New Honda Motorcycles

moe666

I just got back from the Bangkok Bike Festival. Like I said earlier today, all of the new Honda big bikes are going to be imported from Japan. However, from what I can gather, 400-600 cc Hondas will be manufactured here in Thailand next year. I can understand the disappointment people are feeling at the moment, as I was also hoping for Thai manufactured Honda Big Bikes.

On a more positive note, I placed a pre-order for a new CBR 1000RR. I was the first one and will pick it up at the Big Wing grand opening in April. I don't think I can wait that long though.

Also, it was great meeting some of the TV forum members today. I hope to meet more of you in coming days.

Brian

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found out the claimed KPL for the new ESP 125 click.

A very disapointing 52 km/l not near the 30% increase they had said

the low tech air cooled Spacy 110 cc is rated at 51 km/l

I guess if you want km/l than the 60.2 Wave 125i is the way to go.

Honda is just full of disapointments this year !

Just waiting now to be disapointed on HP, price, or km/l on the new Honda PCX 150

I just got back from the Bangkok Bike Festival. Like I said earlier today, all of the new Honda big bikes are going to be imported from Japan. However, from what I can gather, 400-600 cc Hondas will be manufactured here in Thailand next year. I can understand the disappointment people are feeling at the moment, as I was also hoping for Thai manufactured Honda Big Bikes.

On a more positive note, I placed a pre-order for a new CBR 1000RR. I was the first one and will pick it up at the Big Wing grand opening in April. I don't think I can wait that long though.

Also, it was great meeting some of the TV forum members today. I hope to meet more of you in coming days.

Brian

Brian,

Hopefully you know already but the CBR1000RR that Honda Big Bike will be selling is the detuned Japan Spec, meaning you'll have about 120hp instead of the 178hp, unless you change ECU, exhaust and a few other small things.

I just came back from the BMF and had a chat with one of the Honda guys. also, the CRF250L is also detuned compared to the CBR250R.

Brian

Brian,

Hopefully you know already but the CBR1000RR that Honda Big Bike will be selling is the detuned Japan Spec, meaning you'll have about 120hp instead of the 178hp, unless you change ECU, exhaust and a few other small things.

I just came back from the BMF and had a chat with one of the Honda guys. also, the CRF250L is also detuned compared to the CBR250R.

Good lord that sucks!

So Honda Thailand is charging their customers a HUGE premium to buy a severely restricted CBR1000RR while Red Baron is selling full power US-Spec CBR1000RR's for over 100k Baht less?!

At least Kawasaki Thailand's restricted ZX10R was "cheap" at 650k baht compared to the 799k Baht restricted Honda CBR1000RR... Yamaha's R1 and Suzuki's GSXR are full power as is BMW's S1000RR.

So who in their right mind would throw down 799k Baht for a 120Hp Honda CBR1000RR???

Brian

Brian,

Good lord that sucks!

So Honda Thailand is charging their customers a HUGE premium to buy a severely restricted CBR1000RR while Red Baron is selling full power US-Spec CBR1000RR's for over 100k Baht less?!

At least Kawasaki Thailand's restricted ZX10R was "cheap" at 650k baht compared to the 799k Baht restricted Honda CBR1000RR... Yamaha's R1 and Suzuki's GSXR are full power as is BMW's S1000RR.

So who in their right mind would throw down 799k Baht for a 120Hp Honda CBR1000RR???

Not me...and from what i've heard, even if you do change everything to try and make it full power it never really runs as smooth (HP curve) as the full power

The Japan spec bikes also has other add ons (HISS, engine cover for nosie reduction) that are not really needed that increase the price.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks, I knew the U.S. and Japanese versions had different specs, but I didn't realize they were that different. As I'm going from a CBR 250 to a CBR 1000, I think 120hp will suit me just fine. I'll give it a year at 120 and make the mods you suggested.

I also like that it can be serviced at Honda's Big Wing Center.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks, I knew the U.S. and Japanese versions had different specs, but I didn't realize they were that different. As I'm going from a CBR 250 to a CBR 1000, I think 120hp will suit me just fine. I'll give it a year at 120 and make the mods you suggested.

I wounder where are you guys getting your Date/Specs from?

I was looking around on some websites and i found one with 153HP and 78lbTorque

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/625/11139/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-CBR1000RR-First-Look.aspx

and another one that said it can hit 215HP

http://power-specs.com/2012-honda-cbr1000rr-fireblade-powerful-specs-and-release-date

I think the Exhaust is one of the last things your going to have to worry about with some kind of power lost with that machine!!

Brian

Brian,

http://www.motorcycl...First-Look.aspx

http://power-specs.c...nd-release-date

I think the Exhaust is one of the last things your going to have to worry about with some kind of power lost with that machine!!

Power figures for bikes, especially superbikes, can vary a lot from one publication to the next (and from one bike to the next). This is often due to different testing methods. Figures from one dyno can be very different from another. Some measure at the crank, some measure at the rear wheel, some use an arbitrary number to account for drive train loss. Such things as humidity and temperature and air flow can have a significant impact on the results of the dyno run. All modern superbikes benefit from RAM Air but I suspect very few dynos are capable of increasing the static air pressure inside of the intake manifold to recreate the effect of RAM Air in the dyno test. In other words, if you're dyno testing a bike but unable to recreate the greater massflow through the engine that RAM Air creates, then you are not going to be able to measure the maximum power the engine can generate.

63437877867620314311sb_hp.jpg

Add to that that when the bikes roll off the factory floor it's not uncommon to find a power variance from one to the next and that an engine's max power is highly dependent upon the way it is run in, maintained, serviced and tuned.

Not sure about your comment about exhaust? Modern sportbikes are restricted at the exhaust to make them comply with noice and emissions regulations. Hence the popularity of aftermarket exhausts which cut a lot of weight and add significant power.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Brian

Brian,

http://www.motorcycl...First-Look.aspx

http://power-specs.c...nd-release-date

I was actually using the HP crank numbers which are given with the bike spec. If we are taking RWHP, i've read on a couple of the forums thats its actually around 94HP for the japan spec and its also got a speed limiter at 190km/hr. Thats only 2nd gear on my full spec 08CBR1000rr

Okay so your basing your specs of some rumors that you've read on some forums. It seems more like the specs of the CBR600RR

What forums are you talking about?

Which specs are you talking about? Honda specs? Independent review tests? US Spec? Japan Spec? Stock? Modified?

Okay so your basing your specs of some rumors that you've read on some forums. It seems more like the specs of the CBR600RR

Which specs are you talking about? Honda specs? Independent review tests? US Spec? Japan Spec? Stock? Modified?

Honda's Stock Japanese Specs.

You want us to look them up for you?

You want us to look them up for you?

No i was wondering where Newf was getting his info/specs from

"120 crankHP and 94RWHP"

Just a bit curious about the pricing guys. The Japanese spec version w/ ABS that AP Honda is selling is 799,000. This is the on the road price, including green book and plate.

I just called Red Baron and they said that they would have the American spec CBR 1000RR w/ ABS for around 700,000. Does this price include emission testing (30-40 thousand baht) and green book (80,000 baht+)? Also how do warranties work on imports bought from independent dealers?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Edited by SumetCycle

Just a bit curious about the pricing guys. The Japanese spec version w/ ABS that AP Honda is selling is 799,000. This is the on the road price, including green book and plate.

I just called Red Baron and they said that they would have the American spec CBR 1000RR w/ ABS for around 700,000. Does this price include emission testing (30-40 thousand baht) and green book (80,000 baht+)? Also how do warranties work on imports bought from independent dealers?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

If they were around the same price ,the honda one might be worth it for peace of mind with their 3 year warranty or whatever it is

i dont think theres a HD warranty on the likes of imported harleys and stuff but you might be able to haggle some free services

if your spending the best part of a million thb

Sorry, I don't know the exact numbers because i would never buy one (japan spec that is). I can just go from what i have read and what a friend has said about one he's owned (2008CBR1000RR).

Brian,

The bikes from Red Barron are US spec bikes, they still are not full spec like the EU (-7hp) bikes but if you plan to get a PCV or Bazzaz sysem, for an extra 3000Baht you can add a Ignition retarder control that makes it full spec. If you need any more info about the US spec just send me a PM, i have two of them (08 models).

All Red Barron bikes will come with Green book unless you request not to have one before the bike arrives, i've never bought a new bike from them but they give 3 month warranty on all other bikes, so i'm guessing thats about all you would get on a new model.

If it was me i would just buy one of the bikes they have in the show room, they have 2 CBR1000 08 or 09 with CABS for 470,000 & 480,000 with book. The only big difference in the 2012 model would be the upgraded suspension.

Edited by newf

Sorry, I don't know the exact numbers because i would never buy one (japan spec that is). I can just go from what i have read and what a friend has said about one he's owned (2008CBR1000RR).

Brian,

The bikes from Red Barron are US spec bikes, they still are not full spec like the EU (-7hp) bikes but if you plan to get a PCV or Bazzaz sysem, for an extra 3000Baht you can add a Ignition retarder control that makes it full spec. If you need any more info about the US spec just send me a PM, i have two of them (08 models).

All Red Barron bikes will come with Green book unless you request not to have one before the bike arrives, i've never bought a new bike from them but they give 3 month warranty on all other bikes, so i'm guessing thats about all you would get on a new model.

If it was me i would just buy one of the bikes they have in the show room, they have 2 CBR1000 08 or 09 with CABS for 470,000 & 480,000 with book. The only big difference in the 2012 model would be the upgraded suspension.

I figured they would include a plate and green book with a second hand import, but wasn't sure how it worked with a brand new import.

When I get some more experience, I'll get that info from you and convert it to U.S. spec.

Thanks so much for your helpful information.

I have done a bit more research on the new CBR 1000RR.The Japanese spec bike has 120 hp compared to 150 hp on the American spec bike. So it looks like it is down about 20%. Also, there is no speed limiter. The Japanese spec bike can do well over 200 km/hr. They haven't had a speed limiter on Japanese spec bikes for years. The speed limiter would have been a deal breaker for me.

• 4 months later...

The much anticipated July Honda Dealer meeting is taking place soon with the announcement of 3 exciting models for the Thai market.

Well, seems 1 is newish (already seen at the Bkk Motor Show) and the other 2 are tarted up scooters. Let's hope i am wrong and they

come out with at least a CRF Motard, if not something more exciting.

1.New Honda Zoomer X

2.New Honda Click 125i, 14 inch Alloy Wheels, PCX style Energy saving idle stop system, 3 colors

3.New Honda Scoopy S12, 12 inch Alloy Wheels, 3 Arty colors

post-70604-0-21976900-1341410812_thumb.j

The much anticipated July Honda Dealer meeting is taking place soon with the announcement of 3 exciting models for the Thai market.

Well, seems 1 is newish (already seen at the Bkk Motor Show) and the other 2 are tarted up scooters. Let's hope i am wrong and they

1.New Honda Zoomer X

2.New Honda Click 125i, 14 inch Alloy Wheels, PCX style Energy saving idle stop system, 3 colors

My sorces say no motard

And I heard the Spacy with Combi brakes and Wave with the start and stop idle system.

Click already has cast wheels and the idle stop system for months now

1.New Honda Zoomer X

Naming the something Zoomer X - another marketing dept. error?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Zoomer%20X laugh.png

• Like 2

1.New Honda Zoomer X

Naming the something Zoomer X - another marketing dept. error?

http://www.urbandict...p?term=Zoomer X laugh.png

tongue.png