Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

That's right. Blame the 'Thai mob'

Read the story. The Irish returned to get their money back. The owner gave them their money. They weren't satisfied for some reason, caused more ruckus and assaulted two customers in the bar. Staff and motorcycle guys came to aid of bar owner. The Irish left. The bar was shut down and owner of bar takes two unidentified victims to hospital. The two farangs then returned to the bar and started the brawl with the 4 Thai guys who had probably forced them to leave after the money was refunded.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

Oh my god. Are you for real mate? All you know is what the Thais told the newspaper and you take that as a FACT? Just think about it for a second. Why would you cause trouble after you got your money back? Something smells fishy here. I guess there's a lot more to it that what the bar owner told the newspaper.

no matter how stupid and bad the stabbing by the irishmen were... those thugs had it coming. Its just karma's way of punishing the evil thais

You don't even know what really happened and are just assuming the Thais were at fault and are 'evil'. What karma is that? The Thais be out of the hospital in a few days and will be as good as new in weeks. The two idiots however will probably have a few years in jail with lots of 'evil' Thais to play wth them. Now THAT'S karma. And it's a real bitch.

Erm what you started by saying is true - but to wish the Irish lads ill, as your last sentence, falls into the same trap you warned in your first - as you say, we do not know what really happened, so it may be very unfare that they end up in prison.

PS: It's also not Karma - Karma does not "pay you back" in the same life - indeed, it does not "pay you back" at all, it it's about learning the right lesson in your next life to allow you to move on towards Nibarna (Nirvarna).

The post does not even say they brought the knife, merely people got stabbed - It may well have been on scene or used, or even one of the Thais turned back on them - or they may have brought it - we do not know at this juncture.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

That's right. Blame the 'Thai mob'

Read the story. The Irish returned to get their money back. The owner gave them their money. They weren't satisfied for some reason, caused more ruckus and assaulted two customers in the bar. Staff and motorcycle guys came to aid of bar owner. The Irish left. The bar was shut down and owner of bar takes two unidentified victims to hospital. The two farangs then returned to the bar and started the brawl with the 4 Thai guys who had probably forced them to leave after the money was refunded.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

Oh my god. Are you for real mate? All you know is what the Thais told the newspaper and you take that as a FACT? Just think about it for a second. Why would you cause trouble after you got your money back? Something smells fishy here. I guess there's a lot more to it that what the bar owner told the newspaper.

I guess what really happened was this: They didn't get their money back, they weren't happy about it and started trouble, they got kicked around a bit and then thrown out (motorbike taxi riders more than happy to help), then the Irish guys went back to their hotel got a knife, went back and took revenge on the f.ckers. I might be completely wrong, though.

Trying to see both sides.... Irish but love Thailand, sadly not Pattaya.

If the girls returned to the bar, yes they did deserve a refund. My thoughts are if they received one would it have really kicked off?

Irish have a great sense of right & wrong and if wronged we like to put it right. I think it kicked off, the first time and they went away unpaid and came back tooled up - then it kicked off big time. If you knew people were armed the first time you wouldn't tackle them the second.

Oh by the way I don't drink and have been robbed at gunpoint coming from church Christmas eve, so know the truth of Thai's opinions on cash cow farangs.

Feel REALLY sorry for this guys who went for fun and now will loose years of their lives in monkey house.

Defending the Thais againt predudicail commentries, but trashing the Irish,and many of Pattayas residents. Hmmm, there is a term for that - hypocr..no- racis..no -- its called an elitist anti Pattaya pansy

So if defending thais against predjudicall commentaries are racial, I guess Thaivisa forum in itself represents racism, as it is filled with thai bashing, in almost every thread.

Doh! He (almost) said that "trashing the Irish,and many of Pattayas residents" is racist (not racial as that would not make sense at all), not defending the Thais.

The article refers to Irish nationals .......... not British.

The difference is minimal, the irish are just slightly more red headed...

I would like to see the outcome of you trying to explain to these two Irish lads that they are really British with red hair.

• Like 1

Like most news that is reported in Thailand, I view this story as a hypothetical. Who is providing the information; The Irish or the Thai? Does it seem reasonable to anyone that the two Irishmen would return to a closed bar and start a knife fight after getting a refund? Why was anyone there if it was closed and the owner was at the hospital? Finally, why would he start a fight the time first if he had readily received a refund? It seems drunkenness is used in all the stories we read here to explain why a foreigner is beaten up or causes trouble. Trouble is never due to the foreigner being scammed or a drunken Thai.

from the news item and also speaking to someone that was there - here are some snippets

First the security guy and the MB taxi guy are not walking street thugs, they where called to help a bar owner resolve a situation which had/ was getting out of hand, when you own a bar full of ladies and 2x toughnut falangs want to rumble you don't have many options for help

When the money was returned to them the girls got irrate and gave them a bit of stick about how they where treated, a frackass took place in the bar where several falang customers trying to mediate and help, they where set upon at which point the security guy was called and several Thais to stop it getting worse and help remove them from the bar, several punches where thrown and the two Irish/Liverpool guys left amid a toraid of threats against all concerned. The two falang that where injured in the bar went to hospital for treatment.

The Irish guys came back supposedly armed with knives and proceeded to start a fight with the Thais at which point the two Thai guys concerned where seriously injured........................and rest you know

No foreign witnesses ?

But no shortage of foreign judges

I think you'll find the two patrons beaten and then sent to hospital were farang...so ask them really what happened...if they can remember

you may find one of them is the bar owners husband jap.gif

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

I don`t think the Irish will thank you for referring to them as Brits!

Fair point

I'm Irish but I also hold dwell citizenship with another country, which I have often used there passport to enter Thailand. I am not slagging of the English

but just stating a point.

I don't think these guys were nice people. I went the other day to an Irish pub near my home and I saw some young patrons becoming obnoxious and loud.

What if the situation would be reversed?

Suppose two Thai guys get drunk in a pub in Ireland and start to become nasty with the patrons and the girls....

I'm Irish and in all my time in Bangkok I have met VERY VERY few Irish people in Irish pubs. Let's just keep it real mate - Irish football supporters on both sides of the border are renowned the world over for their good behaviour abroad so we don't need people like you trying to portray the Irish as thugs. There's thugs in every country bar none, and sadly they give people like you the opportunity to stereotype an entire nation

• Like 2

Not sure how anyone can defend the actions of these two thugs. Regardless of the reputation of Thais ganging up on farang at the slightest provocation. If in fact the chain of events played out as related in the article, these two thugs will be pumping iron in the monkey house for a long time.

I wonder if some of the posters here have ever encountered a drunk, tatted, steriod freak from the UK before. Not a pleasant experience I can assure you. Let's put it this way, whenever in a bar and I hear a UK accent coming from a drunk and there are more than two of them, I check bin and go somewhere else as there will invariably be a fracus.

A MAZ ING ... Thai Visa wins the "you simply must be kidding award" yet again.

Two drunks got in a fight, even after getting a refund... returned to the scene, armed...stabbed a few people....

wait for it .....

It is the Thai's fault!

P R I C E L E S S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. <deleted> is wrong with you people?!

That's true...assuming the version of events reported in the newspaper article...coming mostly from the Thai side of things...is correct and accurate...

I don't know one way or the other... But some of the details recounted in the article seem a little less than genuine...

The girls left their job undone because the guys were too drunk? Since when are Pattaya beer bar girls not used to dealing with drunken louts... I'd suspect it's part of the job description, and an everyday thing... even dealing with drunk Irishmen... leaving aside drunk Russians, for the moment.

And who really started attacking who first? I know what the bar owner is saying...but the Irish guys are saying different... And since it was a Pattaya beer bar, presumably there were other farang customers around. But no corroboration stated from any of them...

I'm just saying... a lot of the supposed facts passed off in news reports posted here belong on toilet paper, not news paper.

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

Us brits............their irish!

To be fair there's a fairly substantial number of British people living on the Island of Ireland but I doubt you'd really know about much outside your own county

• Like 1

2 dumb drunk/drug addled, steroid muscled micks went looking for a fight over a few hundred baht. Twice.

Won the battle, lost the war.

mfr_closed1.gif

At least they could have a fight unlike most of the English fools who think they can have a row and end up face down, battered!!

They are Irish, not British!

This is around the 5th post saying the same thing. Guess what, to the rest of the world you are spliting hair. Just like when all Americans are lumped into the same barrel and the US is 38 times larger than the UK. Get over it, to the rest, you are all cut from the same cloth, whether you like it or not.

I've read most of the replies here and frankly I think the most of them are rubbish! We all know what can happen when guys get drunk - the sensible ones go home and sleep it off and the others go looking for trouble.

None of us where at the scene so we really don't know who or how this fight started.

It's very easy to log on here and point the finger at "the Thais" or the "motorcycle taxi drivers".

Don't blame everything on the motorcycle taxi drivers.

Quite right. My first thought was "This kind of thing never happens to me."

The second was " I wouldn't remember if it did."