Kawasaki D-Tracker 250

dagling

I checked out both of the suggested sites that skybluestu made and I'm going to stick with the FMF setup as I have heard good things about them. Just got a call from Real Moto saying the bike was already at the shop.

Going to take the bike up to a mates shop in Ayutthaya and start work on it when i get back to BKK from this months swing.

Will keep this thread updated once we have completed the mods.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I checked out both of the suggested sites that skybluestu made and I'm going to stick with the FMF setup as I have heard good things about them. Just got a call from Real Moto saying the bike was already at the shop.

Going to take the bike up to a mates shop in Ayutthaya and start work on it when i get back to BKK from this months swing.

Will keep this thread updated once we have completed the mods.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

There is a 20% promo at many places in America at the moment so the exhaust will be $288. I've ordered from here before http://www.tremx.com/FMF_Quiet_Performance_Q4_4_Stroke_Exhaust_p/q4-4-stroke-exhaust.htm?1=1&CartID=1 so know they ship to Thailand, shipping was around $65 I think, have PM'd you the guys direct email address.

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up my D-Tracker last Monday, great bike for BKK really nimble in heavy traffic. I have not used the car all week just been riding everywhere. As already mentioned the bike is underpowered. I just picked up a tuned ECU from API Tech today with great results. I’m really happy with the increased performance but have yet to give it a real blast as I was dealing peak hour traffic all the way home on Lat Phrao. Next is the FMF exhaust & header when I get a chance to head up to my mates shop in Ayutthaya.

Here are a few shots from API this afternoon, even had the Mrs bring out some of her inner tomboy trying her hand at some of the tune up work.

First off the new beast, well a restricted 250 beast & then some shots from the API workshop this afternoon

post-130719-0-42071500-1340371033_thumb.

post-130719-0-55810600-1340371072_thumb.

post-130719-0-33190500-1340371085_thumb.

post-130719-0-36824300-1340371092_thumb.

post-130719-0-30994400-1340371097_thumb.

Edited by JINGJOH

Does the api ecu do anything other than remove the restriction in 3rd to 6th? Also how much was it and did they fit it for you or did you fit it yourself??

Yes it does a lot more than just derestrict the high end gears; the front wheel wants to lift off the road in 1st gear. I have only had it plugged into the laptop for a very short period & will do some real fine tuning once I fit the new exhaust & header.

The cost is 12,000 B & they installed it for me, installing is very simple but I do recommend the techs do the initial tune or a full tune if you already have your chosen exhaust system fitted & air filter fitted.

I was pretty impressed when it was plugged into the laptop with the amount of tweaking that could be done & the range of parameters that could be input for finer tuning.

It is still early stages at the moment & has not gone through my mates shop as yet which I really cannot wait for as his father tunes race bikes & I would like him to have some input

I will post some gopro videos of the results once it has been tricked right up.

Took it for a blast late last night once the traffic had decreased & I had a smile on my face the whole time, I was giggling like a school girl it was that much fun

Hey Jingjoh, I have a 2012 dtracker 250 too. Same colours as you. I was one of the first to get the new colour about 9 months ago I think. I am just coming up to 6k on it now and I do still really like riding it. I have done a few useful mods but not finished yet. I changed the lower exhaust to a Tsukigi thai made japanese pipe. That kinda makes sense! Along with the small plug on handlebars being wired...sure you have heard of that small mod? It sounds pretty good and does seem to feel a lot less restricted. Top speed isnt something I am missing. My only complaint really is the seat. Its a bit hard on journeys to say the least. I am 50 years old though so maybe its that. I am trying to design a pattern for a sticker job in the near future and i really want to put some decent rubber on it! I am interested in all your mod updates. I am not the most mechanically minded of people but I appreciate effort and we may be able to share good contacts when found......Look forward to your next story....Colin

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does the api ecu do anything other than remove the restriction in 3rd to 6th? Also how much was it and did they fit it for you or did you fit it yourself??

Yes it does a lot more than just derestrict the high end gears; the front wheel wants to lift off the road in 1st gear. I have only had it plugged into the laptop for a very short period & will do some real fine tuning once I fit the new exhaust & header.

The cost is 12,000 B & they installed it for me, installing is very simple but I do recommend the techs do the initial tune or a full tune if you already have your chosen exhaust system fitted & air filter fitted.

I was pretty impressed when it was plugged into the laptop with the amount of tweaking that could be done & the range of parameters that could be input for finer tuning.

It is still early stages at the moment & has not gone through my mates shop as yet which I really cannot wait for as his father tunes race bikes & I would like him to have some input

I will post some gopro videos of the results once it has been tricked right up.

Took it for a blast late last night once the traffic had decreased & I had a smile on my face the whole time, I was giggling like a school girl it was that much fun

Any updates? Do you think the API is worth the money? Many have said it is to complex as the manual is not 100% ..... It also seems pricey as a power commander can be had for under 9000baht but u have to install. Did you go with the original pipe or decide on a thai copy?

Hey Jingjoh, I have a 2012 dtracker 250 too. Same colours as you. I was one of the first to get the new colour about 9 months ago I think. I am just coming up to 6k on it now and I do still really like riding it. I have done a few useful mods but not finished yet. I changed the lower exhaust to a Tsukigi thai made japanese pipe. That kinda makes sense! Along with the small plug on handlebars being wired...sure you have heard of that small mod? It sounds pretty good and does seem to feel a lot less restricted. Top speed isnt something I am missing. My only complaint really is the seat. Its a bit hard on journeys to say the least. I am 50 years old though so maybe its that. I am trying to design a pattern for a sticker job in the near future and i really want to put some decent rubber on it! I am interested in all your mod updates. I am not the most mechanically minded of people but I appreciate effort and we may be able to share good contacts when found......Look forward to your next story....Colin

Where did you get your tsukigi? I have seen 2 shops stunt shop and a shop in CM. Stunt was 5800full sys and CM was 5000. Are you happy with it?

this guys really sounds good..............

http://www.youtube.c...ed/UsVaec-FeDk

Sorry took so long to reply. I didn't know I had a reply for some reason. I do like the sound of it. Has a good 'crack' to it. Not too loud with the baffle in but loud enough. I paid 3800 for the slip on at Kawasaki pattaya. They fitted it and sent the original back to my home In bkk via ems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings D-TrackerX Folks,

Just sold my V & H modified HD XR1200 (~ 100hp at the crank) and bought a new D-TrackerX here in Pattaya last week. Great bike but took some getting used to after the XR. Now planning to get an API "new" adjustable ECU unit & R9 SS Carbon exhaust. Has anyone s**t-canned the air box assembly on the D-TrackerX & replaced it with a simple K&N clamp-on type racing air filter?

2012 Sept 3: Monday Flash From Pattaya,

During the past week purchased and installed an imported Tsukigi slip-on & DNA air filter here at Mityon Kawasaki also... "Delimited" the D-TrackerX via a simple "paper-clip" inserted into a connector on the handlebar clutch assembly naughty.gif

Enormous difference thumbsup.gif

4th gear before "mod" was only 105kph ~ 7500rpm "max" snooze.gif

4th gear now is ~ 120kph + clap.gif

Since there are 6 gears the bike seems way over geared so now will take a look at what final drive gearing will allow full use of all gears with ability to cruise at ~100kph & max speed of ~130kph riding.gif

Only 1 problem... The Tsukigi is really LOUD... Sounds like an old BSA Gold Star 500... Now working on a way to soften the tone a bit without killing the power.

Ride: Kawasaki D-TrackerX dirtbike_smilie.gif

Edited by stao

2012 Sept 3: Monday Flash From Pattaya,

During the past week purchased and installed an imported Tsukigi slip-on & DNA air filter here at Mityon Kawasaki also... "Delimited" the D-TrackerX via a simple "paper-clip" inserted into a connector on the handlebar clutch assembly naughty.gif

Enormous difference thumbsup.gif

4th gear before "mod" was only 105kph ~ 7500rpm "max" snooze.gif

4th gear now is ~ 120kph + clap.gif

Since there are 6 gears the bike seems way over geared so now will take a look at what final drive gearing will allow full use of all gears with ability to cruise at ~100kph & max speed of ~130kph riding.gif

Only 1 problem... The Tsukigi is really LOUD... Sounds like an old BSA Gold Star 500... Now working on a way to soften the tone a bit without killing the power.

Ride: Kawasaki D-TrackerX dirtbike_smilie.gif

Good you have it going ....Does your tsukigi have a silincer? The ones i saw at mityon came from epap shop in bkk and the silencer was held with a allen screw.