Thais Are Saved

thaiIand

people are terrible at driving, having this in third world countries would be amazing. Thais already hate driving(no manuals) so this would be very welcome. Forced to follow speed limits and safe driving while they drink their chang at the wheel. The maniacs on manual mode wouldnt kill anyone has the cars would all be able to avoid danger unlike thais who are to busy picking their nose or talking on the phone to notice they are actually driving.

it wont stop people who love driving from driving.

No this technology will not work in Thailand as it assumes basic driver responsibility and control. You would go 20 metres in Thailand and be stalled indefinetly. They completly fail to understand Thai driving e.g.

• The van that just has to occupy two lanes.
  • The car that randomly cuts across 3 lanes
  • Buddha protect me I am passing/turning/eating/praying and all whilst driving
  • Flashing lights from oncoming cars to tell you that they are stooopid, but coming through anyway.
  • Miss kitty in her honda on phone
  • Somchai the unbelievable in his D Max wandering randomly all over the road.
  • The speed limit is what? So how can it follow it

And lastly but most importantly the screw everyone else I own a BMW/Mercedes/Tuna etc attitude.

Cheers

• Like 1

people are terrible at driving, having this in third world countries would be amazing. Thais already hate driving(no manuals) so this would be very welcome. Forced to follow speed limits and safe driving while they drink their chang at the wheel. The maniacs on manual mode wouldnt kill anyone has the cars would all be able to avoid danger unlike thais who are to busy picking their nose or talking on the phone to notice they are actually driving.

more than 50% of all vehicles in Th are manual gear

This invention would be great for the US and Canada tho, where people are unable to drive and shift, but due to very wide roads and heavy law enforcement still managesclap2.gif

And just how much do you think this will cost? There ain't gonna be no third world countries using this technology on the cars with the drivers who need it the most any more then it would be here and it isn't charity or free by any means..

more than 50% of all vehicles in Th are manual gear

This invention would be great for the US and Canada tho, where people are unable to drive and shift, but due to very wide roads and heavy law enforcement still managesclap2.gif

Nice troll attempt.. coffee1.gif

No this technology will not work in Thailand as it assumes basic driver responsibility and control. You would go 20 metres in Thailand and be stalled indefinetly. They completly fail to understand Thai driving e.g.

• Flashing lights from oncoming cars to tell you that they are stooopid, but coming through anyway.

And lastly but most importantly the screw everyone else I own a BMW/Mercedes/Tuna etc attitude.

Cheers

Ain't that the truth today I was following guess what? A tuna driver who insisted on riding right on the right side lane line for several kilo's in heavy traffic on Chaeng Whattana and then it became contagious and a Honda driver in the lane next to us began doing the same thing, finally I just had to blow around these 2 imbeciles as it was buggin the bejesus out of me..

If you're going to let the car do the driving, you may as well just use public transport.. I mean why go into the expense of car ownership if you don't want to drive?!?

Good. My sentiments too. smile.png

I agree as well.. What's the point of driving then? Take a bus or taxi if you want someone/thing else to drive for you.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Cheers

You forget,Somchai's day out on the right hand stroke of the road.

where people are unable to drive and shift,

I don't think this is a troll simply an observation. My ex-wife said the same when we moved to Canada. She said it more diplomatically. Her opinion was that driving a standard made her think more about the driving and which gear she needed to be in whereas when driving an auto the car did all the thinking and the driver doesn't have to, so can be more distracted by other stuff.

they drive manuals because they are poor though, not because they want to.. unlike in the west

As for Thai being poorer. They maybe, but they drive manual because it uses less fuel, not necessarily because the can't afford to buy an auto.

Or ir all that's been available. It hasn't been that long since you couldn't buy a pickup with an automatic has it?

Driving with the windows up and the radio on also allows for more distractions and do power windows and comfortable seating. Seat belts give a false sense of security. The list could go on and on, but some people pay better attention that others, but no one pays attention 100% of the time.

Or ir all that's been available. It hasn't been that long since you couldn't buy a pickup with an automatic has it?

Hilux Mighty-X was the first pickup in TH offered with AT, in 1996.

Isuzu Dragon Eyes got AT in 1998.

Nissan Big M got it in 1998.

Mistubishi Strada got it 1999.

Back then there was only one variant per brand with AT though, so nothing like today's options.

Cheers

Ain't that the truth today I was following guess what? A tuna driver who insisted on riding right on the right side lane line for several kilo's in heavy traffic on Chaeng Whattana and then it became contagious and a Honda driver in the lane next to us began doing the same thing, finally I just had to blow around these 2 imbeciles as it was buggin the bejesus out of me..

woosah biggrin.png

I don't think this is a troll simply an observation. My ex-wife said the same when we moved to Canada. She said it more diplomatically. Her opinion was that driving a standard made her think more about the driving and which gear she needed to be in whereas when driving an auto the car did all the thinking and the driver doesn't have to, so can be more distracted by other stuff.

they drive manuals because they are poor though, not because they want to.. unlike in the west

As for Thai being poorer. They maybe, but they drive manual because it uses less fuel, not necessarily because the can't afford to buy an auto.

The troll is highlighted, suggesting that Americans don't know how to drive and shift as IF they never do it which is rubbish, there are far more manuals back there then here and most there buy them BECAUSE they know how to drive them and prefer them over autos and they're cheaper to own, maintain and repair..

On your second part it's about both IMO..

Edited by WarpSpeed

but no one pays attention 100% of the time.

Disagree with this, it depends on what your definition of paying attention is? My "paying attention" is way beyond most peoples definition of paying attention just because I'm so used to multitasking at high speeds I'm way ahead of the average driver in my attention span so while I might not appear to be paying attention by your definition it's way beyond that actually and suffice it to say 100% attention all the time as long I'm driving so it's not accurate to lump everyone into that generalization..

The troll is highlighted, suggesting that Americans don't know how to drive and shift as IF they never do it which is rubbish, there are far more manuals back there then here and most there buy them BECAUSE they know how to drive them and prefer them over autos and they're cheaper to own, maintain and repair..

no trolling intended

been driving in many parts of the world including US and Canada.

US and Canadian drivers are in general unable to operate a stick shift, unable to park a car if the space is less than double the width of the car, honk every time you get closer than 10 feet from their car

Fortunately the roads are extremely wide and of excellent standard compensating for their lack of skills. If not traffic would simply come to a hault

and above was in reply to thailands bashing of Th drivers, who in general are the absolute opposite of above

suggesting that Americans don't know how to drive and shift as IF they never do it which is rubbish, there are far more manuals back there than here and most there buy them BECAUSE they know how to drive them and prefer them over autos and they're cheaper to own, maintain and repair..

My experience is different, but IF the average US person knows how to drive a stick-shift they certainly haven't shown it in the showroom.

Now we come to the year 2010. The ability to drive a car equipped with a manual transmission is becoming a dying art. The sales numbers tell the story: In 1985, according to Ward’s Communications, 22.4% of all vehicles sold in the United States came with a manual transmission. By 2007, the number had plummeted to 7.7%.

Also interesting is the theory that is the polar opposite of my ex-wife (that was always my problem but I digress)

“We also find that parents are mainly concerned with the safety of their teen driver and a manual is one more thing to distract them from focusing on driving.”

Source

http://autos.aol.com...ft-love-affair/

Edited by VocalNeal

no trolling intended

been driving in many parts of the world including US and Canada.

US and Canadian drivers are in general unable to operate a stick shift, unable to park a car if the space is less than double the width of the car, honk every time you get closer than 10 feet from their car

Fortunately the roads are extremely wide and of excellent standard compensating for their lack of skills. If not traffic would simply come to a hault

and above was in reply to thailands bashing of Th drivers, who in general are the absolute opposite of above

Rubbish!!! You've been driving many places??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif try actually having real experience driving somewhere for most of your life before posting such tripe.. I've driven many places too including Canada and much of Europe and would still never make such a senseless comment..

suggesting that Americans don't know how to drive and shift as IF they never do it which is rubbish, there are far more manuals back there than here and most there buy them BECAUSE they know how to drive them and prefer them over autos and they're cheaper to own, maintain and repair..

My experience is different, but IF the average US person knows how to drive a stick-shift they certainly haven't shown it in the showroom.

Now we come to the year 2010. The ability to drive a car equipped with a manual transmission is becoming a dying art. The sales numbers tell the story: In 1985, according to Ward’s Communications, 22.4% of all vehicles sold in the United States came with a manual transmission. By 2007, the number had plummeted to 7.7%.

Also interesting is the theory that is the polar opposite of my ex-wife (that was always my problem but I digress)

“We also find that parents are mainly concerned with the safety of their teen driver and a manual is one more thing to distract them from focusing on driving.”

Source

http://autos.aol.com...ft-love-affair/

Firstly take a look at the used car sales ads and see how many CARS there are manuals compared to here it's not rocket science to see they are ten fold more popular there then here..

That last quote is moronic too as a manual keeps you sharp and attentive to whats going on around you and requires complete attention, not the other way around.. An auto box puts you to sleep..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Firstly take a look at the used car sales ads and see how many CARS there are manuals compared to here it's not rocket science to see they are ten fold more popular there then here..

That last quote is moronic too as a manual keeps you sharp and attentive to whats going on around you and requires complete attention, not the other way around.. An auto box puts you to sleep..

Happy to look at anything if the source is quoted. Generalizations are fine but.....

Yes the auto box puts you to sleep, I believe that is the original point behind the so called troll.

That last quote is moronic too as a manual keeps you sharp and attentive to whats going on around you

Yes but as only 7 some percent of cars sold in US are stick-shift that was the kernel of the so called troll.

Ok so it's not a troll, since that seems to bother you so much, but it actually is..