Tul To Impeach Fm Surapong

Lite Beer

Tul to impeach FM Surapong

The Nation

Multicolour-shirt leader Tul Sithisomwong on Tuesday indicated his intent to launch impeachment proceedings against Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul.

Tul met with Senate Speaker Teeradej Meepien to formalise his impeachment intent as per the Constitution.

He charged Surapong of abuse of power to repeal the passport ban in order to reissue the travel document for fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinwatra in October.

Surapong's alleged offence falls under Article 157 of the Criminal Code.

The proceedings will begin with a campaign to solicit 20,000 signatures from voters to back up the impeachment motion to be lodged with the Senate.

The upper chamer will, in turn, forward the motion to the National Anti Corruption Commission for launch an inquiry. Should the NACC find cause to suspect foul play, the impeachment trial would commence.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-20

I would also add to that process of impeachment the aptitude of the man who has no qualifications relevant to the position he holds.

He has been appointed soley to do one thing. Bring back Taksin to Thailand by changing the law for this one person. That must be sufficent grounds for impeachment.

Before he goes maybe he could supply me with a Thai passport and citizenship..

Minister Faces Impeachment for Returning Thaksin's Passport

A civic group has filed a request to impeach the foreign affairs minister over his involvement in the return of fugitive former PM Thaksin Shinawatra's passport.

The group has also planned to file a petition to the anti-graft panel to incriminate officials of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Members of the Network of Citizen Volunteers Protecting the Land led by Tul Sitthisomwong launched a campaign to collect 20,000 signatures to impeach Foreign Affairs Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul.

The group today filed an impeachment request against the foreign affairs minister with Senate Speaker General Theeradej Meepian.

The group claimed its constitutional right under Article 274 of the Constitution to gather more than 20,000 signatures to seek an impeachment of the foreign affairs minister.

The move came after Surapong decided to reinstate fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's passport which is against the Foreign Affairs Ministry's regulations.

The group also issued a statement condemning the Pheu Thai government led by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, saying this administration only aims to help Thaksin since it took the office.

The statement said the Yingluck government is trying to find legal loopholes to clear Thaksin of his past wrongdoings, reinstate his passport and prepare to amend the Constitution to benefit the fugitive ex-PM.

The civic group also vowed to collect further evidence to file a motion with the National Anti-Corruption Commission to incriminate officials of the Foreign Affairs Ministry who were involved with the return of Thaksin's passport.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-12-20

footer_n.gif

Thai politicians, who needs 'em? Certainly not the Thai people. The country is in a mess, it's reputation sinking all the time, and all they do is argue over one of the fugitive ex-leader's passports. Get some perspective for the people's sake...... that's the people you were elected to serve.

Thai politicians, who needs 'em? Certainly not the Thai people. The country is in a mess, it's reputation sinking all the time, and all they do is argue over one of the fugitive ex-leader's passports. Get some perspective for the people's sake...... that's the people you were elected to serve.

understand where you are coming from, but I think this abuse of power needs to be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later for the long term good of the country.

The multi-coloured shirts struggle to get 500 protesters together these days, where are they going to get the 20,000 signatures from?

Spent force.

You find your self eating these words

I know 13 people in my circle who are willing to do so right now

and that will snow ball if I know my Thai wife when she starts talking

You can beat most things

But not the Thai Girl Grapevine when it does not involve senior members of the family

The multi-coloured shirts struggle to get 500 protesters together these days, where are they going to get the 20,000 signatures from?

Spent force.

So you consider that it would only be multi-coloured shirt members who would be interested to sign the petition?

I suggest your a little short sighted.

That is incorrect. Their are senior Pheu Thai MP's on record that state the election mandate was a vote to bring back Thaksin. It should be crystal clear that this bunch of thievies and thugs mandate was not to govern but to bring back the convicted criminal. Besides between the lot of them they barely have the brain cells to know how to run a country.

The last Democrat government did at least have the skills to do that, but when you have the bulk of the people happy to receive their ฿500 for their parliamentary term "benefit" then the incompetence they now get they richly deserve. Let them eat cake rice.

Edited by Roadman