Legal Coffee Shop In Town

expatmakmak

Chop cafe mak! But still find it difficult to find a reliable source here in Chiang Mai, that ticks ALL the boxes.

Well today I stumbled across a real gem. I thought I would share my kwam sook with my expat brethren.

The shop in question is on Samlan Road near Brateu Suanphrung. Cosy shop and great coffee maaaak mak (both yen and lorn!). Certainly not a case of deja brew here!

Sounds good, but there is even more! They also offer free legal advice! Before any cheap charlies flock down there hoping to get a free divorce with their Cha yen, it must be added that it is only advice. Actual legal actions would, I assume, have to be paid for on a separate bill.

The shop is called Coffee by Lawyer and, as I mentioned earlier, is on Samlan Road (at the end near Suanphrung) on the left if you are driving away from Wat Prasing.

The best coffee in town? I'll let you be the judge (pun intended mak mak!)

guano.

re .. I'll believe it when Dave2 produces a photo of it.

sorry i cant : ( ... but hes right !... its about 100 yards to the right of this lanna translation shop

and the lawyers coffe shop has been open about two years ish ?

dave2

post-42592-0-02643300-1323862753_thumb.j

There used to be a Coffee shop in Chotana soi 4, but it didn't sell coffee! One time you may guess what it did sell.

Coffee by proctologist? :rolleyes: Hat tip to jingthing

You may find they still do offer somethign similar :whistling:

Paagai, you clearly know the one I mean. But we won't patronise it, will we?

I seem to recall Ian Forbes posting something of a review about this place a while back. It seemed there was something "fishy" about the operation; I've forgotten the details. I may drop in myself as I am thinking of starting a new business here, and I need some legal eagle to help me sift through employment laws.

The lawyer bit is certainly interesting.

For coffee aficionados pay a visit to Ristr8tto Nimmanhemin road between Soi 2 and Soi 3. But, be warned: It's highly addictive.

Ristr8tto is a serious gourmet coffee place the likes of which you'd find in San Francisco and elsewhere on the West coast, NYC, Sydney, Brisbane, and so on. I am still amazed that a place like this has found its way to Chiang Mai. They have single origins and world champion coffee roaster blends. The barista/owner Arnon is a word champion latte artist so he does this kind of thing:

post-20814-0-64493700-1324004054_thumb.j

There's also 9th St. Coffe on Soi 9; and Impresso on the crossover between Soi 11 and Soi 13 next to a tapas place. Those also have seriously good special blend coffees. All of these guys you'll see at the Barista championships in Chiang Mai, there seems to be a whole scene developing very rapidly.

For coffee aficionados pay a visit to Ristr8tto Nimmanhemin road between Soi 2 and Soi 3. But, be warned: It's highly addictive.

Ristr8tto is a serious gourmet coffee place the likes of which you'd find in San Francisco and elsewhere on the West coast, NYC, Sydney, Brisbane, and so on. I am still amazed that a place like this has found its way to Chiang Mai. They have single origins and world champion coffee roaster blends. The barista/owner Arnon is a word champion latte artist so he does this kind of thing:

I happened to notice this place the other night while at the NAP Festival. It was absolutely packed with customers. Looked (and smelled) really good. Being a caffeine junkie it sparked my attention since most coffee shops here all serve very mediocre coffee IMHO.

What's next? Coffee by proctologist?

Just got back to CNX from BKK. One of my friends went to Yanhee Hospital, had a coffee colon cleansing - 30 litres in 60 minutes !!

Was that au lait, with or without sugar?

Dam... Mai Wan...

A true coffee lover! biggrin.gif

So instead of going to a real lawyer's office and getting an hour's worth of advice for free AND a free cup of coffee, you go to a coffee shop run by a lawyer(?) who can't make enough income in a real lawyer's office and PAY for a cup of coffee............:blink:

I happened to notice this place the other night while at the NAP Festival. It was absolutely packed with customers. Looked (and smelled) really good. Being a caffeine junkie it sparked my attention since most coffee shops here all serve very mediocre coffee IMHO.

Sorry, must disagree with you, I think the coffee here on the whole is very good, ok not amazing but very good. Most coffee in the UK is pretty rubbish, most coffee here is nice, full and strong, doesn't quite reach the heights of the NZ flat white though. This place on nimmen sounds very interesting, may have to check it out.

So instead of going to a real lawyer's office and getting an hour's worth of advice for free AND a free cup of coffee, you go to a coffee shop run by a lawyer(?) who can't make enough income in a real lawyer's office and PAY for a cup of coffee............:blink:

I think it's actually a pretty brilliant idea. A law office is a place with a fairly high threshold for ordinary people to walk into. If you can somehow make yourself more approachable as a lawyer and offer a low-pressure/no obligation way to test the waters then I think that is a very smart thing to do.