Galaxy Tab 7.7 And Other Samsung Tablets In Thailand

Sam Drucker

I read an article today in the Bangkok Post that is a bit curious (or maybe just poorly written?)

It shows a photo of two men, one holding a Galaxy Note phone and the other holding a Galaxy Tab 7.7. (That's the first I recall of seeing the 7.7 officially shown by Samsung Thailand.)

This statement is odd. I don't think the 7.7 is for sale in Thailand yet, so I could see that launching in March. But as for the other three, unless they are referring to three tablets that have been out and for sale (some for several months) including the 10.1, 8.9, and 7.0 Plus, it's hard to imagine they have three more tablets ready to launch.

Any insight?

Edited by sbk
sorry no bangkok post quotes or links

A single tablet size does come in like six variations (16/32/64 GB - WiFi, WiFi+3G) so that may be where the number of new tablets is coming from?

And not all models have been formally localized even though they may be available as grey-market imports. And not sure the Note qualifies as a Tablet?

I wouldn't read too much into these articles as the facts sometimes get convoluted in the translation.

Samsung supposedly does have an 11.6" tablet in the works, which according to the rumors, sounds sick.

Note, 7.0 Plus, 7.7, 8.9 10.1 are five models I'm familiar with, along with all the different configurations. I think everything is available here except the 7.7, but I haven't stayed up to date on this subject.

Flying

Can you do us a wonderful favor and post the lantern .jpg you used as your screen background ;-)

Sure no problem

Also I would like to give you the link to a great wall paper site where I found it

http://wallbase.cc/start/

Just type Thailand in the search for more.

But also as you can see they have tons of great stuff in every category

Enjoy!

PS: I almost forgot but with the wallpapers at that site..............

touch & select save. Then when you set or change wallpaper on your tab

select it from gallery & crop it as you want.

Many times I notice if I just touch & select set as wallpaper from that site the paper is too big or grainy.

The other way works fine though

post-51988-0-80398900-1326518962_thumb.j

Edited by flying