Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

There is one part of the story that doesn't make sense.

"Delaney who seemed badly intoxicated, followed the girl back to the bar and angrily demanded his money back.

The bar owner quickly complied to Delaney's request"

That doesn't sound right....A Thai quickly handing over a refund?

Take a look at the picture of the Irish man. Then ask that question again :)

• Like 1

There is one part of the story that doesn't make sense.

"Delaney who seemed badly intoxicated, followed the girl back to the bar and angrily demanded his money back.

The bar owner quickly complied to Delaney's request"

That doesn't sound right....A Thai quickly handing over a refund?

Take a look at the picture of the Irish man. Then ask that question again smile.png

Good point. That guy is a hulk.

I can see why that bargirl was having second thoughts.....

• Like 2

I've read most of the replies here and frankly I think the most of them are rubbish! We all know what can happen when guys get drunk - the sensible ones go home and sleep it off and the others go looking for trouble.

None of us where at the scene so we really don't know who or how this fight started.

It's very easy to log on here and point the finger at "the Thais" or the "motorcycle taxi drivers".

Don't blame everything on the motorcycle taxi drivers.

Between the taxi mafia, building mafia, jet ski scammers, and a multitude of lowlife farangs, this story just adds icing on the cake to cross sleazy Pattaya off list. I'll enjoy my far more civilized Chiang Mai thank you very much.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the biggest scammer in Thailand, currently residing outside the country, hail from your neck of the woods?

• Like 2

Between the taxi mafia, building mafia, jet ski scammers, and a multitude of lowlife farangs, this story just adds icing on the cake to cross sleazy Pattaya off list. I'll enjoy my far more civilized Chiang Mai thank you very much.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the biggest scammer in Thailand, currently residing outside the country, hail from your neck of the woods?

+1

I blame the crash of the Irish economy and the austerity measures that have been put in effect...they thought they were rich but found out they are poor as they always have been, so, as a people, they're under allot of stress right now.

You are a genius! No one could have fathomed this one out! Were you the ruler of the Queen's navy in the former life?

Edited by kujirasan

I blame the crash of the Irish economy and the austerity measures that have been put in effect...they thought they were rich but found out they are poor as they always have been, so, as a people, they're under allot of stress right now.

You are a genius! No one could have fathomed this one out! Were the ruler of the Queen's navy in the former life?

Think so, good eh. drunk.gif

i donnt think for one second that the bar owner gave the irish men their money back just no way.when a foreigner gets the better of these parasites they make up a big story and call the police.of course there was no foreign witnesses there are never any..i was never in trouble in thailand only coz i walked away even when i was in the right.im sick of those thai rip of merchants.take the sex out of it thailand would have verry little tourists

I see you went to the school of linguists. So I trust you will be returning to Thailand given it's only about sex?

slightly off topic but I am inquisitive....what brought you to Thailand...really?

Born and raised in Asia. Been here some 35 years now. And no, I don't solicit sex from any persuasion - an evening in the likes of Nana or Cowboy are a strain on the senses but on the list of must-dos for foreign clients / suppliers - most inconvenient. . Pattaya - don't get me started. I have a client there. I drive down, have the meeting and head straight back to Bangers. I'd rather run naked through the streets of Tehran waving the star spangled banner than spend an evening there. And yes, I do believe Thailand has a lot more quality tourists than 'rustydick' would care to believe. Thought I might get that in before you become more inquisitive smile.png

whoring-drunkeness and brawls are an art perfected by your fellow countrymen(so you are an exception...well done) and were happening way long before any farang turned up with their fat wallet....it's just that the story has more ooomph when it involves a white man....yes BKK has some lovely parts and I also enjoy it there when visiting, Pattaya....well it's had it's day hasn't it and I can understand you being seen off by the majority of it's patrons but let's get one thing clear....Thailand without easy to get sex/prostitution is really not that desirable for many of it's visitors wai.gif

• Like 1

lots of nice, classy characters in thailand wink.png

my advice is to get a girlfriend and leave the bar scene alone.

Good advice - but that's EXACTLY why so many blokes go to those bars in the first place - to find a "nice" girlfriend... it's a catch 22 really.

no matter how stupid and bad the stabbing by the irishmen were... those thugs had it coming. Its just karma's way of punishing the evil thais

You don't even know what really happened and are just assuming the Thais were at fault and are 'evil'. What karma is that? The Thais be out of the hospital in a few days and will be as good as new in weeks. The two idiots however will probably have a few years in jail with lots of 'evil' Thais to play wth them. Now THAT'S karma. And it's a real bitch.

I hope you are sooo right ... A lot of people on here keep telling how evil and bad the thai are. If you don't like thai, or the government, or the police, or whatever, nothing is stopping you guys from leaving the country, right ? So stop anoying us with your bull****. Those girls had every right to fear for there own safety, so we clearly can see from what those irish did. Throw them in Bangkok Hilton for some years !

those girls should never have left the bar in the first place would you not agree....

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

That's right. Blame the 'Thai mob'

Read the story. The Irish returned to get their money back. The owner gave them their money. They weren't satisfied for some reason, caused more ruckus and assaulted two customers in the bar. Staff and motorcycle guys came to aid of bar owner. The Irish left. The bar was shut down and owner of bar takes two unidentified victims to hospital. The two farangs then returned to the bar and started the brawl with the 4 Thai guys who had probably forced them to leave after the money was refunded.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

What your saying is true but remember this is only the side of the story from the Bar Owner. Have the two Irish gentlemen agreed and confirmed that the nice Thai bar owner gave them their money back? I didn't read that part.

• Like 1

This business of the believing the Thai side is a bit off! Thai brothel operators or bar owner around Pattaya, don't refund money! Those motor cycle thugs always carry nasty knives, and that is why the poice cannot find it, Patrick the hulk, probably got it form the little thugs and gave them the taste of medicine! One cannot be that naive, to take this shit seriously in a sleazy place like Patthaya where ripping off Farnag is a way of life the Bordello owner operator, refunded the doe!

Defending the Thais againt predudicail commentries, but trashing the Irish,and many of Pattayas residents. Hmmm, there is a term for that - hypocr..no- racis..no -- its called an elitist anti Pattaya pansycowboy.gif

So if defending thais against predjudicall commentaries are racial, I guess Thaivisa forum in itself represents racism, as it is filled with thai bashing, in almost every thread.

• Like 1

Yes maybe, but using knifes is not very smart, the 2 Irish guys are in deep deep shit now.

Yes, its only taxi / tuktuk drivers and builders that are allowed to beat people to death, or at least close to death.

Not saying the book shouldn't be thrown at the paddy's - but I am saying that this is a double standard of epic propotions - and while stabbing someone is serious, no-one is dead or dying.

I am also saying that maybe a thousand of these guys be brought to Pattaya, Hua Hin, and Patong and be allowed to act like this with inpunity for a while, as the taxi mafias do..... then see how tough the local "gansters" are...... no, 100 will do actually for the coward little swines.

Edited by corkman

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

The article refers to Irish nationals .......... not British.

The difference is minimal, the irish are just slightly more red headed...

They need to be fairly judged but they're guilty of a premeditated attack and they've admitted to it as self defence, which it wasn't as self defence would have been the first return to the bar unarmed. Premeditated so they're buggered and good riddance. All you who promote waving knives about get out of your bar life and go to the beach or watch UBC!

no matter how stupid and bad the stabbing by the irishmen were... those thugs had it coming. Its just karma's way of punishing the evil thais

You don't even know what really happened and are just assuming the Thais were at fault and are 'evil'. What karma is that? The Thais be out of the hospital in a few days and will be as good as new in weeks. The two idiots however will probably have a few years in jail with lots of 'evil' Thais to play wth them. Now THAT'S karma. And it's a real bitch.

I hope you are sooo right ... A lot of people on here keep telling how evil and bad the thai are. If you don't like thai, or the government, or the police, or whatever, nothing is stopping you guys from leaving the country, right ? So stop anoying us with your bull****. Those girls had every right to fear for there own safety, so we clearly can see from what those irish did. Throw them in Bangkok Hilton for some years !

What is stopping me from "leaving the country" is my job. I live and work here, my kids go to school here, the employement situation in the western world sucks and I get good "hardship" pay here. So, I am as such "stuck" here. I want to go home to farang land. But in good (financial) conscience I cannot.

The way I see it the Irish guys only have themselves to blame.

What happened after the guy returned to the bar is anyones guess. Maybe the report is correct and the guy was given his refund and was still pissed off and took it out on some guys having a drink at the bar which caused the motorbike taxi drivers to step in. I've seen similar instances happen in Pattaya when people are rejected by a girl. On the other hand it may be that he was refused a refund and this angered him and then other people got involved in the argument and a fight kicked off. I've also seen people refused a refund on more than one occasion so this is also very probable. Maybe he was getting aggressive towards the girl and people stepped in. Maybe the girl tried to rob him when she was in his room. The possibilities are endless.

The big mistake he made was going back to the bar later with his friend. He should never have done that, even if he was in the right earlier in the night he should have left it and not gone back there looking for trouble.