Min Salary For Wp

I understand that that immigration sets min salary requirements for visa extensions based upon nationality, but are there also min salary requirements for issuing WP as well?

For example, if someone is married to a Thai national they only need 40k per month for yearly visa extension. Would the labor dep issue a WP for this salary?

I am asking , as our company may be opening up an entry level position where applicants can be either Thai or Foreign nationals and want to understand the regulations involved.

Issuing a WP should not be any issue, as the company meets requirements to issue many more WP than we would ever need, but salary would not be that high, as it is just entry level position. That being said, the employee would be dealing with overseas partners all the time, so this is why foreign Nationals are being considered for the position.

As far as I know, there is no minimum salary requirement for the work permit. It has to be expected that if a low salary is stated, the Employment Department may wonder why there is no Thai national available to do the job but as you mentioned this criterion is already met and if it the low expatriate salary is satisfactorily explained to the Employment Department there should be no problem with the work permit.

I don't know from what country your prospective expatriate employees will be be but do you really expect them to survive in Thailand on a salary from THB 25,000 to THB 50,000 per month, depending on nationality?

Thank you for your reply and to be honest I am not sure if any will be interested.

As to the lower salary,it is likely that the applicant will not have had any previous experience in freight forwarding, so they will be starting from ground zero.

That being said, the company also does have yearly bonus/profit sharing program which is based upon performance over the year. Also as the company is quite large (aprox 1,000 people in the group), so there is room for advancement.

I have seen many people make posts on this forum and others over the years saying that there are little or no opportunities for many but teaching and there are many working as teachers at government schools making 30k a month (same salary as W10 yrs ago) who may have good business backgrounds and do not view themselves as teachers, but just have not had an opportunity to work in any other field.

Given this I think some may be interested...

I realize that this is not the correct forum for job posting, so I will not go into any more details in this forum about the job or company, but just wanted to respond to some of your points above. I will make a post in the jobs section later this weekend with more details.

Income requirement per nationality is an immigration requirement, not a labour office requirement for a work permit. Also there are a few exemptions to the minimum salary requirement:

teachers, members of the media and I believe people working for the governement.

I think you may be getting immigration requirements and labour requirements mixed up. Afaik labour don't dictate a minimum wage. Immigration however do require an income of 40k for a couple. That's joint income so if one's already earning, the other only needs to earn the difference to make it up to 40k. I could be wrong...

Immigration requirement is for extension of stay and applies only to the applicant and varies by nationality. Labor local office may set there own criteria for issue of a work permit it seems and have seen 30k mentioned in that regard.