Sms Support Thread

george

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahem!  :o
Other members can't sms me and i can't even sms to myself. I'm using 05XXXXXX number (665XXXXX). But i manage to get sms from "SMS" regarding my PIN the other day. Any ideas?

Thanks

Explorer :D

which network is this?

is this hutch?

DTAC DPrompt Prepaid

Thanks

Explorer :D

SMS support,

I still have not received a pin number to verify my account.

Is there some way you can give me a temp pin number so I may acsess my account and then reset my pin?

I cannot do anything until I verify my pin. Never receive it.

Thank you,

Highonthai

SMS support,

I still have not received a pin number to verify my account.

Is there some way you can give me a temp pin number so I may acsess my account and then reset my pin?

I cannot do anything until I verify my pin. Never receive it.

Thank you,

Highonthai

Hi highonthai,

I have resent your PIN from a mobile.

From now please place your support queries at http://sms.thaivisa.com/support.asp

I get this message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.16-nt]Data too long for column 'SenderIP' at row 1

/include/DB.inc, line 22

I tried several times without success.

Just got the SMS I sent to myself ( about 5 minutes later) and wife in Thailand confirms she got the SMS too. The error message remains and my credits are still 100  :o .

Hi Lourens,

thanks for pointing it out.

can i have the following details?

1) Which browser are you using?

2) which country are you in/which ISP?

in case you dont want to post these info here you can PM me...

1) Internet Explorer

2) Saudi Arabia - Don't know the ISP, it's a computer in my office.

BTW. I got a second SMS I sent myself about eight (yes, 8) hours later. But, never late than never, right?

Sorry, no new BETA testers for the time beeing

We are currenly refining the system for a sharp launch later this month. For the time beeing we don't register new users.

Existing BETA users, please post questions, and bug reports in this thread!

Thanks!

Hi George,

Just letting you know everything seems to be working OK for me. I'm in UK using Explorer on NTL Broadband. I've sent texts to mobiles in Thailand and the UK. They all appear in my outbox and correct credits have been deducted. Will check to make sure they have all been received OK.

Regards

it's been a week now since I first tried, still no pin for me...

Merlin,

Please send an email with all details to sms[at]thaivisa.com and we will fix it asap!

Cheers

I've had a couple of emails back and forth with sms[at]thaivisa.com, they said they would send a test sms to me - the latest one was 5 hours ago. But still no sms has come through yet.

I wonder, have you had any success with any other numbers from Australia - particularly with Telstra? Maybe it's some problem sending to their network?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for reporting the Maxthon bug, we will do some testing on maxthon and revert.

Our website has been optimised for firefox and is compatible with IE.

In case if anyone else has been having problems with the message typing box, please provide us your Operating System name, browser name and the problems you are facing.

Hey... I dont know why You answer only about problems :/ If someone ask normal question nobody answer :o

But ok ,it's not my case. I should be happy that You are trying to make it good.

Cheers...

Edited by Kwic

I can see that pricing have now been added to the account. Depending a bit on how much one buys for it is 144 Baht for 100 credit(each SMS minimum 2 credits) which evens out to about 3 Baht per SMS (Thailand) or more if need to write the more expensive countries. (and I presume still limited to 140 letters compared to normally 160 letters?).

Obviously this service resonably priced for people wanting to SMS internationally, but for Thaivisa members like me, doing 90% of my SMS within Thailand, I thought you would consider a special priced (or free?) membership?

Cheers!

Got a SQL error when I'm putting a ' in the message.

This bug has been fixed.

Now you can include ' in the message text.

I hope i am wrong on this.

But are you building SQL strings to be send to the SQL server.

Like:

SQl = "insert into myTable (Number, Text) values(" + theNumber + ", '" + theText + "')'

If you do "STOP IT!!!". Do a search about "sql injection". :o

If not. Pfffeeww.. :D

Georgem I keep getting the message "provider not supported" to 12 call and ais.

I've tried 3 times this morning.

Just tried for the first time time tonight. I'm with AIs and sent to my mates phone (UK number) Hes in LOS at the mo. But it worked fine.

Sorry, no new BETA testers for the time beeing

We are currenly refining the system for a sharp launch later this month. For the time beeing we don't register new users.

Existing BETA users, please post questions, and bug reports in this thread!

Thanks!

1. Application and registration went smoothly without a hitch

2. PIN number took about 4 hrs to receive

3. First message sent 23:49 (jp) arrived 21:49 (th)

4. Has worked well so far for first SMS

One suggestion - since a SMS message is limited to 140 characters, a character counter would be very useful

So I got the message that I was invited to sign up and receive 100 credits. So I signed up, and according to the SMS page, my balance is 10 credits? Will more be added later or what?

Same thing happend to me is it a bug or does Thaivisa just not like me very much :o

I noticed than any SMS I sent to people in the USA that are on "US Cellular" network do not go through. But this is the same thing that happens when I try to send it from my phone while in Thailand, so I'll bet the problem is with the "US Cellular" network.

Also, I have a suggestion. A very neat feature would be a "Future SMS" feature, where you specify exactly when the SMS would be sent. www.mobilelife.co.th had this feature a while ago but it has disappeared.