New Fancy Schmancy Wood Fire Oven Pizza Place Opening In Jomtien!

Jingthing

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt that I will as I'm not especially keen on Italian food, and I dont like the look of the people in the place anyway (and I dare say they dont like the look of me either smile.png ).

I was interested in the mention of chips, though at 160B it is very unlikely indeed that I would ever order them. I would rather buy a sachet of frozen ones in the Topps next door for 99B, and fry them up at home.

Just to reassure anyone who is concerned, I am not the sort of Brit who has chips or bread and butter or tea with everything, but I do defend the rights of those who are.

I doubt that I will as I'm not especially keen on Italian food, and I dont like the look of the people in the place anyway (and I dare say they dont like the look of me either smile.png ).

I was interested in the mention of chips, though at 160B it is very unlikely indeed that I would ever order them. I would rather buy a sachet of frozen ones in the Topps next door for 99B, and fry them up at home.

Just to reassure anyone who is concerned, I am not the sort of Brit who has chips or bread and butter or tea with everything, but I do defend the rights of those who are.

If the frozen chips sell for 99 then 160 at El Bocca seems reasonable.

After all you still need to buy the oil, pan, stove, gas, condiments, napkins, cleaning supplies....and you have to do the cooking, serving & cleanup.

Not more Pizza and Pasta please. When are we going to get somwhere that sells real Italian food other than an excuse for childrens cheese on toast and pasta!

One of the best italian meals I have had so far is Don Joes in Walking street. At least you can get a decent mixed platter and Antipasto! Oh! and they also sell pizza if you really have to eat that rubbish!

Not more Pizza and Pasta please. When are we going to get somwhere that sells real Italian food other than an excuse for childrens cheese on toast and pasta!

One of the best italian meals I have had so far is Don Joes in Walking street. At least you can get a decent mixed platter and Antipasto! Oh! and they also sell pizza if you really have to eat that rubbish!

This place has a full Italian menu as well. But your attitude about pizza is indeed childish.

If the frozen chips sell for 99 then 160 at El Bocca seems reasonable.

That depends on the size of the portion/packet.

After all you still need to buy the oil, pan, stove, gas, condiments, napkins, cleaning supplies....and you have to do the cooking, serving & cleanup.

I used to do mussels and chips at home every other week for about 30 years, so that's not a problem. I've never really enjoyed being served in restaurants and I prefer to do things in my own way for myself.

The lingering smell of frying oil is a different matter though, and is something I'm happy to avoid.

the best pizza i've ever tried in pattaya was in german place on naklua road close by soi 12 just next door to 7/11 . Very thick alot of stuff on it salami , vegs , cheese and only 120 baht. My favorite pizza place but very far from jomtien :(

the best pizza i've ever tried in pattaya was in german place on naklua road close by soi 12 just next door to 7/11 . Very thick alot of stuff on it salami , vegs , cheese and only 120 baht.

Seems unusually cheap. Was that a long time ago?

the best pizza i've ever tried in pattaya was in german place on naklua road close by soi 12 just next door to 7/11 . Very thick alot of stuff on it salami , vegs , cheese and only 120 baht.

Seems unusually cheap. Was that a long time ago?

my last visit was about month ago

La Bocca. We've eaten there twice and will do it again. Good Italian food and priced between Trattoria Italiana and Pan Pan.

However, I think the steak was listed at THB 600 which is OTT for me, wine was reasonable though.

Unusually they actually have an Italian chef (I'm sure he'll be replaced by a local one day soon)

• 3 weeks later...

Went to La Bocca last night. The food was good but had to wait for about 45 minutes. According to the waiter the staff don't get anything of the service charge. He said it was for the bread etc that is placed on every table!

Will not return.

• Like 1

Yes, the food is good. It is high season and they get full during peak times. Open for dinner only. I suggest the pizzas/calzones over the pastas. Tried two pastas so far, less than stellar, and overpriced for the portion sizes.

coffee1.gif No comment on the service charge issue.coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I can guess without even looking at the menu that it's going to be absurdly overpriced and will probably be desperately advertising on local TV soon.

What Jomtien really needs is a couple of decent breakfast places like Diana Dragon and Casa Pascal, and more Thai places like the night market at the top of Soi 5, at which there are currently so many farangs most evenings that you have to queue for a seat to get your noodles. These are the places that are doing good business, not the silly "designer" places.

What's wrong with "The Continental" for breakfast?

• 1 month later...

I can guess without even looking at the menu that it's going to be absurdly overpriced and will probably be desperately advertising on local TV soon.

What Jomtien really needs is a couple of decent breakfast places like Diana Dragon and Casa Pascal, and more Thai places like the night market at the top of Soi 5, at which there are currently so many farangs most evenings that you have to queue for a seat to get your noodles. These are the places that are doing good business, not the silly "designer" places.

What's wrong with "The Continental" for breakfast?

They don't know how to cook.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...