Ice Cream Sandwich: Android 4

sbk

Get a ROM from xdadevelopers and use ODIN if for some reason KIES isn't offering you an update.

Personally I use Litening (Gingerbread version) and like it a lot, he's already released an ICS 4.0.3 but I believe 4.0.4 is already out - I'm waiting for him to do 4.0.4 before biting the bullet so that I don't have to flash again "next week".

The early adopters using various generic ICS beta builds had a few small bug issues but far as I can make out 4.0.3 onwards should be about as stable as it gets (especially since it's an official Samsung release)...

Edit: Looks like he's already done one as of yesterday. Here's the URL I don't think this link breaks forum rules but I'm sure the mods will nuke it if necessary.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1095274

Edit again: Above is based on XWLP4 but is still 4.0.3

Edited by bobl
  • Like 1

I read horrible stories about upgrades to ICS on the Transformer Prime, the OS having problems with the hardware.

As well the TF700 should have a big leap forward on the display quality.

So I'll wait for that.

Get a ROM from xdadevelopers and use ODIN if for some reason KIES isn't offering you an update.

Personally I use Litening (Gingerbread version) and like it a lot, he's already released an ICS 4.0.3 but I believe 4.0.4 is already out - I'm waiting for him to do 4.0.4 before biting the bullet so that I don't have to flash again "next week".

The early adopters using various generic ICS beta builds had a few small bug issues but far as I can make out 4.0.3 onwards should be about as stable as it gets (especially since it's an official Samsung release)...

Edit: Looks like he's already done one as of yesterday. Here's the URL I don't think this link breaks forum rules but I'm sure the mods will nuke it if necessary.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1095274

Edit again: Above is based on XWLP4 but is still 4.0.3

Do you have the t model or non-t? Did you use the default modem with lightning or one of the thailand ones?

Do you have the t model or non-t? Did you use the default modem with lightning or one of the thailand ones?

International i9100 - non-T

Fwiw I didn't wait for 4.0.4, I installed Litening 2.6 per the xda developers link in the post above. So I'm now running 4.0.3 - the default litening install I didn't bother faffing around with the modem (he's using the modem from LPS in this release). Works fine on Truemove-H.

Face lock is a pain in the neck I played with it for half an hour then disabled it and went back to Visidon Applock (much better).

I made an arse of backing up my apps so I ended up with an empty phone - but that was no great loss, I've spend a few hours today on Appbrain putting back the apps I use most. So I got a spring-clean at the same time.

ICS seems stable on it, time will tell how stable but so far so good. One lockup playing Angry Birds Space that needed a battery pull was a small headache, otherwise it's working fine.

Finding the best modem for 3G, GPS, WiFi, audio clarity can be challenging.

I think, for the SGS2/i9100/i9100T:ICS, most recommend KL1 for DTAC or True and KI1 for AIS, but maybe best to get them all, and flash with CWM then test them out.

I am using KC1 for a SGS1 (i9000) and call quality is excellent, GPS lock in ~ 10 seconds and excellent 3G with DTAC. I had to try ~ 10 modems before I settled on KC1.

The multi-tasking of ICS is brilliant.

post-9615-0-56202000-1333716112_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-12710500-1333716199_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-58187300-1333716210_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Asking again, and for the last time....

^ I think some versions started receiving KiES updates on/about March 16, 2012. Did you purchase the unit here in Thailand? Which version do you have? (i9100? i9100T?)

Do you use KiES?

About ICS, does anyone know if it will allow to write on the SD card (again)?

3.1 did allow and I could park many apps on the SD card.

3.2. does not allow anymore. For tablets with small memory (16 GB), it would be good to park some on the SD card.

Or buy a tablet with ample memory. I just got a Lenovo Thankpad with 64GB and Android 3.1. Super!

That was a bug in the kernel.. There's an update that fixes it.