Why Did You Come To Thailand?

lonexpat

I feel the op is having a shitty time at present,chin up son it can only get better,I've had a crap day to this gout in my knee is not letting up.

I came to Thailand because it's cold in the UK this time of year,spoke to my brother earlier said its gonna be minus 10 by the end of the week.

Have you tried bicarbonate of soda?

No but i will look into it cheers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came here for a holiday ,then came back to roger as many ladies as i could ...

... and the small cohort of perpetual whiners/whingers on TV can't understand why farang are not universally respected & deified ... and let's face it that's the biggest problem for most of the moaners. They expected to come here and take up their "rightful" role as pukka sahib with a grateful population celebrating their presence. Once they discover that Thais see neither form nor substance that would warrant that, these farang face the reality that they aren't all that special and that (shock , shudder) not everyone loves them.

129059630332480211.jpg

I would given half a chance...

I came here for a holiday ,then came back to roger as many ladies as i could ...
... and the small cohort of perpetual whiners/whingers on TV can't understand why farang are not universally respected & deified ... and let's face it that's the biggest problem for most of the moaners. They expected to come here and take up their "rightful" role as pukka sahib with a grateful population celebrating their presence. Once they discover that Thais see neither form nor substance that would warrant that, these farang face the reality that they aren't all that special and that (shock , shudder) not everyone loves them.

As the gangsta's say, don't hate the player, hate the game. If Thailand were not known as the sex capital of the world, punters would find somewhere else to hang their hat. You are correct in that once a foreigner gets past the facade and realizes there is no form nor substance in the circles which they travel, and realize that money number 1, then yes, the illusion disappears. At that point they either peel back the layers to find happiness or go elsewhere.

As to the OP, my position with MegaCorp brought me to Thailand many years ago while working in the region. MegaCorp's SEA HQ is in Bangkok, so I was based there off and on for a few years and have developed an affinity for the people, culture and country. I have since rotated back to the west, but will be making Thailand my home once again for part of the year very soon.

I feel the op is having a shitty time at present,chin up son it can only get better,I've had a crap day to this gout in my knee is not letting up.

I came to Thailand because it's cold in the UK this time of year,spoke to my brother earlier said its gonna be minus 10 by the end of the week.

I think that I first heard about it on the heallth forum. I looked into it, chated to a few fellow sufferes and tried it. It works for me. I drink a glass of water with half a teapoon of BOS morning and evening and somehow it alcalzes the body. Good luck!

I think that I first heard about it on the heallth forum. I looked into it, chated to a few fellow sufferes and tried it. It works for me. I drink a glass of water with half a teapoon of BOS morning and evening and somehow it alcalzes the body. Good luck!

Another remedy is Voltaren Gel applied to the inflamantion. The Voltaren tablets, whichever MG, are quite pricy but as good is Subsyde-CR also sold over the counter at many pharmacies.