New Thai Minister Nalinee On US Blacklist

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US blacklist? my back side... what the hell US blacklist has to do with other governments?

When did US actually learn a lesson from history of UK and Russia? or is it that all kingdoms (read super powers) are destined to be doomed due to their stupidity? bah.gif

Are you a super-power?

The US should return to what its forefathers preached/taught

Keep their long nose out of others business & do not go abroad in search of monsters.

Sanctions like those against Cuba for instance are silly & long overdue for a change.

US citizens not allowed to buy some product because their government has a decades old beef

with someone is silly.

Now we extend that silliness to folks who are not even US citizens & blacklist them?

insanity has no limits in these cases.

Before the usual suspects chime in with anti-USA rhetoric........

Let me say I am as patriotic a person as you will find.

I live in the USA & am proud of our heritage.

I like the fact we are a Constitutional Republic & hope we keep it

that way by protecting what out founders laid out.

These days it is changing fast as we slip down a slippery slope

Tell it to the democrats, it all started with the FDR policy and then became the Truman Doctrine

Under the Truman Doctrine, the United States was prepared to send any money, equipment, or military force to countries that were threatened by the communist government, thereby offering assistance to those countries resisting communism. In U.S. President Harry S Truman's words, it became "the policy of the United States to support free peoples who are resisting attempted subjugation by armed minorities or by outside pressures."

Edited by wxyz

By the way G'kid, whats' your opinion of Amsterdam?

i think he is a man with a track record of fighting for human rights and looking at the big picture.

The incident involving the allegations with Nalinee Taveesin will most likely cause him to blow a gasket. Mr. Amsterdam defended a UN official who took on Mugabe and was then harassed by the UN as a result. Amsterdam took the case pro bono when many law firms would not go near it for business reasons. It's a rather famous case that arose from the mishandling of the cholera epidemic. There is no love for Mugabe from Mr. Amsterdam.

Mr. Amsterdam is held in high regard by several reputable human rights and development groups that are apolitical in nature. That tells me something. If Mr. Amsterdam had not taken on Thaksin, I doubt he would be the object of scorn for many farangs of TVF.

So Minister Nalinee is on the blacklist while Thaksin runs mining concession in Zimbabwe and is defended by CFR's Amsterdam who compares Abhisit with Mugabe. It's getting more and more absurd.

Have you ever checked the connection of the human rights group associated to CFR? They've become pretty quiet all over the world, - no more credibility. Or maybe it needs a Bill Gates foundation to parade kids at gunpoint to get vaccination with hazardous components co-sponsored with Monsanto?

Dare to do a research of the Spanish flue which killed over 50 million people? Isn't it strange that only those who were vaccinated died? Guess who is behind all that ...

Follow the money trail and you shall find out ... Thaksin defended by lobbying with the CFR, setup by the same since decades and he's free to do what he's doing.

The American Embassy didn't even bother and moved out of their premises during the red shirt revolt without complaining. Why?

You need to dig a bit deeper ... The truth shall set you free ...

Please research the Spanish Flu, it actually started in the US and was transported to Europe on US troopships which when they arrived had more than 50 percent dead and sick. There was no vaccination at the time for that strain of flu as it was 1918. If you want to use something as a reference at least have your fact straight. The only reason it became know as the Spanish flu, Spain refused to censor the press as many countries did to cover up the scope of the sickness and the number of dead and sick.The Spanish newspapers plublished stories on the sick and dead and the full scope of the epidemic.

Dear g'kid, you wrote ".... Mr. Amsterdam is held in high regard by several reputable human rights and development groups that are apolitical in nature...."

PLease share the names of these organizations.

G'kid, yesterday you were vocal about other posters quoting examples and facts to support their claims. Put your money where your mouth is and quote which human rights orgs have high regard for amsterdam.

Given the remakable character of Bangkok politicians, it is not uncommon that the US government has, over the decades, placed many a Thai politician on the "blacklist". Back in the 1990s there was one period when nearly 20 national politicians were "blacklisted" the best known being an MP from Isaan, Thanong Siripreechapong. Alas, given the seemingly total erasure on the Internet of news on the bust at the LA airport decades ago involving a hapless monk, one might be able to speculate at very high blacklistings indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things get stranger and stranger!!

It seems that the US were pretty pissed about this little episode!! :-

Today I went in to the local Gun Shop with my Mrs (no replies about having guns please eh!), I had promised myself a new hand gun and went in to order it today. Sorry says the old boy, no can do! Why enquired me thinking but but but but wibble! He then proceeded to tell me that I can't order any weapons manufactured in the US because....the US has temporarily suspended sales of all small arms to Thailand. (he said amongst other things, but didn't elaborate on what else). I asked him <deleted>! WHY and he said its all because of the woman who was blacklisted and had dealing with Mugabe. The US were right pissed at the Government for giving her the position and asking approval up the chain when the woman was on the blacklist of a major trading partner and ally.

So it appears that this did not go woosh over the top of the American administration heads. Hilary was right miffed and someone/process then instigated certain 'sanctions'.

Interesting!

Today I went in to the local Gun Shop with my Mrs (no replies about having guns please eh!), I had promised myself a new hand gun and went in to order it today. Sorry says the old boy, no can do! Why enquired me thinking but but but but wibble! He then proceeded to tell me that I can't order any weapons manufactured in the US because....the US has temporarily suspended sales of all small arms to Thailand. (he said amongst other things, but didn't elaborate on what else). I asked him <deleted>! WHY and he said its all because of the woman who was blacklisted and had dealing with Mugabe. The US were right pissed at the Government for giving her the position and asking approval up the chain when the woman was on the blacklist of a major trading partner and ally.

So it appears that this did not go woosh over the top of the American administration heads. Hilary was right miffed and someone/process then instigated certain 'sanctions'.

Interesting!

Excellent. More promotions of US blacklisted Thai politicians, and less guns in general circulation. Sounds like a bloody good deal to me.

Interesting!

Excellent. More promotions of US blacklisted Thai politicians, and less guns in general circulation. Sounds like a bloody good deal to me.

Well the problem is they just order from elsewhere. Czechoslovakiawill now see a boom in demand from Thailand as the US is now off the market.

Interesting!

The current Thai PTP administration should all be on the blacklist.

Edited by z12

Interesting!

Well the problem is they just order from elsewhere. Czechoslovakiawill now see a boom in demand from Thailand as the US is now off the market.

Czechoslovakia don't exist anymore.

But otherwise you are right. Its a problem for the USA and US companies.You still have the option and the choice to do your business with someone else.

• 2 months later...

New Korean Ambassador calls on Minister Nalinee

BANGKOK, 12 April 2012 (NNT) – Newly appointed South Korean Ambassador to Thailand His Excellency Mr. Lim Jae-hong paid a courtesy call on Minister to the Prime Minister’s Office Nalinee Thawisin at Government House earlier today.

The envoy said he was pleased with the result of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s visit to Seoul to attend Nuclear Security Summit 2012 on March 24-27.

He added that, as a female leader, Ms. Yingluck had inspired and set a good example for Korean people, particularly women.

He added that Ms. Yingluck’s visit received wide media coverage in the Republic of Korea.

The ambassador also indicated that the meeting between Ms. Yingluck and the South Korean President had produced positive results on tourism, energy and basic infrastructure. Furthermore, Korean investors had higher confidence to invest in Thailand following Ms. Yingluck’s invitation. They showed their interests in electronic, auto part, alternative energy and farm industries.

During Ms. Yingluck’s visit, Mr. Lim Jae-hong said the Prime Minister had a chance to observe Seoul’s flood prevention system which would be beneficial to Thailand.

The Korean envoy also proposed that Thailand hold a Taekwondo exhibition to develop the sport among Thai athletes and interested individuals.

The envoy also mentioned that he has been in Thailand for six months and impressed by Yingluck’s roles. Mr. Lim Jae-hong also wished Minister Nalinee happiness on the occasion of the Thai New Year’s Day.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-04-12

footer_n.gif