Getting A Credit Card In Thailand

In the USA, you can virtually get a credit card as long as you are alive and can fill out a form.

But it seems more difficult in thailand for a Thai citizen to get a credit card, and it seems easier for a Thai citizen to disappear and avoid paying bank debts.

Is it difficult for the average thai citizen to get a credit card?

According to this Bangkok Bank weblink the basic requirement is: you must be at least 20 years of age and have an average monthly income of at least 15,000 Bt along with a credit history which passes their criteria (whatever that criteria may be). See the weblink for more info.

I expect most Thai banks use roughly the same requirements.

Edited by Pib

According to this Bangkok Bank weblink the basic requirement is: you must be at least 20 years of age and have an average monthly income of at least 15,000 Bt along with a credit history which passes their criteria (whatever that criteria may be). See the weblink for more info.

Thanks to all for your responses.

From what I have seen, its probably the easiest country in the world to get a credit card.

My staff have so many of them, (one has 11) we have had to discuss their use and abuse as well as the potential for financial problems further down the track.