Whats Going On With Pepsi In Cm?

boney

Has anyone tried to get a Sprite, 7 up, Fanta, Coke in any restaurants, fast food outlets in CM? unsure.png

Its impossible to get anything other than Pepsi. Even Palaad Tawanron, only Pepsi.

Many of these outlets advertise other soft drinks, but they only have Pepsi.

I personally dislike Pepsi to the extent I would rather go without a drink than drink it.

What happened to freedom of choice and is this legal?

I would avoid these places if I could, but there are too many to mention where I enjoy the food.

Can anyone shed light on <deleted> is going on?

Frustrated angry.png

Pepsico factory located on road to Lamphun. Coca Cola I don't know where but I guess shortages continue from floods.

Yes its legal. If you opened a shop, would you feel compelled to stock every cola brand available? I'd stock whatever I wanted if I had a shop. Freedom of choice? <deleted>?

Pepsi and Coke have entirely different tastes, to compare one to the other is like calling all high alcohol drinks 'whiskey'

I like both, but IMO Coke is the better of the two. I try to stick to fruit juice or green tea, but must have Coke or Pepsi with a burger or buritto.

That's funny. It's exactly the opposite for me. Every restaurant I go to ONLY has COKE and not PEPSI. And I'd prefer PEPSI anytime over COKE. I haven't seen Pepsi at MACRO lately either or I completely missed it.

As the poster said, he'll just drink water with his meal, probably best to do anyway. I wouldn't be in such an uproar if I didn't get my PEPSI as the poster does.

This is 100% the opposite of the retail scene. Only Coke available through the floods and Pepsi Max has been off the shelves for almost three months.

Still, in the scheme of things it's not exactly earth shatteringly important is it?

Have a healthy and happy new year!

Here in Sattahip the only drinks available at most tesco's etc are coke or big cola, no red fizzy,orange fizzy or sprite in any brand, some smaller shops have in stock a limited amount sometimes. Thats tesco sattahip ban chang and pattaya, even makro. i think the factory must be down.

Not to sound like some snotty world-weary propeller-hatted financial analyst, or anything like that....but there is an epic battle going on in Thailand between Serm Suk (the former official bottlers for Pepsi in Thailand) and Pepsico (huge US multinational food and snack conglomerate).The Thai billlionaire owner of Thai Bev (that's right, 3 "l's" in billionaire; he's that wealthy) is basically through proxies taking away the main bottler and distribution channel for Pepsi in Thailand. It's not just the floods- there is a major pissing match going on now with Pepsico, their bottler and distribution arm in Thailand, and the proxy controlled by ThaiBev. Read all about it in the Bangkok Post business section. Old news; switch to Big Cola produced by happy Peruvians, next question ?

Here in Sattahip the only drinks available at most tesco's etc are coke or big cola, no red fizzy,orange fizzy or sprite in any brand, some smaller shops have in stock a limited amount sometimes. Thats tesco sattahip ban chang and pattaya, even makro. i think the factory must be down.

That's bad luck then. I was in CM Tesco and Makro today and they had all the soft drinks except Pepsi. Enough green, red and orange to float an Ocean Liner.

I think the OP is a troll.

It is only in the last few weeks that Pepsi has been available Even at that they do not have Pepsi Max. Hopefully the pissing match will not stop the production of Pepsi Max. I looked it up on the internet and they actually change the formula in some countries.

My experience with Pepsi over the years has shown me that they will bring out a new product that tastes great. Then they under supply it and drop it from their inventory saying it wasn't selling ignoring the fact they weren't supplying it. A long time ago they sent us a can of coke and a can of Pepsi with the needed parts for a blind taste test. At the time both my wife and I were Coke drinkers. Doing the blind taste test the difference was so obvious we both changed right then.

Burger King also has Coke. Coke is not supplying the big bottles yet of Coke Zero but with a little bit of perseverance you can find it in cans. I think they just changed the label on the can now it also says M=I or 1.

If any one hears some thing about Pepsi Max please pass it on. In the mean time Coke Zero is a close second.

That's bad luck then. I was in CM Tesco and Makro today and they had all the soft drinks except Pepsi. Enough green, red and orange to float an Ocean Liner.

Tops has a lot of Pepsi in the big bottles.

Whether I drink Coca Cola or Pepsi Cola is not a significant life enhancing decision for me.

If I were not able to obtain any of that sugar water extracted from gnat’s urine it wouldn’t bother me in the least.

No, I have more pressing things to worry about, other than from where is my next soft drink coming from.

post-110219-0-06211800-1325431522_thumb.

I love Pepsi, but all the places I go to only have Coke.

PS

Pepsi and Coke have entirely different tastes, to compare one to the other is like calling all high alcohol drinks 'whiskey'

LOL

You put that in on purpose right?

Still makes me laugh how "some" Thais refere to all high alcohol drinks as whiskey

I'm a Pepsi Max addict, 0 calories and good taste. It's missing since the flood and I replaced it with the Coke Zero (difficult to find too and loses the comparison)

+ 1....... now 3 months No Pepsi Max, there again No Pepsi or Coke of any kind around me, notice some sort of Coke has arrive in the past few days called 'The Big Coke' 1.5 lt bottles......... Friday went to Makro, Tesco Lotus, as well as the small shops 7/11 and Express ALL = NO Coke and No Pepsi, even garages [petrol stations] do not have Coke of Pepsi in bottles or in there machines..

Did find 2 pk of Pepsi Max in Cans and 1x only bottle of Coke Zero in the Supermarket owned by 'Aeon' [forget name]

FWIW I reckon Pesico has used the floodings distribution problems to gain a competitive edge, they've made sure their product is in all the stores, in abundance where as others products are nowhere to be seen. It's not an accidental occurrence, it's very much planned and purposeful and that's how you win in business.

Not to sound like some snotty world-weary propeller-hatted financial analyst, or anything like that....but there is an epic battle going on in Thailand between Serm Suk (the former official bottlers for Pepsi in Thailand) and Pepsico (huge US multinational food and snack conglomerate).The Thai billlionaire owner of Thai Bev (that's right, 3 "l's" in billionaire; he's that wealthy) is basically through proxies taking away the main bottler and distribution channel for Pepsi in Thailand. It's not just the floods- there is a major pissing match going on now with Pepsico, their bottler and distribution arm in Thailand, and the proxy controlled by ThaiBev. Read all about it in the Bangkok Post business section. Old news; switch to Big Cola produced by happy Peruvians, next question ?

Thanks for the input.biggrin.png

The above quote makes sense and that what I was asking.

I was not particularly bothered about where I can get pepsi. it was just a matter of why do I not have a choice?

I would prefer sprite, rather than coke, or pepsi.

In Saying that, Coke is my only preference IF I had the choice, compared to Pepsi, as Coke does support my Sang Som and Chivas Regal very well, unlike Pepsi, there is no comparison, Coke rules in that department.

But everyone to their own.

Happy New Year from the Troll.passifier.gif

FWIW I reckon Pesico has used the floodings distribution problems to gain a competitive edge, they've made sure their product is in all the stores, in abundance where as others products are nowhere to be seen. It's not an accidental occurrence, it's very much planned and purposeful and that's how you win in business.

It is only recently that we have had Pepsi in Chiang Mai and absolutely no Pepsi Max. Coke has been around through the whole thing but at times hard to find. Coke Zero is not in bottles just cans here in Chiang Mai. Awhile back I scored 36 big bottles in Lamphan running out now but have been able to find cans. Just takes a constant search.

Whats happened to Mirinda root beer? I have stopped looking for it? I guess the floods have damaged the factory? So much tastier than AW root beer.

That is close to heresy. shock1.gif A&W is far superior.

A&W seems to be scarce too. Its got a weaker taste though. I will enjoy my first Mirinda when it reappears. Hows this for heresy i think Big Cola is as good as Coke and better than Pepsi.

It is only recently that we have had Pepsi in Chiang Mai and absolutely no Pepsi Max. Coke has been around through the whole thing but at times hard to find. Coke Zero is not in bottles just cans here in Chiang Mai. Awhile back I scored 36 big bottles in Lamphan running out now but have been able to find cans. Just takes a constant search.

If you noticed (I did) during the floods and afterwards, every large store seemed to have all their soft drinks section filled with Coke bottles, you couldn't find Fanta or Oishi or anything else fizzy but you could find display after display of Coke (maybe it was Pepsi as well I don't know, I don't drink either so don't pay that close of attention). In that respect Coke (or Pepsico) stole the march on everyone else by having their product out there whilst few others did the same.

Coke Zero/Similan Rum fan here.......smile.png

They still make Similan ? Where did you find that? (and I see all those hours spent reading the entire B***K*K P**T have paid off.)

Was going to ask the same thing. I used to really like SS Similan. Bit of a Jack Daniels flavor IIRC.