Looking For Thai Language Lessons/School In Rawai Area

stevehaigh

i'd like to improve my thai a bit but i'm not interested in an intensive study course or spending a lot of money

does anyone know, is there is a place to study and improve thai (intermediate level) in the rawai area, somewhere relaxed, fun, possibly a group setting?

thx steve

I go to a school in chalong, if you go right at the circle towards the pier, it's about 100m up on the left. Called TTT language school. Not overly expensive, nice people, I think the teachers are quite nice. whether you find it fun or not will depend on the other pupils in your class.....

I go to a school in chalong, if you go right at the circle towards the pier, it's about 100m up on the left. Called TTT language school. Not overly expensive, nice people, I think the teachers are quite nice. whether you find it fun or not will depend on the other pupils in your class.....

thanks, do you mind sharing how much are the fees? how many studends in the class? thanks

thanks, do you mind sharing how much are the fees? how many studends in the class? thanks

Like Steve I too wish to improve my Thai. However, the TTT website is not very helpful in that it shows they teach many languages except Thai & I cannot find any pricing. Another one which I thought might be OK is Chalong Language School but the link to their website shows the domain name has expired. I just checked the fees at Walen for group courses & they are pretty comparable to the other schools although initially I thought they were more expensive.

Edited by Valentine

Like Steve I too wish to improve my Thai. However, the TTT website is not very helpful in that it shows they teach many languages except Thai & I cannot find any pricing. Another one which I thought might be OK is Chalong Language School but the link to their website shows the domain name has expired. I just checked the fees at Walen for group courses & they are pretty comparable to the other schools although initially I thought they were more expensive.

TTT is 5 mins from my house so i'll take a drive over there today to check it out and report back

Edited by LivinginKata
unnecessary extra comment removed

TTT is 5 mins from my house so i'll take a drive over there today to check it out and report back

the thai class runs on tuesday from 2 to 5pm. the cost is 5000 baht for the session which is about 5 weeks i think. no idea how far they are into the session at the moment but since its the start of the year, maybe the first one.

the lady in the office said to come and sit in next tuesday and see if it works for me before signing up so i guess i'll do that

the thai class runs on tuesday from 2 to 5pm. the cost is 5000 baht for the session which is about 5 weeks i think. no idea how far they are into the session at the moment but since its the start of the year, maybe the first one.

the lady in the office said to come and sit in next tuesday and see if it works for me before signing up so i guess i'll do that

I paid 25k for 200 hours inc a visa, might be cheaper if no visa involved, i attend class 4 hrs per week, so should be good for about a year..... There is about 4 students in my class but it fluctuates a bit when people come and go. They may ask you to try a few different classes to find the correct one for you.