Tour To Long Nec Village From Chiang Mai

Grawburg

We will be in CM for a few days in February and wanted to take a day trip to the longneck village. Private tours are B1500 per person which for 3 adults and 2 kids is too much. I'd consider renting a car and driving up there, but not exactly sure where to go. My Thai is basic, but our Thai housekeeper will be with us.

Would it be cheaper to wait till we get up there and find a local tour company? Or find a car/driver and rent them for a day to go up there? Thoughts?

(You can save the bandwidth with the claims of human zoos, etc....I'm going anyway.)

You can combine a trip to Baan Tong Luang, which is a hill tribe tourist camp which includes the "long necks" and the Mae Sa Elephant camp, as they are close to each other up the Mae Sa Valley Rd, about 10km west of Mae Rim. There are countless other tourist attractions along that road, all well signed in English. Tong Luang is a bit cheesy, but it is not a human zoo where the inhabitants are locked inside the fence.

find a car/driver and rent them for a day so you can visit a few more places such as elephant camp etc..

Second that.

Friends and myself hired a mini van and driver for all day to go where we wanted to go.

The cost was 1,200 baht. Probably could have got it cheaper but with three of us we were happy with a mini van not crowded in with 6 others on the tour.

As the language will be no problem to you it will be a great outing.

Enjoy