Ny Pizza House On 3Rd Rd--Excellent

gguy

Had the thin crust double pep. at NY Pizza House.

Excellent.

Dined In.

Good sauce, lots of pep. on top, cheesy, and crust was not ultra thin but crispy.

Does alot of take out and delivery business.

I was the only one eating in.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The prices are comparable to Pizza Hut maybe 10 to 20% lower.

They put a lot of cheese on the pizzas. Pizza ingrediants are expensive.

I used to like Pattaya Pizza delivery but the quality has gone done the last 6 months.

The takeout customers seem to be previous customers. Most ordered without looking at the menu.

That pizza shop doesn't pay tax?

They surely do, but they probably include obligatory taxes and charges in the published price, which is normal procedure in Europe and is also normal practice in Thailand. The US practice of showing prices plus taxes/charges is bizarre.

Any place doing + or ++ pricing here is just trying to make their prices look lower than they really are. And that is quite simply dishonest.

No reason why they should be at all. All the ingredients are potentially available locally (even down to real mozzarella made from buffalo milk).

Pizzas are just hugely overpriced in Thailand, like many other things.

Will never recognize Pizza Company or Pizza Hut as pizzas. It all tastes like a cheap, overdeveloped hot dog, it's the first thing that comes in mind when I say JUNK food

Edited by alexth

Still prefer Pizza Company, best value for money in my opinion and consistent good quality - unlike some of the pretenders.

When I go to the Pizza Company you always get a new menu with the new HIGHER prices.

I just prefer the Pizza Company taste, anytime i have tried American/New York style pizza they always seem very greasy / slimy, i think it must be the kind of cheese they usebah.gif

No reason why they should be at all. All the ingredients are potentially available locally (even down to real mozzarella made from buffalo milk).

Pizzas are just hugely overpriced in Thailand, like many other things.

Can't agree here...the "medium" size at NY pizza if pretty close to a large American pizza and the large is close to an extra large. In any case, the price for a medium with 3 toppings is about B 400 or about US$ 13...at least in the Bay Area where I'm from, you will pay the same (or more) for a similar sized/topped pizza pie.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, so here goes.

At our very own New York Pizza House they serve a quite unusual food item -- the PONZONE.

Personally it is the very first time I have ever seen this item, in the US, Italy, Thailand, or anywhere.

The Pizza House was started by pizza people from Cortland, New York where they also offer PONZONE, in that case, four kinds. In Pattaya, you can choose from two kinds.

What is a PONZONE? Well, perhaps there is an Italian origin somewhere but to me it tastes very Italian American, in a good way!

post-37101-0-86151100-1325092713_thumb.j

It is kind of a stuffed sandwich with the dough baked over it, topped with cheese. No, it is not a calzone. You could say it is kind of like a hybrid calzone, sub sandwich, pizza, and Italian burrito all rolled into one. Or you could say it is delicious. Because it is.

A great deal and plenty of meat too for a mere 199 baht (definitely more than you will get on a small pizza with one topping)!

1. Meatballs Ponzone .……..…฿199Meatballs, Fried Sweet Peppers & Onions and Mozzarella Cheese, Rolled Into a Flat Bread Covered With Sauce and Mozzarella , Then Baked.

2. Sausages Ponzone ……….…..฿199

Sausage , Fried Sweet Peppers & Onions and Mozzarella Cheese, Rolled Into a Flat Bread. Covered With Sauce and Mozzarella , Then Baked.

http://www.nypizzahouse.com/?p=81

Picture from their New York USA location; the dish looks quite the same in Pattaya:

post-37101-0-08887700-1325091998_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Yes - I had a meatball Ponzone the night before I left. Never heard of one before either.

Really really good - lots of meat, lots of cheese. And the fried onions and peppers inside make it almost 'Philly'.

One problem though - I think one must order a lot of "extra sauce" on it, as it only came with a little dab on top. Especially needs it as it is so loaded with cheese. Other than that - great...

Very thin dough wrapped almost like a burrito - Italian meatball burrito!

Can't agree here...the "medium" size at NY pizza if pretty close to a large American pizza and the large is close to an extra large. In any case, the price for a medium with 3 toppings is about B 400 or about US$ 13...at least in the Bay Area where I'm from, you will pay the same (or more) for a similar sized/topped pizza pie.

I dont know about the prices in the US but in the parts of Europe I have lived in (incl UK) it would be cheaper than here. Of course it does rather depend on the size of the pizza and the type of place one buys in, but for a take-away type place I would expect to be paying less. Other parts of SEAsia seem to be cheaper than here also, though my knowledge of pizza there is very limited.

I dont know about the prices in the US but in the parts of Europe I have lived in (incl UK) it would be cheaper than here. Of course it does rather depend on the size of the pizza and the type of place one buys in, but for a take-away type place I would expect to be paying less. Other parts of SEAsia seem to be cheaper than here also, though my knowledge of pizza there is very limited.

The cheapest you would get one in the UK at Dominos would be 450 Baht.

Can't you get 2 on some nights of the week for that ?

Can't you get 2 on some nights of the week for that ?

You can eat two of them??

Edit: My point is you can't buy one for £4.99....or 250 Baht even.

Edited by smokie36

Yes - I had a meatball Ponzone the night before I left. Never heard of one before either.

Really really good - lots of meat, lots of cheese. And the fried onions and peppers inside make it almost 'Philly'.

One problem though - I think one must order a lot of "extra sauce" on it, as it only came with a little dab on top. Especially needs it as it is so loaded with cheese. Other than that - great...

You're right, there is less sauce on top than in the picture. I see your point but I think there was enough sauce well baked into the fillings inside and I didn't find it at all dry, so personally I wouldn't bother ordering more sauce. I also think the meatball is probably a better choice than sausage, as Italian sausage is very fatty and there is a lot of meat.

You're right, there is less sauce on top than in the picture. I see your point but I think there was enough sauce well baked into the fillings inside and I didn't find it at all dry, so personally I wouldn't bother ordering more sauce. I also think the meatball is probably a better choice than sausage, as Italian sausage is very fatty and there is a lot of meat. Too bad they don't offer eggplant parm ponzones Pattaya as they do at their New York location; I would really love that. Edited by Jingthing

I think there was enough sauce well baked into the fillings inside and I didn't find it at all dry, so personally I wouldn't bother ordering more sauce. I also think the meatball is probably a better choice than sausage, as Italian sausage is very fatty and there is a lot of meat. Too bad they don't offer eggplant parm ponzones Pattaya as they do at their New York location; I would really love that.

I agree - the inside was certainly juicy enough, but it was all the cheese on top that I felt needed some extra sauce...

The meatballs were delicious!

I think there was enough sauce well baked into the fillings inside and I didn't find it at all dry, so personally I wouldn't bother ordering more sauce. I also think the meatball is probably a better choice than sausage, as Italian sausage is very fatty and there is a lot of meat. Too bad they don't offer eggplant parm ponzones Pattaya as they do at their New York location; I would really love that.

I agree - the inside was certainly juicy enough, but it was all the cheese on top that I felt needed some extra sauce...

The meatballs were delicious!

Here is the real truth. I would like more sauce on top, but not enough to pay extra for it!