Police Chief Proposes Prison On Island For Drug Dealers: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Until they have corrupt officials who issue fake cards and use the military&police as a backing power for smuggling trough borders and checkpoints, there is not much hope to end all of this...

However the majority must be ok if they catch a lot everyday, just wonder why never catch any maffia boss, only the end level guys and users...

Devil's Island in Thailand?

Fantastic, a Thai Alcazar sorry Alcatraz smile.png

Thailand already has one.... or had one.

They could simply re-open the prison on Koh Tarutao.

It has already had its torture pits reconstructed.

Just make sure the island prison remains supplied this time around so as to prevent the guards and prisoners working together as

The Pirates of Tarutao.

(very good book).

No Tarutao is a reserve and on the way to Ko Lipe. It is still a wild and beautiful area. It does not desrve a jail.

Even if you send all drug dealers to devils island and cut out their tongues do you really think this will stop others taking their place??? This is a war that simply cannot be won, you just have to look at Americas futile attempts along with many other countries. I have no idea what the answer is to this horrible yabba and meth problem but i'm 100% sure this aint it!

making life enjoyable for the poor as its done in nordic countries and to some extent canada.

There is no need to nominate a new island for this purpose. Phuket would be perfect, and most of the drug dealers and criminals are already there, so no transport problems. Just put up the walls and here ya go. Just a thought!

That wouldn't work. They'd all escape on jet skis.

Edited by bigbamboo

There is no need to nominate a new island for this purpose. Phuket would be perfect, and most of the drug dealers and criminals are already there, so no transport problems. Just put up the walls and here ya go. Just a thought!

That wouldn't work. They'd all escape on jet skis.

Wouldn't get far,they all need 70,000 baht in repairs!

• Like 2

Devil's Island in Thailand?

Fantastic, a Thai Alcazar sorry Alcatraz smile.png

Thailand already has one.... or had one.

They could simply re-open the prison on Koh Tarutao.

It has already had its torture pits reconstructed.

Just make sure the island prison remains supplied this time around so as to prevent the guards and prisoners working together as

The Pirates of Tarutao.

(very good book).

Exactly, Buchholz. I also wanted to mention Tarutao, but you were faster. And the book is fantastic.

Did you also know that some scenes in the film "Papillon" with Steve McQueen were ironically filmed on the island in the 1960s? The high vertical cliff just off the main beach served as backdrop.

And while we're at it, why not also have a prison island just for our politicians? Confined there, they could meddle, intrigate, cheat eachother out of their shirts, lie and make clownish statements to their heart's desire and wouldn't hurt anybody, because they're among themselves. Could become a new tourist attraction, too. The only problem is which island to choose that is remote enough. Tarutao, I fear, is still too close to the mainland and unfortunately the saltwater crocodiles that once prevented prisoners from escaping have long since been eradicated.

The good major seems to have been arrested and Bt3 million of assets seized by the cops. Expensive,drug dealer type car?

Appears only now almost 3 years later is the Major being brought to court.

Seems to be a military drug group operating here, middle ranking officer plus a senior NCO. Perhaps no one wanted to make a fuss.

Seems there might be a lot more to this story.

A few people in the military does not make the entire military corrupt.

The good major seems to have been arrested and Bt3 million of assets seized by the cops. Expensive,drug dealer type car?

Seems to be a military drug group operating here, middle ranking officer plus a senior NCO. Perhaps no one wanted to make a fuss.

True.....but the fact that they allow the corruption does.

• Like 1

True.....but the fact that they allow the corruption does.

There's nothing that says they allow the corruption, they just don't know who's doing what 24 hours a day. How could you ?

Even if you send all drug dealers to devils island and cut out their tongues do you really think this will stop others taking their place??? This is a war that simply cannot be won, you just have to look at Americas futile attempts along with many other countries. I have no idea what the answer is to this horrible yabba and meth problem but i'm 100% sure this aint it!

Legalize drugs, tax them, eliminate the criminal element, use the revenues for services to help users quit and education for prevention.

With some drugs I would tend to agree with you but yabba and meth I really can't see any grounds for legalization, but its still as good an idea as bunging drug dealers on devils island and cutting out their tongues so.............

"Seems to be a military drug group operating here" dry.png

I thought Thailand had the death penalty for drug dealers. Well, if not, Thailand should have the death penalty for convicted drug dealers. Vietnam and some other countries have the death penalty for drug dealers. Dealers deserve the death penalty and it surely would be a lot cheaper than building a jail.

• Like 1

note to self- dont commit a crime here and involve thais. they squeal like pigs when caught. violin.gif

Yeap, since the common Thai crimmal knows he has around a 0% chance in beating the charge, they confess real fast in order to get the normal sentence cut by 50%.

May I suggest the use of Phuket for this purpose, as this island has a proper size for this purpose and as most of the scum is there already. Or alternatively the island Koh Tao, which has previously been used for the same purpose.

• Like 1