Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

"The bar owner identified one of the suspects as Darren Philip Delaney."

The Bar owner knows this guy really well, I have close personal friends whom I have known for 20+ years and if you ask me what thier middle names are, I wouldn't have a clue. So I can only assume that the two alledged offenders were not simply tourists but long term expats who frequent this bar and the owner is a Farang also. A Thai person would identify someone as Mr Darren. A middle name means nothing to a Thai and a Thai would not identify him as Darren "Philip" Delany.

If you showed the bar owner a picture of one of the suspects and the bar owner said 'that's him' he wouldn't know the name of the suspect he's just identified. That identification would come from the police or someone else who knows the name of they guy in the picture...

Edited by endure

Um yep you should try that "According to the bar owner, Delaney who seemed badly intoxicated, followed the girl back to the bar and angrily demanded his money back. The bar owner quickly complied to Delaney's request but that did not calm him down."

Facts According to whom? Refunds are always easily forthcoming in Thailand yes? One side of story does not make it FACT

Whats a bar fine? Two of his girls offering sex for money? Can't happen, not allowed in Thailand. Hope the police have a go at the bar owner!

Strange nothing more was said about the first two people that were taken to hospital (Thai or Farang?) on the Irish guys 1st return visit.

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

Us brits............their irish!

To be fair there's a fairly substantial number of British people living on the Island of Ireland but I doubt you'd really know about much outside your own county

Most Irish guys would go balistic if you called them Brits. That of course is from the Republic; I'm from Northern Ireland, born under the Union Jack, but that is something different and we don't want to go down that road!

Because there are British people living in Ireland, I don't see what difference that makes to the Irish??

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

I have a simple explaination for that...the link didn't take me to the article and I couldn't see a link to the article on the main page so I just commented on the original post.

Edit : I don't believe for one minute the bar owner just handed over the money without some major problems.

it's in the original post, no need to Link anywhere.

Later that night, Delaney, accompanied by his friend, Thomas Plunkett, came back and began to attack the motorcycle taxi drivers and security guards in front of the bar. Witnesses told the police that Plunkett was responsible for stabbing the 2 victims.
message to Plunkett ,,, baaa you sheep, with friends like Delaney, you don't need enemies, how to get yourself roped into a hell hole!

Don't understand this one, according to the quote above, it was Plunkett that was responsible for the stabbings. Seems strange if this is true that he was lead astray.

i donnt think for one second that the bar owner gave the irish men their money back just no way.when a foreigner gets the better of these parasites they make up a big story and call the police.of course there was no foreign witnesses there are never any..i was never in trouble in thailand only coz i walked away even when i was in the right.im sick of those thai rip of merchants.take the sex out of it thailand would have verry little tourists

Rusty Dick maybe you should get yourself out of the bar scene and have a bit of a look around Thailand (and SE Asia), there are many tourists in Thailand that come for many other reasons other than what you are there for. Fair enough the sex/party tourist are concentrated in a few small areas but there is so much more to see in Thailand than just that.

• Like 2

Not sure how anyone can defend the actions of these two thugs. Regardless of the reputation of Thais ganging up on farang at the slightest provocation. If in fact the chain of events played out as related in the article, these two thugs will be pumping iron in the monkey house for a long time.

I wonder if some of the posters here have ever encountered a drunk, tatted, steriod freak from the UK before. Not a pleasant experience I can assure you. Let's put it this way, whenever in a bar and I hear a UK accent coming from a drunk and there are more than two of them, I check bin and go somewhere else as there will invariably be a fracus.

So you believe the bar staff, taxi guys and police?

The fact that the Thais were cut and not the other way around leads me to believe the story. Not to mention another poster on this thread verified that the bar owner returned the bar fine. It would be interesting to hear the statements of the original 2 farang that were "allegedly" attacked by the Irishmen.

In my experience, Thais are quite tolerant of farang antics, up to a point.

• Like 1

The Bar owner knows this guy really well, I have close personal friends whom I have known for 20+ years and if you ask me what thier middle names are, I wouldn't have a clue. So I can only assume that the two alledged offenders were not simply tourists but long term expats who frequent this bar and the owner is a Farang also. A Thai person would identify someone as Mr Darren. A middle name means nothing to a Thai and a Thai would not identify him as Darren "Philip" Delany.

If you showed the bar owner a picture of one of the suspects and the bar owner said 'that's him' he wouldn't know the name of the suspect he's just identified. That identification would come from the police or someone else who knows the name of they guy in the picture...

Agree, I was just going to write something similar, you beat me to it.

Not sure how anyone can defend the actions of these two thugs. Regardless of the reputation of Thais ganging up on farang at the slightest provocation. If in fact the chain of events played out as related in the article, these two thugs will be pumping iron in the monkey house for a long time.

I wonder if some of the posters here have ever encountered a drunk, tatted, steriod freak from the UK before. Not a pleasant experience I can assure you. Let's put it this way, whenever in a bar and I hear a UK accent coming from a drunk and there are more than two of them, I check bin and go somewhere else as there will invariably be a fracus.

So you believe the bar staff, taxi guys and police?

How can you not PaulJones? Not that the witnesses are identified by race in any case....

They came to the bar to get their barfine and fought with Farangs. The Thais helped break it up and they left. Security guard just doing his job. What you would all be saying if the Thais had all just stood back and let him kick the crap out of the Farangs is another story.

Then they went back to the bar! Why would they go back a second time?

It doesn't matter who pulled the knife originally, if you willingly put yourself into a fight it's not self defense, it's stupidity.

All over a few hundred baht and some roid-ego

They came back a second time because they had to go home to get their knives. If they'd had the knives the first time the two farang they beat up would have had knife wounds. The knife was used the second go round, on the Thai's only. These two used the knife only on the Thai's. They must be racist as well as drunken roid freaks.

no these two r noted trouble makers they r continually causing trouble ...banned in a couple of places they r usually with another smaller guy who is a real shxxx he deliberately bumps people i hope they get whats coming to them ..see how tough they r in a few months fxxxx them sure the taxi mafia and girls can be bad news these cxxxxts prob them in previous life ....

• Like 1

Yes I agree 100% and that was my point. However the story clearly states that "THE BAR OWNER" identified him as Darren Philip Delany. The story does not say that a suspect has been identified as a Darren Philip Delany.

Police; "Do you know who may have done this?"

B/Owner "yes it was Darren Philip Delany." (An irishman with a strong Liverpudlian accent)

I hope in the name of justice that the police did not just show the bar owner a single photgraph of a suspect but compiled a complete photoboard of people of the same sex, ethnic background, and appearance, nor did they simply have the suspect in a one man lineup.

Sorry Endure I am not having a go at you, it is just in my nature to pick the bones out of things like this. I guess it comes with the job.

I hope in the name of justice that the police did not just show the bar owner a single photgraph of a suspect but compiled a complete photoboard of people of the same sex, ethnic background, and appearance, nor did they simply have the suspect in a one man lineup.

Sorry Endure I am not having a go at you, it is just in my nature to pick the bones out of things like this. I guess it comes with the job.

You are not seriously suggesting that this has gotten so far and the 2 in custody are in fact completely innocent and unrelated victims of mistaken identity?

If so please change your Avatar at the earliest.

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

Strange? ...Is Ireland no longer part of the british isles?

Are you Thai or American.

Obviously Geography is not your strong point.

Madagascar is in the Indian ocean but that does not make them Indians.

Canada is on the North American continent but guess what..............

Brits originate from the United Kingdom of Great Britain, which consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and not the Republic of Ireland (Eire).

People from the Republic of Ireland are Irish and not British.

If you are still having problems understanding this, the following links will help you in this matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

http://en.wikipedia....i/Great_Britain

As Roj mentioned in his post (post # 140 in this thread) “I don't think the Irish will thank you for referring to them as Brits”.

Edited by tonytigerbkk
  • Like 2

I drink in New Plaza quite a bit, never seen any bad attitude from any Thais there.

Any trouble I have ever seen has always been from idiot drunk farang, with the Thais being very restrained in the way they dealt with it.

My guess is these two where bang out of order and I hope they get what they deserve, a long time in prison!

• Like 1

Sooner , or later, the taxi dudes will encounter some street fighting farangs when they do not have 10 freinds to back them up. Looks like it just happened. After what happened to the Estonian lads in 2008--one dead, two others injured--I have little sympathy for the little bullies. https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=626

So just like these irishmen they also went back looking for trouble esxcept this time it was the farang who came off second best...... dumbasses.

You are not seriously suggesting that this has gotten so far and the 2 in custody are in fact completely innocent and unrelated victims of mistaken identity?

If so please change your Avatar at the earliest.

No, I am not saying anything of the kind. These guys may very well be guilty but I am not on the jury and can't say 100% either way. My comments were more about how the story was written (I.D) and a response to another posters comments.

I don't think these guys were nice people. I went the other day to an Irish pub near my home and I saw some young patrons becoming obnoxious and loud.

What if the situation would be reversed?

Suppose two Thai guys get drunk in a pub in Ireland and start to become nasty with the patrons and the girls....

Drunks with weapons? It sounds a bit like most Sat nights in Temple Bar......Not Thai of course just English, Scots, Welsh, Estonian, Dutch, Swedish etc etc etc and a few Irish as well......I must say though these pair do not sound like honset upstanding citizens and prob deserve what's coming!

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

That's right. Blame the 'Thai mob'

Read the story. The Irish returned to get their money back. The owner gave them their money. They weren't satisfied for some reason, caused more ruckus and assaulted two customers in the bar. Staff and motorcycle guys came to aid of bar owner. The Irish left. The bar was shut down and owner of bar takes two unidentified victims to hospital. The two farangs then returned to the bar and started the brawl with the 4 Thai guys who had probably forced them to leave after the money was refunded.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

Read facts? not possible.

Being an expat from sunny Glasgow I've ashamedly seen it all before and it makes me sick to my stomach that this bunch of scruff come here causing trouble.

Most of you will agree Thailand, whether it is Pattaya, Bangkok or Buriram is for lovers not fighters and this type are in a minority. I want to see it stay that way.

Any farang who carries a blade or doesn't take the chance to walk away from trouble when he has it is bad news and I sincerely hope the Thai Police make sure that an example is set and these guys are put away for a very long time.

So long, it hits every newspaper in the western world and sends the message "Don't come here" to all like them.

• Like 1

I would say the bar owner lied and did not give the irish guys their money back, and the irish guys lost their temper.

Some people dont like to be cheated?

Some people chose to believe in God or Buddha. Your choices are no less valid.

The 300baht barfine was returned without question - you believe what you want

Don't take a job as a prosecutor whatever you do wai.gif

The girls went to his house which he could have owned or rent long term or short term.

Most likely he's not a tourist I'll give you thatclap2.gif

Either way they knew where he lived and the girls would surely know his "Wa' Yua name?"

Police would ask the girls where he stayed, go there grab him and his passport take him back to the bar "Is this the guy?"

Could easily have been only the 2nd time the bar owner had seen him in his life.

I hope those potato heads get sent back the Irish land. They get's their refund grabs some blades and goes for the mickey brawl. Sad about the Thais getting hurt. Not all Thai's are bad people, not all Irish people are morons. Go drinking with Irish people and there's a fight to come. It is just in their nature.

Gang of Thais attack foreigners over jet ski dispute.

Did the police arrest them?

It appears that they were all taken in to the police station. They said they will work it out there..

translation, the police will get them a so called discount from what the thais want and the police will keep 20% and give the thais 80%.

Strange? ...Is Ireland no longer part of the british isles?

Are you Thai or American.

Obviously Geography is not your strong point.

Madagascar is in the Indian ocean but that does not make them Indians.

Canada is on the North American continent but guess what..............

Brits originate from the United Kingdom of Great Britain, which consists of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and not the Republic of Ireland (Eire).

People from the Republic of Ireland are Irish and not British.

If you are still having problems understanding this, the following links will help you in this matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

http://en.wikipedia....i/Great_Britain

As Roj mentioned in his post (post # 140 in this thread) “I don't think the Irish will thank you for referring to them as Brits”.

kingdratsab established himself as a Brit in his first post, "what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......"

Why ask if he is American?? I'm sure this was simply an oversight on your behave.

Irish guys...with accents from Liverpool........

More like travelling on an Irish passport as their original British one's were blacklisted.

That might calm down all the Brits who love to bash the Irish all the time on these forums for any wrong doing.

Like the British when they travel are such saints wink.png

"That might calm down all the Brits who love to bash the Irish all the time on these forums for any wrong doing".

You just made that up didn't you.

,"the Pussy bar and Boom Boom bar"

No Boom Boom with Pussy from bar.....

​ I'm neither Irish, nor British. But I do know that loads of people from there solve their problems with weapons, considering a knife as one.

A British guy I'm working with had just told me that he wouldn't fight with somebody. He'd stab him/them.

Is it a lack of education, or just being stupid and drunk, indeed a very a bad mixture?. jap.gif

Edited by sirchai