Caught My Maid Stealing From Me In Bangkok

jackbristol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please who on here says 'poor woman/lady'

this is a thief who snoops through draws, I am sure a maid is paid to clean and wash....not snoop through personal posessions and help themselves....

theres a few replies just looking for a bite but some of the others...jeez, I wonder how you'd react if you get something stolen from someone you put in a position of trust whilst in your home!

For what it's worth I never had a maid, always cleaned myself as what the eye don't see isn't dirty to Thai maids from my experience coffee1.gif

LOL.... Have had maids, staff in my wife's company steal.... Nothing new and *}^}%{% annoying. Full agreed. Just making the point that according to the ( pre coup I might add ) that's it's illegal to do surveillance without pre- consent.

Like it or not, it is/ was the constitution ( not sure if it was changes post coup though )

that's it's illegal to do surveillance without pre- consent.

How does that make any sense? We have CCTV cameras at our shop...who would we get consent from...? Every person in Bangkok that might come to the store?

I'm no expert on this, but maybe there must be a note outside your shop that says that there are CCTV cameras inside.

Something like this.

post-49205-0-88355700-1326160160_thumb.j

Edited by Semper

Freaks defending a thief.....amazing.

Must have been viewing a different video than myself. I didn't witness any such crime.

We don't even know if the anonymous flick and OP are one and the same.

And people just keep rambling on with spectulative matter of every sort.

I'm no expert on this, but maybe there must be a note outside your shop that says that there are CCTV cameras inside.

Something like this.

I always figured those signs were just to act as an extra deterant (ie "don't steal stuff we're watching you").

Is there actually a law in Thailand saying you have to have a sign saying that you have CCTV? Seems strange that the security company installing the camera system did not make any mention of such a law, or provide any signage with the camera package?

Edited by dave111223

Something like this.

I always figured those signs were just to act as an extra deterant (ie "don't steal stuff we're watching you").

Is there actually a law in Thailand saying you have to have a sign saying that you have CCTV? Seems strange that the security company installing the camera system did not make any mention of such a law, or provide any signage with the camera package?

Don't know about Thailand, but other countries have this law. Maybe you should check this out. smile.png

How does that make any sense? We have CCTV cameras at our shop...who would we get consent from...? Every person in Bangkok that might come to the store?

Something like this.

I have one of those signs on my door so I'm covered.

Whats wrong with all you self righteous whiners? Guy busted a thief and is trying to spread the word incase any of you wanks run into the same person.

Yes, I'm sure this whole venture on his part is purely altruistic.

I certainly do not feel sorry for the maid, and she should have been terminated, but if you already know she's stealing, why not just get rid of her? Why all the nonsense with the video and what not? I’ve had to terminate a few people and while I’m generally happy to see them go, I’ve never thought it was funny or felt like bragging about it.

I manage a manufacturing facility and over the years I’ve had a number of maids both at the plant and at home but I’ve never had one I thought was stealing or going through my stuff, but in all fairness, it never occurred to me to leave wads of cash laying around either. I did have one that was getting into the booze and watering it, but she started crying and quit when I asked about it. I have had to terminate five or six workers for stealing scrap, but that is much fewer than I would have expected anywhere.

Finally, I’ve stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms in Thailand and have never had a maid take anything (as far as I know) but again, I’m not one to leave cash or jewelry lying around.

Something like this.

I have one of those signs on my door so I'm covered.

Well, if the Constitution for that part has not changed post Coup, i can 100% assure you the above image would technically be required. Thats why many call centers tell you that you call maybe monitored for quality reasons......

I agree there are alot of surveillance video's used......... practice and what the law says are 2 different things.

practice and what the law says are 2 different things.

Yes indeed, but when it comes to a lawsuit which according to the op has happened, maybe they will look mor closely into the matter.

Edited by Semper

Whats wrong with all you self righteous whiners? Guy busted a thief and is trying to spread the word incase any of you wanks run into the same person.

Yes, I'm sure this whole venture on his part is purely altruistic.

Why would he worry about her after she stole? Give her another chance?

Good catch - fairly obvious I think.

There are too many wannabe lawyers on this forum. Jack obviously suspected his maid of foul play and set something up to catch her.

He didn't fire someone based on a whim or suspicion. Instead he did something about his suspicions, found out she was stealing then fired her, he also went the extra step to help this community (ThaiVisa.com)...

What exactly is wrong with that? (wannabe lawyers need not respond to that rhetorical question)....

Good catch - fairly obvious I think.

There are too many wannabe lawyers on this forum. Jack obviously suspected his maid of foul play and set something up to catch her.

He didn't fire someone based on a whim or suspicion. Instead he did something about his suspicions, found out she was stealing then fired her, he also went the extra step to help this community (ThaiVisa.com)...

What exactly is wrong with that? (wannabe lawyers need not respond to that rhetorical question)....

And received his stolen money back to boot. A win for the good guys.