Wood Mouldings

Lobo4819

Can't guarantee that they have exactly what you want, but there is a shop on superhighway adjacent to the northboud service lane across from SuperC Extra that carries a number of wood mouldings. I bet they could make some for you if they don't have what you want in stock or surely could order for you.

I went to Homepro to augment what I have used for my trim and they were out and their supply was minimum compared to years ago. They referred me to this shop which is across superhighway from them and a little bit farther north. They had what I wanted plus racks of other sizes and styles. It is a professional Thai wood supply and building supply store and easy to find as long as your northbound on the service road on the west side of superhighway less than a kilometer north of Big C extra.

Can't guarantee that they have exactly what you want, but there is a shop on superhighway adjacent to the northboud service lane across from SuperC Extra that carries a number of wood mouldings. I bet they could make some for you if they don't have what you want in stock or surely could order for you.

I went to Homepro to augment what I have used for my trim and they were out and their supply was minimum compared to years ago. They referred me to this shop which is across superhighway from them and a little bit farther north. They had what I wanted plus racks of other sizes and styles. It is a professional Thai wood supply and building supply store and easy to find as long as your northbound on the service road on the west side of superhighway less than a kilometer north of Big C extra.

Outstanding - thanks for the info.

Some months back I searched all around looking for quarter-round of any dimension. Merchants showed me drawings and diagrams of common moldings available in Thailand. All that I was shown were overly ornate and concave, not convex as quarter-round is. When I asked them if they could special cut some for me from dowels, they said they couldn't. Moreover the longest dowels were only one meter in length.

That said, Suksawat Lumber in the northeast section of town had a large selection of moldings at pretty reasonable prices. Here's a map to their lumber yard: http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=18.8058829&lon=99.0119541&z=17&l=0&m=b

When I asked them if they could special cut some for me from dowels, they said they couldn't. Moreover the longest dowels were only one meter in length.

Cutting from a dowel is not the way to go. Cutting it from a square or rectangular piece is easy and I have had it done in CM. You just need to find a guy/shop that has the correct router blade or buy one for him/them.

Edited by Dante99