Honda Nc700X

RED21

So, I posted this new topic up so as too keep the discussion about the bike from the CBR600F thread

Honda's Virtual Press office says it will be available in 4 colors:

• Darkness Black Metallic
  • Magna Red
  • Digital Silver Metallic
  • Pearl Sunbeam White

I'm having problems with attaching the images...

post-118861-44669_thumb.jpg

Edited by RED21

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kpmsprtd put up this great link about the NC700X on the CBR600 thread

http://ashonbikes.co.../honda-nc700x-0

And I had to add my 2 satang ;)

Honda700.jpg

Great... so just as Honda farked up the world class VFR by adding VTEC from their cars now they're going to produce a maxi-scooter using an engine that shares a lot of components from the Honda Jazz?!

And they're putting this underpowered car-like engine into an overweight platform...

50Hp, 228Kg and a redline at 6500rpm?!?! OMG how boring do they want this bike to be?

The article says "the NC700X is the first modern motorcycle engine designed primarily for fuel efficiency rather than a high power density". Well, if fuel efficiency is the over-riding concern, why not buy a 125-150cc scooter? What can this big heavy maxi-scooter do that a PCX or Wave or Click can't?

I dunno guys... The article says that this is one of the first Honda bikes that's got design inputs from automobile engineers.

"they had meetings with engineers from Honda’s car division once or twice a month for two years during the design process, the first time this has happened at Honda."

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

And the way I read it, this is going to be a bike that drives "rides?" more like a car...

For now it's made in Japan, so if imported to Thailand you can expect to pay around ~4xxk Baht, perhaps even 500k Baht if you add all the bells and whistles for this overweight, underpowered scooter-bike in the Land of Smiles... No thanks!

• Like 1

Something's gone terribly wrong with the forum's file attachment feature...

Pearl Sunbeam White

mnc7x2012swa.th.jpg

Digital Silver Metallic

mnc7x2012ssa.th.jpg

Magna Red

mnc7x2012sra.th.jpg

Darkness Black Metallic

mnc7x2012sba.th.jpg

Edited by RED21

Don't understand why this should be a "Maxi Scooter". It seems to have a very low center of mass and nice storage capacity in front. If the price would be OK i might would give it a try. But i guess it would be much to expensive as i like cheap bikes biggrin.png

Don't understand why this should be a "Maxi Scooter". It seems to have a very low center of mass and nice storage capacity in front. If the price would be OK i might would give it a try. But i guess it would be much to expensive as i like cheap bikes biggrin.png

Certainly not cheap... Base version goes for 5,850 pounds in the UK.

In the US the base version MSRP is $6999, add DCT and ABS and the price goes all the way up to $8999!!!

In the US the base version MSRP is $6999, add DCT and ABS and the price goes all the way up to $8999!!!

Tony. it's 60 pounds more expensive than the non ABS er6. and the nc700 has ABS as standard. and DCT is 700 pounds extra in the UK.

Edited by thaicbr

Tony. it's 60 pounds more expensive than the non ABS er6. and the nc700 has ABS as standard. and DCT is 700 pounds extra in the UK.

Hey Alan! TGIF! intheclub.gif

I'm not sure about the UK, but in the US the ABS is optional and a costly addition... IF this bike comes to Thailand I bet they'll only offer one version.

kpmsprtd put up this great link about the NC700X on the CBR600 thread

http://ashonbikes.co.../honda-nc700x-0

And I had to add my 2 satang wink.png

Honda700.jpg

Great... so just as Honda farked up the world class VFR by adding VTEC from their cars now they're going to produce a maxi-scooter using an engine that shares a lot of components from the Honda Jazz?!

And they're putting this underpowered car-like engine into an overweight platform...

50Hp, 228Kg and a redline at 6500rpm?!?! OMG how boring do they want this bike to be?

The article says "the NC700X is the first modern motorcycle engine designed primarily for fuel efficiency rather than a high power density". Well, if fuel efficiency is the over-riding concern, why not buy a 125-150cc scooter? What can this big heavy maxi-scooter do that a PCX or Wave or Click can't?

I dunno guys... The article says that this is one of the first Honda bikes that's got design inputs from automobile engineers.

"they had meetings with engineers from Honda’s car division once or twice a month for two years during the design process, the first time this has happened at Honda."

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

And the way I read it, this is going to be a bike that drives "rides?" more like a car...

For now it's made in Japan, so if imported to Thailand you can expect to pay around ~4xxk Baht, perhaps even 500k Baht if you add all the bells and whistles for this overweight, underpowered scooter-bike in the Land of Smiles... No thanks!

I agree with what you say but still an interesting read. Maybe it would suit Thailand as APe Honda probably won't train the 'mechanics' in Honda bike dealerships to service anything that requires finesse. Still, with the low down torque it will supposedly have i might get one and put one of those cowcatchers off an old steam train and heaven help anyone that dares get in my way!

post-70604-0-90207100-1327664958_thumb.j

50Hp, 228Kg and a redline at 6500rpm?!?!

6500 rpm ..... off the hook... craaazzy !! can't wait to hear that at full chat... gonna be awesome cool.png

Normally I'd welcome any new bike to Thailand. More options are good etc etc. But on this occasion I'm gonna hope this thing never raises it's ugly head in LOS. It's just going to annoy me every time I see it.

If you want practicality/economy then buy the PCX, if you want an adventure bike buy a Versys. This thing seems to be the worst of both worlds. A "pretend" adventure bike that's not as economic as a scooter. Another weak effort from Honda. I dread to think what's next.

At least it's not a thumper.

have any of you actually read the ashon bikes article.

to answer a few points..

'What can this big heavy maxi-scooter do that a PCX or Wave or Click can't?' a pcx cannot ride 2 up at a sustained 140kmh. this can for a similar fuel economy

as for price. i can't find any reference to a US price for the nc700s only as they do not seem to be importing it into the US yet . in fact i can only find a vague Canadian price of less than 9,000 C$.

It would seem the US is only getting the NC700x @ $6999......OR $8999 WITH ABS AND DCT.. hahaha at last the UK gets something cheaper than the US. OOPS wrong again UK price with DCT is $10,200..(eg. 5,850 +700 uk pounds).........goddamn

(up dated UK price 5,350 uk pounds on the road. see link)http://www.huntsmoto...onda-nc700s.htm

In the Euro and Uk markets it seems to have the ABS as standard on the nc700s & nc700x. Strange it's a combined option on the x in the US.

As for who it's for.. it's not aimed at Tony that's for surebiggrin.png

More like some one that wants a comfortable bike that will give swift acceleration and a reasonable top speed.. that's probably me then (the nc700s anyway) laugh.png

Also note from the attached website the nc700s it weighs 211kg (er6 204kg) nc700x 218kg (versys 209kg) with dct 228kg

Edited by thaicbr
  • Like 1

I don't know 50hp is pretty depressing. I wounder what the torque is going to be on this bike and what a dyno test may look like.

I have to say the tank/helmet, storage and rear seat/gas has got to be a FAIL for me. what do you guys think about it?

Edited by blackpanda

its too weird for my liking but with such limited options available in thailand

they will more than likely sell some of them

I dont like the gas tank being a storage locker but it might be convenient as a utility /shopping /commuting vehicle

id rather keep the gas tank for gas and carry a backpack if im going shopping ,they might be trying to attract car drivers

to get one

if they found a way to get a decent sized tank under the seat they could have offered another 15 litres in the regular tank place ,combined maybe 25-30L

twice the range between fill ups would have been more tempting for me than having "that storge compartment " :)

its too weird for my liking but with such limited options available in thailand

they will more than likely sell some of them

I dont like the gas tank being a storage locker but it might be convenient as a utility /shopping /commuting vehicle

id rather keep the gas tank for gas and carry a backpack if im going shopping ,they might be trying to attract car drivers

to get one

if they found a way to get a decent sized tank under the seat they could have offered another 15 litres in the regular tank place ,combined maybe 25-30L

twice the range between fill ups would have been more tempting for me than having "that storage compartment " smile.png

I don't know 50hp is pretty depressing. I wounder what the torque is going to be on this bike and what a dyno test may look like.

I have to say the tank/helmet, storage and rear seat/gas has got to be a FAIL for me. what do you guys think about it?

The perfect place to put yer carrots from Big C !!!

Because that's the type of person who would buy the monstrosity!!

Hideous.

Ridiculous.

Pointless.

Errrr, I think I don't like it. crazy.gif

Yeah it's a big scooter camouflaged somewhat, and the fact that it's another new Honda with crap suspension is down right criminal,

but this may be Honda's take on the future of bikes. Low horse power, low reving unexciting engines with practical storage spaces. Rising fuel costs, purchase and maintenance costs, parking fees etc is going to create more new riders AND new bikes to meet there wants and needs. Can't all be about emotion (the DN-01, ehhh). Simple bikes with ABS will appear more and more, more out of the norm dual purpose machines, and so on. If this bike is a success maybe we will be seeing diesel motorcycles all to soon!

Yeah it's a big scooter camouflaged somewhat, and the fact that it's another new Honda with crap suspension is down right criminal,

but this may be Honda's take on the future of bikes. Low horse power, low reving unexciting engines with practical storage spaces. Rising fuel costs, purchase and maintenance costs, parking fees etc is going to create more new riders AND new bikes to meet there wants and needs. Can't all be about emotion (the DN-01, ehhh). Simple bikes with ABS will appear more and more, more out of the norm dual purpose machines, and so on. If this bike is a success maybe we will be seeing diesel motorcycles all to soon!

We will see if Honda sells some of those bikes. I like the ideas. Its not a cool looking racing styled bike. But some people just need horsepower to get from A to B. And with 50hp and good torque it is sure more than enough.

A friend of mine hopes that some diesel Royal Enfield is coming. He is keen to have a diesel bike. He likes looooow costs. So he sure would buy a Honda diesel too.

So, a bike with an engine that behaves like a car...

Reminds me of this video

That's a great video, but I have no idea how it says anything about a bike with an engine that behaves like a car...

Unless, like the reviewer, you're trying to point out that no matter how exciting the car, it will never be as exciting as a superbike?

Anyway, top end Mercs and Ducs are certainly far more fun exciting than Honda's pathetic new NC700 ;)

Don't be fooled by the NC700X's fairings that make it LOOK like a real motorcycle.

Underneath those poser clothes it's the exact same engine and frame as the hideous NC700 Integra...

honda_integra_2012.jpg

Proof once again from Honda that you can dress up a pig, but it's still a pig ;)

I cannot understand the indignation expressed here about these models (Integra included). Honda's management builds these bikes to make money. They study market trends. They are intelligent and highly motivated. Their estimations are that a significant number of buyers will soon wish to avoid high fossil fuel fees (easily double before long). Buyers will want bikes that will last without more costs for a long time and They conclude that many bikers of the present and into the future will wish to use bikes for transportation rather than racing or testing their testosterone levels or building bragging rights.

Such bikes are to be built and sold, in short, for another market. So what? We here in Thailand can test the mettle of bikes built (and modified) for performance. In many 'modern' nations, policing and laws are such that purchasing performance bikes can result in overpayment for qualities that one can rarely use. The bike in this thread is likely perfect - for what it is.

Perhaps what underlies our objections is the fear that the world is changing in ways that will limit our activities? In any case, Honda knows its business better than everyone on this forum put together, I'm thinking. We'll see if theirs is an unsuccessful gamble.

I cannot understand the indignation expressed here about these models (Integra included). Honda's management builds these bikes to make money. They study market trends. They are intelligent and highly motivated. Their estimations are that a significant number of buyers will soon wish to avoid high fossil fuel fees (easily double before long). Buyers will want bikes that will last without more costs for a long time and They conclude that many bikers of the present and into the future will wish to use bikes for transportation rather than racing or testing their testosterone levels or building bragging rights.

Such bikes are to be built and sold, in short, for another market. So what? We here in Thailand can test the mettle of bikes built (and modified) for performance. In many 'modern' nations, policing and laws are such that purchasing performance bikes can result in overpayment for qualities that one can rarely use. The bike in this thread is likely perfect - for what it is.

Perhaps what underlies our objections is the fear that the world is changing in ways that will limit our activities? In any case, Honda knows its business better than everyone on this forum put together, I'm thinking. We'll see if theirs is an unsuccessful gamble.

You sure about that? Do a little research- Honda's big bikes have been losing market share big time in recent years...