Satelite Tv

Lenthai

To be honest expats in SE Asia are not well served for foreign satellite transmissions.

The packages are expensive and require minimum contracts, which is little use to the

OP who is only here for holidays.

I wonder if the OP has internet?

If so then I would suggest looking at torrents

Thebox.bz UKNova.com TVChaosuk.com

offer a good selection of UK programmes

These can be downloaded and viewed at leisure.

It makes me wonder if the True 'box' he has is linked to the internet.

Yeap, it could very be they leave the individul with a subscription card that is not restricted to only the Knowledge channel lineup but the paperwork submitted to the office says he's only on the Knowledge package.

no its a full-on promotion by TRUE the brochure does state knowledge + an extra 85 channels and tons of baht for your phone.

sounds to me some people are mad because they are getting taken by true.. I waited 8months to sign up because i didnt want to be one of the stupid people who overpay, i knew at some point they were bound to offer a decent promotion

Yeap, it could very be they leave the individul with a subscription card that is not restricted to only the Knowledge channel lineup but the paperwork submitted to the office says he's only on the Knowledge package.

no its a full-on promotion by TRUE the brochure does state knowledge + an extra 85 channels and tons of baht for your phone.

sounds to me some people are mad because they are getting taken by true.. I waited 8months to sign up because i didnt want to be one of the stupid people who overpay, i knew at some point they were bound to offer a decent promotion

Can you scan and post that brochure or point us to the promotion on their web site?

Has anybody tried 3BB IPTV?

Obviously this is targeting the Thai market but they claim 120 channels, about half in English. Anything worth watching?

http://iptv.3bb.co.t...ptv/channel.php suggests there isn't a single major international news channel - sounds incredible with the number of channels available....

k brochure in front of me, doesnt exist in english.

199baht per month, 400baht fee for install+dish + 200baht free per month for your true simcard

You get knowledge + 47 + 12 channels. includes movie hits, true sports, all true explore, true sports 2 Fox, speed. t sports, football siam tv, special movies, true film asia, spiecial sport, special series, toon and much more

then theres other plans l;ike Cband thai crap for 230 channels where u pay from 180 per month to 600 depending on what you want.

k brochure in front of me, doesnt exist in english.

199baht per month, 400baht fee for install+dish + 200baht free per month for your true simcard

You get knowledge + 47 + 12 channels. includes movie hits, true sports, all true explore, true sports 2 Fox, speed. t sports, football siam tv, special movies, true film asia, spiecial sport, special series, toon and much more

then theres other plans l;ike Cband thai crap for 230 channels where u pay from 180 per month to 600 depending on what you want.

Are you talking True/TrueVisions or some third-party company that happens to be selling TrueVisions packages at a reduced rate. The reason I ask is because the plan you describe (i.e., Knowledge +47 +12) doesn't seemed to be advertised on theTrueVisions website...and you also mentioned you signed up for a 3 year contract which I never heard of before. In your earlier post you said it was Knowledge + 85 channels. Maybe you really have the new TrueVisions plan called Silver which comes with 85 channels. For some reason my brain cells are telling me TrueVisions was selling a Knowledge Plus package for a while, then it went away, and the Silver package appeared...maybe they just renamed it from Knowledge Plus to Silver.

And since you mentioned C-Band where your pay a monthly subscription, well, C-band is predominantly free-to-air channels...you don't need any subscription card...I have a C-Band system installed in my house and there is no monthly charge for anything. Maybe you are saying the monthly C-Band fee is just a rental cost of a C-band system installed by some 3rd party company with no upfront installation costs but a monthly rental fee...or maybe you are talking about getting subscription for receive some encrypted C band progams. I also have TrueVisions cable TV (use to have TrueVisions Satellite TV which is a KU band system up until they installed cable in my moobaan)....and as far as I know TrueVisions only installs KU band dishes/systems (i.e., the little red or gray dish) which operate around 12GHz versus C band which requires the big black dish and operates around 4GHz. I also see the cell phone minutes are not free where you implied in your earlier post they were free (ie., tons of free baht for your phone).

I don't mean to be augmentative but your posts describing your plan have kinda be contradictory. But regardless of whether you are signed up with TrueVisions or another satellite company your are getting a good deal at 199 baht per month; expect your 3 year contract helped to get the cost that low. Thanks for your crossfeed.