would say that is a pretty good description of inept and a portfolio that probably aided in the 100 seat loss to his main opponents to lead government. Lets see whether Yingluck can achieve a litany of such abhorence and see her party then lose by a 100 seat margin to the main opponent for government. I think it will take some doing

Well, if you want to make comparisons with Yingluck, i would say she has already ticked a lot of the above boxes... spending going up (if delivering populist promises), usual corrupt government, disappearing at time of national crisis, choosing inept cabinet.... as well as some new boxes, such as mismanaged, if managed at all, disaster relief, dodging questioning and passing responsibility, crying on TV... and this is only a few months in.

But i wouldn't call her utterly inept, uselss or discredited... well, not yet. She needs time to prove herself. And as for Abhisit, i think he did prove himself in many areas, those you choose to ignore. His term was of course dogged with continual violent disruption, masterminded by his opposition and with the intention of stopping him working - which allowed them to accuse him of not getting stuff done - and attempting to topple him. The way in which he worked through all this trouble - trouble that Yingluck will not be made to endure if she can simply refrain from whitewashing her brother, or blatantly bending the law in his favour - was in the most part extremely restrained and diplomatic, and i can't think of one other Thai politician who would have handled it any better - most would have handled it much worse.

The other achievement which few before Abhisit can claim to make, is he made it through his term with not a single personal accusation - at least not one with substance or that could stick - of in some way enriching himself or his family. Yes the Dems may be as dirty and as corrupt as the rest of them, but Abhisit set a new and fresh example of how it is possible to rise to the top, but remain clean - well as clean as you are ever going to get for a politician. Perhaps this didn't mean a lot to you. I think you have to start somewhere though, and having the leader of the country set an example is massive.

Perhaps Yingluck can follow this trend of cleanliness, in spite of her family. Would be nice.

Getting back to Abhisit, i think for you to right him and his term off so thoroughly and completely, as if all his positive contributions meant nothing, reflects less in the job he did and more in the sudden post election swing we have all witnessed in your political persuasions.