Christmas Diner

hellodolly

Any other suggestions for a traditional UK Xmas dinner? Just phoned Meridian and no Xmas dinner tomorrow on Xmas day?! Just a 'Brunch', whatever that is!

If you mean Le Meridian, it is a full Christmas Dinner with lots of exotic stuff like imported smoked salmon and nice cheeses.

Any other suggestions for a traditional UK Xmas dinner? Just phoned Meridian and no Xmas dinner tomorrow on Xmas day?! Just a 'Brunch', whatever that is!

Been a bit quiet for suggestions this year! Surprising for TV members!

Happy Xmas.

Actually just found this....http://www.chiangmai...wfa.php?id=2013

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure that Le Meridien is having a Christmas dinner buffet as will as a lunch buffet.

i think he meant dinner not diner otherwise known as a greasy spoon.

Whats the scoop on the Holiday Inn buffet for Christmas day?

We went to the Holiday Inn for Thanksgiving...absolutely lousy! Nothing was hot. They had to reheat my turkey, stuffing (if you could call it that), gravy, etc. A poor selection of entrees and desserts...we will never go there again. The normal Sunday buffet was better

I had the same experience last year. They also served something called 'pumpkin mash' for mashed potatoes that was a blend of mash potatoes and pumpkin. It really was not good.

Happy Xmas.

Thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure that Le Meridien is having a Christmas dinner buffet as will as a lunch buffet.

Be careful. That is an old link and the schedules and prices do not apply to this year.

Happy Xmas.

Be careful. That is an old link and the schedules and prices do not apply to this year.

Oh yeah, thanks for that, I see it is for 2007! Everyone ignore me!!! Doh!

Anyone have any new info on where to have a proper Christmas diner at a reasonable price? The last post was at 09:10. I'm hoping that someone out there has ran across the perfect place today and just hasn't posted yet. I'm still undecided. I don't see many choices for Christmas Diner under 1,000 baht.

I too was at Le Merdien. They extended seating out into the lobby to accomodate the enormous crowd, many who abandoned the more popular excessively over-priced restaurants that did not offer nearly the quality, quantity, and superior service enjoyed at Le Meridien.

Edited by New2LOS