Why Did You Come To Thailand?

lonexpat

No such place as Utopia.

Speak for yourself, I am surrounded by herds of unicorns bearing nubile tanned sloe eyed temptresses who ply me with ambrosia while satisfying my every whim. ohmy.png

You haven't left Montagar yet? ohmy.png

Ok, you got me, it's actually two dogs and a Mia who let's me drink if I behave myself and do the gardening...

I dislike coming down too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you got me, it's actually two dogs and a Mia who let's me drink if I behave myself and do the gardening...

I dislike coming down too.

Sometimes I tie papermache horns onto the dogs heads.....

I'm so pathetic.

• Like 1

I knew the credit crunch would turn into something far more serious so flogged the flat, quit the job and binned the main squeeze with a view to going around the world for a few years. I'd never been to Thailand so thought I'd start off here for a month. Decided to hang about for a while.

It's still very cheap to live, the food's good, the women are very attractive (if not particularly deep) and the people are largely indifferent to my presence.

and the people are largely indifferent to my presence.

And that is the single most defining aspect that will make your life in los pleasurable.

Unless you marry into a family of generals...

...or hook up with an real country gal in the deepest darkest of Isaan.coffee1.gif

I think you will find it is spelled " weclomed" . Anyway ,as a young man I was on a voyage , nay journey , and filthy lucre , but not a lot , was bursting from my weskit purse . Once I ad done it all down the battlecruiser I ad to move on and sell my guitar and cape to a bakers son for a few crumbs and a place to hyde .(course I did) . Then I became interested in truck driving and later labouring under the hot China sun for to earn my chine . Now I have a lang haus up country and offspring that speak Issan , Glaswegian and Cantonese.

So, I came here mainly because I had no idea what I wanted to do when I grew up , I still don't and haven't but I might add there was always a dark and mysterious gal somewhere in the back of my mind singing my song .

came long ago to fight.

After the fight I was invited to stay in my opponents camp to live and train, shortly after i sighned a contract and i stayed.

enjoyed a short by thai standard life changing career living in camp, amazing but difficult.

have since returned and i wonder between Thailand and Australia.

came long ago to fight.

After the fight I was invited to stay in my opponents camp to live and train, shortly after i sighned a contract and i stayed.

enjoyed a short by thai standard life changing career living in camp, amazing but difficult.

have since returned and i wonder between Thailand and Australia.

What do you wonder ??

Names not 'Hicks' is it ??

I came here on the way to somewhere else where I never arrived.

me too, a six month hiatus at the beach and a well timed job offer delayed my trip 16 years and counting...

For me a three month break on the way to a job in Singapore. I finally got a chance to visit Singapore 3 years ago, but was 27 years too late and the job had already been taken. laugh.png

No such place as Utopia.

Speak for yourself, I am surrounded by herds of unicorns bearing nubile tanned sloe eyed temptresses who ply me with ambrosia while satisfying my every whim.

I thought Utopia was near Kampheang Phet.
  • Like 1

I came for a job in October 2004. Fell in love with the place, the lifestyle and learned quickly that the path to happiness in Thailand is remembering that it isn't the west - enjoy the good bits, and let the frustrations not affect you.

Made a strategic retreat for work reasons a couple of years ago back to London (hated it) but am now working in Hong Kong, but in my mind I still live in Thailand and spend so much time in LOS that i could be deemed to effectively commute to HK.

Will be back full-time and permanently in the next year or two.

I came here for a holiday ,then came back to roger as many ladies as i could ...

... and the small cohort of perpetual whiners/whingers on TV can't understand why farang are not universally respected & deified ... and let's face it that's the biggest problem for most of the moaners. They expected to come here and take up their "rightful" role as pukka sahib with a grateful population celebrating their presence. Once they discover that Thais see neither form nor substance that would warrant that, these farang face the reality that they aren't all that special and that (shock , shudder) not everyone loves them.

129059630332480211.jpg

I feel the op is having a shitty time at present,chin up son it can only get better,I've had a crap day to this gout in my knee is not letting up.

I came to Thailand because it's cold in the UK this time of year,spoke to my brother earlier said its gonna be minus 10 by the end of the week.

Have you tried bicarbonate of soda?