Mystery Restaurant

praglen

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this from their facebook page.

We will be hosting Frugal Freddy this Tuesday!

First Course: Chunky Potato Soup

Second Course: Grilled Fish or Top Sirloin

with choice of Cole Slaw or Baked Potato

Third Course: Waffle topped with Ice Cream

All for 250 Baht

Dinner Starts at 5:30 pm and ends when we run out! Come Early.

458/04 Moo.12, Bang Lamung, Thailand 20150 About

We are a small Mom and Daughter Cafe/Bistro located right off Jomtien Beach Road. Our food is flavourful Texas Style Food with

Why the interest in this "Texas" place? Looking at the food pics, the "Texas" food appears very inauthentic and the Thai food appears to be of the typical mediocre standard easily available most everywhere.

Is someone trying to put another restaurant out of business with their food snobbery? Give them a chance.

• Like 1

Why the interest in this "Texas" place? Looking at the food pics, the "Texas" food appears very inauthentic and the Thai food appears to be of the typical mediocre standard easily available most everywhere.

Is someone trying to put another restaurant out of business with their food snobbery? Give them a chance.

First of all, one wonders if this entire thread is a promotion gimmick. Secondly, I am just a poster on a web forum stating my very subjective personal opinion of what their food is about based on pictures they themselves have supplied. Obviously, you shouldn't listen to me about whether to spend your money there. Look at the pictures yourselves, etc. However, I really can't imagine anyone with basic knowledge of American Texan cuisine to conclude it is an authentic restaurant. Not everyone cares about that. I do, you don't have to. It's like you are defending the dumbed down, everything is great, mindless beach resort hucksterism that abounds here. News flash, most food sold in Pattaya is FAR FROM GREAT. Cheers.

Look there are thousands of restaurants in town. Nobody, thank god, eats at them all. We all have to use our own personal criteria to filter them out to the ones we do spend money on. It is silly to suggest that all of us waste money trying every new place that is mentioned. For me, seeing photos that don't excite at all is good enough reason to filter out. If this place was in MY condo I would try them at least once because convenience is also a factor in choosing.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Don't see them or anyone on here claiming it to be authentic - simply says " Texas style food with Thai ingredients" .

Don't see them or anyone on here claiming it to be authentic - simply says " Texas style food with Thai ingredients" .

I agree. I didn't say they had false advertising. I said I looked at the pictures and to me it isn't Texas food. Maybe it is Texas food to non-Americans, the same way "American fried rice" which is never found in America is American food to Thais. I also agree authenticity isn't everything, good flavor is of course very important as well. Edited by Jingthing

JingThing has this magical power??

What are you saying exactly? A poster, me or anyone else, doesn't have the right to say I looked at these pictures and this is my opinion about what the pictures are telling me? If so, please report my posts about it and have a mod inform me I can't do that.

Frugal Freddy or the Queen of England can eat there all they want. My subjective reaction to their food pictures has no bearing on their free will movement in any way.

BTW, I seriously doubt the Frugal Freddy group can be characterized as a foodie organization precisely. Yes they dine around and have a good social time, and that's great, but let's face it, their choices are highly limited by low price.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

What are you saying exactly? A poster, me or anyone else, doesn't have the right to say I looked at these pictures and this is my opinion about what the pictures are telling me? If so, please report my posts about it and have a mod inform me I can't do that.

Frugal Freddy or the Queen of England can eat there all they want. My subjective reaction to their food pictures has no bearing on their free will movement in any way.

I personally don't like to see character or business assasination by people who have not even eaten at any restaurant they are criticizing. Eat their and offer a real critique or bow out.

There has been no assassination here, mate. I looked at their promotion pictures and I wrote my personal reaction to them. I didn't say anything inflammatory like they have rats in the kitchen. I don't intend to eat there based on the pictures. That's really my option, isn't it? Please get a grip and stop lobbying for mass censorship of personal opinions. Just because you wouldn't venture to share your opinion based on promotional pictures, doesn't mean you have to right to dictate your temperament to the entire world. Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

"I seriously doubt the Frugal Freddy group can be characterized as a foodie organization ... let's face it, their choices are highly limited by low price"

Yet another errant uninformed judgement. The FF moniker is simply a whimsical euphemism. Yes some of their restaurant choices would be considered "frugal", but others are quite up-scale -- easy to spend 500 to 1000 Baht without batting an eye. Uninformed people should probably not be so quick to judge others . . .

• Like 1

is a 4 story with roof garden and yes the roof garden does have a restaurant but it doesn't serve kosher food on sundays... instead that day is devoted to hippo racing.. come watch but you have to be naked.

have to confess that I didn't read the entire post but this place sounds interesting.... can I get directions to this one instead?

• Like 1

"I seriously doubt the Frugal Freddy group can be characterized as a foodie organization ... let's face it, their choices are highly limited by low price"

Yet another errant uninformed judgement. The FF moniker is simply a whimsical euphemism. Yes some of their restaurant choices would be considered "frugal", but others are quite up-scale -- easy to spend 500 to 1000 Baht without batting an eye. Uninformed people should probably not be so quick to judge others . . .

Thank you for your impression about FF. That still is not my impression based on their typical restaurant choices which I have read about over the years, but I respect that is your "informed" opinion about FF and will add it to my brain stack of random info about FF. BTW, I have NOTHING against lower priced restaurants; in fact, being broke arsed, I strongly prefer them. You can have your subjective opinion and I can have mine. OK with you?wai.gif Edited by Jingthing

"OK with you?"

Sure, but why don't you just give it a rest -- the OP was simply asking for instructions on how to find a new place. Talk about OFF TOPIC! . . . laugh.png

I am very happy to give it a rest. Maybe we can chat more about it at a FF-ing "foodie" event.

"Maybe we can chat more about it at a FF-ing "foodie" event"

I haven't attended in quite some time but I get reports from friends who are regulars. If you want to know the truth, I doubt you'd be welcome.

Oh the sting. crying.gif Why is that old friend?huh.png Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1